Prayers for the FAMU/Marching 100

Hell yeah, the parents are p-ssed at FAMU, they didn't even go to the vigil. My co worker is friends with the deceased parents, were band parents together at Southwest Dekalb and she already said FAMU has messed up big time with the parents with the lies.

How did FAMU mess up? That's on the Marching 100 and the individuals who hazed this man(not everybody in the band participates in these illegal activities)...in Florida, anyone who is hazed is deemed just as responsible as the person who hazed them...at FAMU, they send EVERY student who is joining any on campus organization to a MANDATORY anti-hazing workshop...they give each student a packet of rules and regulations and go over every action that is considered to be hazing. Every student knows the consequences of their actions.

I agree with everybody that physical hazing is terrible and should be done away with...and IMO, I wouldn't be surprised to see the Marching 100 under new leadership in the near future...again that's just my opinion.

If hazing truly led to his death, this could be a death blow to the Marching 100. They could end up being disbanded for a very long time, if not permanently.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
How a DRUM MAJOR (a figurehead and a leader among his peers) decides to subject himself to such silliness is beyond me. May he R.I.P.

As for the band itself, it's unfortunate that the actions of a few will affect everybody. But I hope that the punishment is swift and just. May they get what they deserve, and may it send a message across the nation that this sick shyt is unnecessary! What will it take before we finally get it? Cause deaths, lawsuits, expulsions, and prison sentences don't seem to work with these GROWN MEN AND WOMEN.

that situation is bad all the way around. what's really puzzeling to me is that he was 26, a drum major, and was getting hazed. how is it that you're a drum major and still getting hazed like you're a crab? and he was 26 at that. damn. just damn.

How do you haze a 26 year old man? How do you haze a Drum Major? This is a sad situation please help me understand?

He must have submitted to this hazing. He was a leader and should have been stopping any hazing. You've got to let yourself be hazed or you can walk away.

If hazing truly led to his death, this could be a death blow to the Marching 100. They could end up being disbanded for a very long time, if not permanently.

This could turn out to be really bad for FAMU they arent to remove from the Kappa Hazing incident now this young man has passed...they could end up like Morris Brown or without a band program..And we all have been hazed or hazed someone...I understand a process of moving up the ranks in the band but people are taking these waaayyy to far....and again why is a drum major being hazed. I wish a joker would've tried me that makes no sense. But this could've been anyone of our schools band..Band Hazing is almost at every HBCU...

How do you haze a 26 year old man? How do you haze a Drum Major? This is a sad situation please help me understand?

The new breed man. If they have hazed people to become drum major its a stupid azz tradition and killed a person. smh

The new breed man. If they have hazed people to become drum major its a stupid azz tradition and killed a person. smh

I agree.

I blame most of all these old guys or should I say ole heads lying about all of the stuff they went through. The young kids then try and top the lie that they heard. We don't have enough of the successful ole heads telling these young folks the right thing. That's just my 2 cents.

Not to downplay this all but I am seriously trying to figure out how a 26 year old drum major was STILL getting hazed.

This is absolutely ridiculous. This was not what I was expecting to hear.

Only thing I could have come up with on this was he was drum major pledging one of the bands fraternities. That puzzled me too how can a person who have been in the band still be getting hazed. Unless Famu have a tradition that we as outsiders in other band programs don't know about. I can give a example BUS II

My prayers are with this young man and his family.

I agree.

I blame most of all these old guys or should I say ole heads lying about all of the stuff they went through. The young kids then try and top the lie that they heard. We don't have enough of the successful ole heads telling these young folks the right thing. That's just my 2 cents.

A lot of our old heads told us the truth about their experience. In reality, it is on each individual what they subject themselves to. Is physical hazing at his point worthless? In my opinion yes. The risks are not justifiable anymore. There is too much heat and focus on stopping hazing to try to continue that particular "tradition" especially to the degree that some folks try and take it. It is usually the weakest person that barely made it that wants to be a "BEAST" when the next couple of lines come through. In my opinion there are other ways to motivate people to do what you want. I have NEVER (for any organization that I am a member of) physically hazed anyone's child. However, the crabs did what I needed them to do. Folks have to wake up and realize this crap won't fly anymore...

Only thing I could have come up with on this was he was drum major pledging one of the bands fraternities. That puzzled me too how can a person who have been in the band still be getting hazed. Unless Famu have a tradition that we as outsiders in other band programs don't know about. I can give a example BUS II

Supposedly he dropped his mace during the halftime show so I guess this was "motivation" to not do this again????

From what i got from someone in FAMU's band. He was hazed to cross the BUS, they have a bus they call bus C which if u choose to ride it, u get hazed severely, u have to try and make it from the front all the way to the back and u are completely helpless. They had to get extreme because dude wasn't a little dude. Heard some of them were personal with it also due to his sexuality.

Last edited:

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
They will all go to jail and that is where they belong. Wanna be a thug, go to a place where thugs are.

That also gets a big WTF. i mean i was 17-18 when i went through that phase. But dude was 26! A grown ass man subjecting himself to that type of foolishnish really speaks volums about the type of disfunction our young people are dealing with. And he was in a position of leadership. The only thing that we can do is pray for that young man's family and that band program because i got a feeling that FAMU's marching band is about to get drug through the mud.

From what i got from someone in FAMU's band. He was hazed to cross the BUS, they have a bus they call bus C which if u choose to ride it, u get hazed severely, u have to try and make it from the front all the way to the back and u are completely helpless. They had to get extreme because dude wasn't a little dude. Heard some of them were personal with it also due to his sexuality.

if that's the case then those band directors can kiss their jobs goodbye cause ain't no way that they can deny knowing about "bus C". Excuse my language here but i'mma call it what it is. That shit's ****ed up. To the 3rd degree. Ain't no way that the truth, that is if what you said is indeed correct, isn't going to be exposed. Then school administrators are going to ask the band directors if they had any knowledge of what took place on "bus c" and why didn't they take any steps to correct it. The scrunity is most definitly going to be a major blow to that program.

This hazing crap has to stop! My shoulder was dislocated during my freshman year at Grambling that caused me to miss the trip to NY against Howard. He was some fat bastard from Monroe, can't remember his name.
I too do not understand why a drum major was still subject to this?!

Yeah, this is sad all the way around, but one thing that I will add is this. I know that there is a community college the "feeds" into FAMU or, that allows its students to march in the 100 (that is why they have such big numbers). That is why some of the students are older after having spent a year, two or three in community college prior to getting into the band. Also, I know of another DM @ FAMU who toured with "Drumline Live" prior to going to FAMU; that could be another reason that we see students with ages like 24 and 26.

This hazing crap has to stop! My shoulder was dislocated during my freshman year at Grambling that caused me to miss the trip to NY against Howard. He was some fat bastard from Monroe, can't remember his name.

What he do to you to cause your shoulder to be dislocated? What instrument did you play?

Back