Prayers for the FAMU/Marching 100

When I think mob..i think a group of people looking to destroy things or hurt someone that isn't looking for that type of trouble or issues. When I think hazing I think a person participating in activities with the hope of making something at the end.. I didnt read anything about someone mobbing someone..I read about a hazing incident.

Hazing is a mob. They KILLED a boy...damn man. Stop down playing this shit.

What the heck is going on here at these universities, man? A kid at NIU was murdered at a party, boys are being raped at Penn State and now FAMU band members are hazing each other to death. Sad.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Why not...no one is talking...make them talk. So if this was YOUR child what would you do? That's the problem with our society....no empathy.

Empathy? So..the incident happens on one bus and the kid on another bus who wasn't there or witnessed the incident should be charged? What could they possibly talk about? Anyone who wasnt on that bus where the incident occured is getting second hand information just like the posters on these boards and blog. If it was my child the people who were at the scene (BUS) would be the ones I need to hear from because any story of what happened that got around obviously came from the ones who witnessed it. And people are obviously talking....it was talked about right after it happened on social media sites..and now its being investigated.

Hazing is a mob. They KILLED a boy...damn man. Stop down playing this shit.

Who is down playing anything? Hazing can be avoided, by not participating. That is not the same as a MOB of people trying to harm someone that has no out in the situation. Neither is right...someone died and yes was killed. Not downplaying it..but its def not the same.

Last edited:
8 to 5 it is the same because a mob utilizes it strength of numbers to manipulate a situation.....but hey carry on....

I read somewhere (maybe on TSPN) that another drum major did the same "ritual" right before Robert Champion (walked from front of bus to the back and got hit) but he is "alright" :noidea:

8 to 5 it is the same because a mob utilizes it strength of numbers to manipulate a situation.....but hey carry on....

What did they manipulate!??! That MAN was 26 years old. He was not a wet-behind the ears freshman. Yes, it is unfortunate that he is dead...nobody wanted this, however...he was very capable of making the decision to NOT be involved in this type of illegal activity.

I'm not condoning what took place...at the end of the day everyone involved knows what the consequences and possible outcome could be (including death) however, let's not make it seem like it was intentional and they wanted the man to die.

He was already DM...he was already picked to be head DM next year...even though he didn't know according to Dr. White...so really, there was no need for him to cross Bus C. He made a bad decision along with everyone else involved.

Oh yeah...that's just dumb. Y'all must have came up with a good lie when you went to doctor/hospital to cover what happened if he wasn't suspended/kicked out of school or at least investigated. :noidea:
Being that I was a freshman and wanted to be "accepted" I let it go. I don't even remember what I told Doc when he asked what happened.
Prayers definitely out to the family of the young man. FAMU is going to pay dearly for this!

Yeah it is bull shyt because folks like you up hold that shyt. Yall ninjas wanna be tough, that is why yall frat boys up hold that shyt. Frat give yall some heart.
I ain't upholding hazing but half of what you talkin is some bullschitt.

Bullshyt. Doing stupid shyt when hazing is just like being jumped to become a crip or blood. What is the difference huh? Oh, one is in college so it makes it better huh?
When I think mob..i think a group of people looking to destroy things or hurt someone that isn't looking for that type of trouble or issues. When I think hazing I think a person participating in activities with the hope of making something at the end.. I didnt read anything about someone mobbing someone..I read about a hazing incident.

And we wonder why stuff like this happens because of ignorant adults. Smh at some of these comments. Someone died and shouldn't have. No one sends their child to college to bury them.

Bullshyt. Doing stupid shyt when hazing is just like being jumped to become a crip or blood. What is the difference huh? Oh, one is in college so it makes it better huh?

Who said there was a difference between gang initiation and hazing? And who said one was better? But there is a difference between being jumped to become a crip or blood vs. being jumped just to get jumped. Just like there is a difference between allowing yourself to be hazed to be apart of something vs. a group of people running up on you in the streets and beating you up. I'm not condoning none of this.

No one should be putting their hands on anyone. Period...point blank. They killed him, they should suffer the consequences. Hazing is illegal, and he was killed as result of participating in illegal activity(suffered consequences for his actions). Just because he participated in the activity, does not mean that we should excuse the jokahs that killed him.

Last edited:
What did they manipulate!??! That MAN was 26 years old. He was not a wet-behind the ears freshman. Yes, it is unfortunate that he is dead...nobody wanted this, however...he was very capable of making the decision to NOT be involved in this type of illegal activity.

I'm not condoning what took place...at the end of the day everyone involved knows what the consequences and possible outcome could be (including death) however, let's not make it seem like it was intentional and they wanted the man to die.

He was already DM...he was already picked to be head DM next year...even though he didn't know according to Dr. White...so really, there was no need for him to cross Bus C. He made a bad decision along with everyone else involved.

