Prayers for the FAMU/Marching 100

Antroy

Deputies: FAMU student found unresponsive on bus
The 27-year-old man was later pronounced dead at the hospital.

By Arelis R. Hernández, Orlando Sentinel

12:03 p.m. EST, November 20, 2011

Orange County Sheriff's deputies said a Florida Agricultural and Mechanical University student who was found dead aboard a bus outside an Orlando hotel was feeling ill before he went unconscious.

Robert Champion, 26, was on the bus with the FAMU marching band in front of the Rosen Plaza hotel on International Drive Saturday when he started throwing up and complained that he couldn't breathe, according to Orange County Sheriff's Office spokeswoman Ginette Rodriguez.

Friends called 911 and performed CPR, she said.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...rsity-student-on-bus-20111120,0,5347347.story
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This not how the season should end for HBCU bands. We might be in different conference but the HBCU band world ties us all together and makes us a family. Condolences go out to the family of Mr. Champion, FAMU, and the Marching 100 as well.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Saw it on the news and read about it on the AJC last night. So sorry to hear. Prayers up to his family, friends and FAMU famly.

The Marching 100 has been suspended indefinitely and will be investigated both by police and an independent task force.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

Uh Oh!!! That does not sound good! Prayers up for the Champion Family, the FAMU family, and all of those affected by this terrible situation.

The Marching 100 has been suspended indefinitely and will be investigated both by police and an independent task force.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

Prayers to the man's family...

Amen. Damn FAMU right now, those are the ones that beat the dude and trying to cover up stuff. Co-workers daughter is in FAMU's band, graduate with the dude that died and what i'm hearing, dude was getting beat on the bus. smh

Amen. Damn FAMU right now, those are the ones that beat the dude and trying to cover up stuff. Co-workers daughter is in FAMU's band, graduate with the dude that died and what i'm hearing, dude was getting beat on the bus. smh

My daughter & I were talking about this Sunday; she said it was all over Twitter & Facebook; it was indicated on both that the child died from hazing.:no:

Prayers go out to family; may God bring peace & justice to his family.:angel2:

Last edited:

I hope this is not true. :smh:

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
I see my source knew what they were talking about. Sad and FAMU is about to pay dearly, heads will roll and people will go to jail. They don't play in Florida.

They need to give all of them the death penalty. Fair is fair. You killed him, now they need to be put in the chair and fried. They really need to end all these organizations. They are nothing but gangs and have gang mentalities now.

Not to downplay this all but I am seriously trying to figure out how a 26 year old drum major was STILL getting hazed.

This is absolutely ridiculous. This was not what I was expecting to hear.

They need to give all of them the death penalty. Fair is fair. You killed him, now they need to be put in the chair and fried. They really need to end all these organizations. They are nothing but gangs and have gang mentalities now.

Cee.. shut up! sheesh!

I wonder if the parens will sue the university for negligence? :confused: :read:

Hell yeah, the parents are p-ssed at FAMU, they didn't even go to the vigil. My co worker is friends with the deceased parents, were band parents together at Southwest Dekalb and she already said FAMU has messed up big time with the parents with the lies.

Last edited:
Hell yeah, the parents are p-ssed at FAMU, they didn't even go to the vigil. My co worker is friends with the deceased parents, were band parents together at Southwest Dekalb and she already said FAMU has messed up big time with the parents with the lies.

Good for the parents. Hope they win it. :tup:

It is fools who condone this mess. The problem is those nerds get into bands and fraternities and ledge, then become something they have never been. It makes most of them feel like men, when they have been getting their punk azzes handed to them all their lives.

It is fools who condone this mess. The problem is those nerds get into bands and fraternities and ledge, then become something they have never been. It makes most of them feel like men, when they have been getting their punk azzes handed to them all their lives.

somewhat true. blacks haze worst than any other race.

Back