Ricky Smiley’s son hooping for bama state

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some HBCU folks in Mississippi ride with those PWIs too. Especially Mississippi State and Southern Mississippi.

In my opinion, the ones who go to USM are the ones who have no interest in Ole Piss and State, yet their parents are scared to send them to a black school. They typically have no real ties to the school after graduation. They do tailgate for homecoming tho, if that counts for anything. I worked at USM for almost two years and the only game I attended was JSU-USM. I don't know of another black person who went to any other game, alum or not. ..including the black students.

I bet all of yall gonna either be having or going to a bbq tomorrow when aint a nan one of your ancestors was free on July 4 1776 though. And happily lol

And yet they so pro black you wouldn't catch em in a room with some white folks! LMAO!

I cant for the life of me understand why grown ass men give a damn who SOMEBODY ELSE cheer for. Like to the point of where it actually bothers you...but as soon as you get a transfer from said school... its headlines on YOUR campus.

because it doesnt make sense how some of us will cheer for the big ACC/SEC school more than our own

No, not in La or the Sip. We dont support PWIs.

I was coming in here to post this..well IDK about Louisiana, but in Mississippi they support the HBCUs more than the SEC schools. North Carolina is like this as well

Sorry I just cant rock with them racist ass schools like that, especially with the current president in office. I know that the days of us getting the best players are probably gone with the SEC schools paying recruits, but all we can do is expose our kids to HBCUs early while they are young.

My little brother was a big Tennessee Vols and LSU fan when we was like 8 but I shut that down quickly and started exposing him to HBCUs and taking him to campuses. He's now at Fort Valley on the deans list

because it doesnt make sense how some of us will cheer for the big ACC/SEC school more than our own

I was coming in here to post this..well IDK about Louisiana, but in Mississippi they support the HBCUs more than the SEC schools. North Carolina is like this as well

Sorry I just cant rock with them racist ass schools like that, especially with the current president in office. I know that the days of us getting the best players are probably gone with the SEC schools paying recruits, but all we can do is expose our kids to HBCUs early while they are young.

My little brother was a big Tennessee Vols and LSU fan when we was like 8 but I shut that down quickly and started exposing him to HBCUs and taking him to campuses. He's now at Fort Valley on the deans list
The key

Is Smiley's kid any good?
that is the real question now isn't it. The only things I could find about him were some dumb comments from a tv show, he's really going to have to deal with when he hits campus. I mean, he's going to have so serious explaining to do on the yard.

But who gives a damn???? Like why would that bother you?

But who gives a damn???? Like why would that bother you?

BECAUSE IN 2019 WITH A RACIST PRESIDENT AND FEDERAL GOVERNMENT, HBCUS FACE REAL DANGERS BY THEM CUTTING FUNDING OR TRYING TO CLOSE DOWN OUR SCHOOLS

SHOWING MORE SUPPORT TO BAMA OR AUBURN OVER AAMU OR STATE GIVES THEM EVEN MORE REASON TO TURN THEIR NOSES AT US

DO NOT SUPPORT THESE SEC SCHOOLS MORE THAN YOUR OWN!

If a brother went to UA or AU then that’s fine, but for AAMU & ASU alum & students to show more support to those schools isn’t a good look.

BECAUSE IN 2019 WITH A RACIST PRESIDENT AND FEDERAL GOVERNMENT, HBCUS FACE REAL DANGERS BY THEM CUTTING FUNDING OR TRYING TO CLOSE DOWN OUR SCHOOLS

SHOWING MORE SUPPORT TO BAMA OR AUBURN OVER AAMU OR STATE GIVES THEM EVEN MORE REASON TO TURN THEIR NOSES AT US

If a brother went to UA or AU then that’s fine, but for AAMU & ASU alum & students to show more support to those schools isn’t a good look.

Best reply yet. I think there is a difference between cheering for the success of a team or player and supporting the school. However, I am with DaHill on why others should care about who others cheer for is amazing to me. If you go back and read the post concerning the "out of conference schedule" it might surprise you how happy some are to be playing certain schools. They seem to be more happy to play the schools that they are critical than the SWAC schools....

Last edited:

Support?????

Rickey has 3 kids who he is SUPPORTING at Alabama State University and one at Tennessee State. However, it bothers you that he wears another university's gear and cheers for that team...Supporting and cheering is different.....

it aint that different and he is doing both.....

Rickey has 3 kids who he is SUPPORTING at Alabama State University and one at Tennessee State. However, it bothers you that he wears another university's gear and cheers for that team...Supporting and cheering is different.....

And there is the issue... most HBCU folks can't tell the difference because they don't $UPPORT their own schools in the first place.

Is Smiley's kid any good?

We don’t know. Can’t find any film footage of him playing. He’s not on a basketball scholarship but a walk on. Coach Jackson has signed 7 JUCO players for the upcoming season. Smiley would be the only freshman added.

We don’t know. Can’t find any film footage of him playing. He’s not on a basketball scholarship but a walk on. Coach Jackson has signed 7 JUCO players for the upcoming season. Smiley would be the only freshman added.
Did he recently sign another Juco player? I only got 6

But you get giddy to play those schools and brag about transfers from those schools...

Actually, Im on record MANY TIMES saying that all FCS vs FBS games should be banned. Do a search if you so bothered.
Also, yes I will take their transfers but JSU has not typically been in that business ever. In that regard, they should all be playing for us, not them. So of course I am glad when ANY of us take them.

Actually, Im on record MANY TIMES saying that all FCS vs FBS games should be banned. Do a search if you so bothered.
Also, yes I will take their transfers but JSU has not typically been in that business ever. In that regard, they should all be playing for us, not them. So of course I am glad when ANY of us take them.

The games will not be banned and the students and parents will continue to make the best decisions for their future. Whether its Alabama, GEORGIA TECH, Auburn, Ohio State, Southern Miss., LSU etc...Cause you do know that there are people on this site who attended those same schools that they are critical....is that called SUPPORT..

Man please.

He’s yelled out “roll tide” more times on his radio show than “go asu”

These Bama folks are something else with how they support them white schools. When they speak of those schools, they tend to say "we".
Thought Mississippi was bad, but these Black supporters of white schools in Bama are another breed.

You are grossly underestimating the power of ricky smiley's platform when it comes to his radio show. I live in DFW and when his show aired here, it was a constant stream of free publicly for Alabama. My thing is: if you are out here singing bama's fight song, pumping up the Tide, making that racist ass school "cool", then atleast be getting paid for it. imagine the positive effect it would have on an HBCU being constantly publicized on a national radio show.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back