Southsuburbs the theory of maturity comes with age is a fallacy. Also in some bands the drum major is not necessarily a leader but is something people try out for and is just for show....

No one should be putting their hands on anyone. Period...point blank. They killed him, they should suffer the consequences. Hazing is illegal, and he was killed as result of participating in illegal activity(suffered consequences for his actions). Just because he participated in the activity, does not mean that you should excuse the jokahs that killed him.

I agree.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Prayers are up to the family of the victim and everyone else involved. Sad situation all around, nobody wins....

southsuburbs, he may have been a 26yr old man and capable of making the decision to NOT be involved in that type of illegal activity, but the mob of hazers who beat him were equally capable of choosing NOT to perform the illegal activity of beating that man to death. And as for it being unintentional, what does a crowd of folks intend to happen to a person after they are beaten to the point of becoming unconscious and not being able to breathe? If they didn't want him to die, they did a terrible job in relaying that message.

You're correct in saying that everyone made some bad choices. But you cannot allow the stupid stuff others have done allow you to do stupid stuff. If those hazers saw that this man was stupid/crazy/dumb enough to do something that could ultimately kill him, they should have been smart enough to avoid inflicting death upon him and risking jail on themselves.

Last edited:
Well at least charge the entire Bus C because it was their hands that hazed him and ultimately killed him.

i don't know about that either because just because you ride Bus C doesn't mean that you actively take or took part in the hazing of others, including that drum major. Just because someone went through hazing to ride that bus doesn't mean that they take part in the hazing of others who want to ride that bus.

I know one thing though, Bryant Gumble and the people over at Real Sports are probably gonna do a follow up story to the original story they did about hazing that goes on in ?H?BCU marching bands. They're gonna focus on what happened at FAMU, etc. This story's gonna get worse before it gets better. like I siad earlier, this whole thing is ****ed up. Ain't no way the band director didn't know what was going on on Bus C. CNN got a story about it on their webpage. This is terrible.

BH is going to say this....

Some of you seem like you do condone this because you went through it in your "processing" when you were in college. Who in the hell are you fraternities and sororities trying to be? You not the Bloods, Gangster Disciples, etc. What is the need to beat someone to join your organization when in reality, the only people who really care about the Divine 9 are....the Divine 9. When Martin Luther King, Jr.'s Memorial was unveiled, some people were HELL BENT on making it about Alpha Phi Alpha. I mean HELL BENT. And now that this young man has lost his life, even now, some of you are secretly playing "both" sides of the issue. THIS YOUNG MAN IS DEAD.

Fraternities and Sororities won't be able to hide what they do for very much longer. Former members are speaking out and it is only a matter of time before one completely obliterates the shield of secrecy Greek Life has so long upheld. You never know, the police have "various" methods of uncovering hidden truths.

...and then what pissed me the hell off in college is that when someone didn't want to do something the so-called fraternities and sororities required and they dropped from line, they would make life A LIVING HELL for that kid on campus who didn't want to perform the action and said the hell with this mess.

One time, I told a guy at Alcorn to go set fire to one of those trees on the campus green and see what they do then. They want to be gangsters, show them the gangster way.

Who knew this guy was actually telling the truth....

[video=youtube;27GQ_ZRv8ME]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27GQ_ZRv8ME[/video]

BH is going to say this....

Some of you seem like you do condone this because you went through it in your "processing" when you were in college. Who in the hell are you fraternities and sororities trying to be? You not the Bloods, Gangster Disciples, etc. What is the need to beat someone to join your organization when in reality, the only people who really care about the Divine 9 are....the Divine 9. When Martin Luther King, Jr.'s Memorial was unveiled, some people were HELL BENT on making it about Alpha Phi Alpha. I mean HELL BENT. And now that this young man has lost his life, even now, some of you are secretly playing "both" sides of the issue. THIS YOUNG MAN IS DEAD.

Fraternities and Sororities won't be able to hide what they do for very much longer. Former members are speaking out and it is only a matter of time before one completely obliterates the shield of secrecy Greek Life has so long upheld. You never know, the police have "various" methods of uncovering hidden truths.

What you fail to realize is that everyone has a CHOICE. If you do not want to be hazed then don't participate. It is that simple. He knew what he was signing up for. Some people do not mature as they grow but it does not take maturity to know THIS IS WRONG. You signed a paper (and had it notarized) that you would not do this activity. Is it tragic he is dead? DEFINITELY. But some of these statements in this thread are propostorous. As far as hazing goes, I do not condone any physical activity where you put your hands on someone else's child. If my son decides to pledge and does some dumb shit it is his fault. I'm sorry, I can't just ignore the fact that he knows right from wrong and left from right. The victim is not completely innocent because he CHOSE to participate and do this dumb shit...

Back