Ricky Smiley’s son hooping for bama state

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are grossly underestimating the power of ricky smiley's platform when it comes to his radio show. I live in DFW and when his show aired here, it was a constant stream of free publicly for Alabama. My thing is: if you are out here singing bama's fight song, pumping up the Tide, making that racist ass school "cool", then atleast be getting paid for it. imagine the positive effect it would have on an HBCU being constantly publicized on a national radio show.

Good point! I have no problem if he wears BAMA State, Bama or Skegee gear. My problem is people dictating what you can and cannot wear...

You are grossly underestimating the power of ricky smiley's platform when it comes to his radio show. I live in DFW and when his show aired here, it was a constant stream of free publicly for Alabama. My thing is: if you are out here singing bama's fight song, pumping up the Tide, making that racist ass school "cool", then atleast be getting paid for it. imagine the positive effect it would have on an HBCU being constantly publicized on a national radio show.

thank you dude
this is what ive been trying to explain to these folks

Man please.

He’s yelled out “roll tide” more times on his radio show than “go asu”

Prerogative
In law, a prerogative is an exclusive right given from a government or state and invested in an individual or group, the content of which is separate from the body of rights enjoyed under the general law of the normative state. It was a common facet of feudal law.

We don’t know. Can’t find any film footage of him playing. He’s not on a basketball scholarship but a walk on. Coach Jackson has signed 7 JUCO players for the upcoming season. Smiley would be the only freshman added.
I only count 6 but figured he needed 1 more big. Lew has indicated that he is pretty much done with freshman. guys don't want to compete and think they should walk in the doors at bama state b/c it's swac and start. they don't understand that you've got to compe compete and earn it even in the swac.

I only count 6 but figured he needed 1 more big. Lew has indicated that he is pretty much done with freshman. guys don't want to compete and think they should walk in the doors at bama state b/c it's swac and start. they don't understand that you've got to compe compete and earn it even in the swac.

I hope Lewis’ new recruiting strategy works out. I believe PV showed this past season you can win the conference with mostly JUCOs and transfers. They were able to play as a unit, which was impressive.

I hope Lewis’ new recruiting strategy works out. I believe PV showed this past season you can win the conference with mostly JUCOs and transfers. They were able to play as a unit, which was impressive.
they lost some good guys but losing **** may be addition by subtraction. heath was a well-regarded high school player. Maybe the highest ranked recruit since Jamarr Sanders?

Reactions: J C
The games will not be banned and the students and parents will continue to make the best decisions for their future. Whether its Alabama, GEORGIA TECH, Auburn, Ohio State, Southern Miss., LSU etc...Cause you do know that there are people on this site who attended those same schools that they are critical....is that called SUPPORT..

I can't control what happens. I'm just responding to your assertation that I was happy to see us play them folks. I couldn't care less. you might get happy to serve massa. i dont.

Hell the way all my teams been losing the Hawks, the Falcons, the Braves, AAMU I'm going to have to find someone winning to support. SMH

I was listening to the HBCU Gameday podcast about a month or so ago and they were also discussing HBCU alums rooting for PWIs. Basically if you want root for one cool but make sure you keep that same energy towards your HBCU. Wear the gear for the HBCU as much as you do for the PWI. Follow them on tv and social media as much as you do the PWI. Talk about them as much as you do the PWI. And most importantly encourage kids to attend them as you would the PWI. Matter fact, if you put as much energy financially to your HBCU that your PWI. Then maybe the HBCU could get to just as high of a national level as the PWI.

Just my 2 cents.

Last edited:
I was listening to the HBCU Gameday podcast about a month or ago and they were also discussing HBCU alums rooting for PWIs. Basically if you want root for one cool but make sure you keep that same energy towards your HBCU. Wear the gear for the HBCU as much as you do for the PWI. Talk about it as much you do for the PWI. Follow them on tv and social media as much as you do the PWI. Talk about them as much as you do the PWI. And most importantly encourage kids to them as you would the PWI. Matter fact, if you put as much energy financially to your HBCU that your PWI. Then maybe the HBCU could get to just as high of a national level as the PWI.

Just my 2 cents.

Let the church say AMEN!!!!!!!!!

The people of BAMA remain lost

you see its the native Alabamians lol

I remember one time as a student on campus, a dude was wearing some Roll Tide pajamas and was in line to go in the caf for breakfast. One of the workers told him next time dont wear them sh!ts in here lol

I remember one time as a student on campus, a dude was wearing some Roll Tide pajamas and was in line to go in the caf for breakfast. One of the workers told him next time dont wear them sh!ts in here lol

I salute that worker. Why would you wear someone else's gear on your campus. That's just disrespectful. It could have been he was wearing Alabama A&M pajamas, I think that is still disrespectful. Of course you have the right to wear what you want, but......

Nobody is trying to dictate what people wear. It's just weird. That's all. Wear all the Roley Tidey wear you want.

However, you paid money to attend Georgia Tech. Isn't that called support. "Throwing a rock and hiding your hand..... So you can wear all the Ramblin Teching wear that you want!

Oh. Ok. But, aren't you associated with in some way or the other with Georgia Tech? Or, do I have you confused with someone else?? If I am confusing you with someone else, then my most humble apologies.
He attended Georgia Tech as a grad student. That's totally different and totally understandable.
Most Black Bama fans have never set foot on the campus of Bama or Auburn as students, yet they still proudly wear their school gear as if they did attend those schools.

I was listening to the HBCU Gameday podcast about a month or so ago and they were also discussing HBCU alums rooting for PWIs. Basically if you want root for one cool but make sure you keep that same energy towards your HBCU. Wear the gear for the HBCU as much as you do for the PWI. Follow them on tv and social media as much as you do the PWI. Talk about them as much as you do the PWI. And most importantly encourage kids to attend them as you would the PWI. Matter fact, if you put as much energy financially to your HBCU that your PWI. Then maybe the HBCU could get to just as high of a national level as the PWI.

Just my 2 cents.

Folks, WE HAVE OUR WINNERS!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back