Prairie View A&M Panthers 2018 Football Schedule

Take out Texas Southern, Southern, & homecoming and y’all don’t draw either. No other reason to wait to the middle of October for your first home game.

Last I checked, TSU nor SU came to the Hill this season and PV still averaged more home fans than AAMU which was my point. In fact, subtracting SU and PV from your attendance(because we all know who really brings the crowds to BBVA) and PV outdrew TSU as well. I mean a Thursday night game after a hurricane outdrew your homecoming. In other words, TSU should really keep quiet when talking about attendance.

PV could lose one of the last three games.

We know which one that it wont be ;)

PV don’t draw flies. Y’all have a new stadium and a pretty good football team and still don’t draw other than the games I mentioned. If so, y’all wouldn’t have to try to fill the visitors side with high school band members.

It’s about time y’all get some return on your investment. Third place in the SWAC West the last two years.

Last edited:

PV don’t draw flies. Y’all have a new stadium and a pretty good football team and still don’t draw other than the games I mentioned. If so, y’all wouldn’t have to try to fill the visitors side with high school band members.

And still a bigger draw than TSU. Y'all are always inserting yourselves in PV's business. How about you just work on getting your own people to your games.

Also PV didn't have to "try" to do anything. It was high school band day for that one game. When you have a great marching band, you're able to attract more than 1,200 high school band students and their parents. You all probably wouldn't understand that; considering. Glad you're watching though

It’s band day reason
And still a bigger draw than TSU. Y'all are always inserting yourselves in PV's business. How about you just work on getting your own people to your games.

Also PV didn't have to "try" to do anything. It was high school band day for that one game. When you have a great marching band, you're able to attract more than 1,200 high school band students and their parents. You all probably wouldn't understand that; considering. Glad you're watching though

I only commented because you act like PV draw well and they don’t. Alcorn came down here in first place in the east and y’all damn near had more high school band kids in the stadium than your fans.

If your band was as great as you claim you wouldn’t need a band day to mask that empty new stadium of yours.

Best schedule In the Swac

Nobody in their right mind would play that schedule. PV has a good chance of being 1-6 when they play Alcorn for homecoming. You think Alcorn is not going to circle their calendar when they find out they been scheduled for PV’s homecoming. PV could finish 2-8 next year. I can see Bama St. or Texas Southern slipping past PV at the end of the season. With PV having a disappointing season and nothing to play for, State or Texas Southern having a competitive season and the future looking brighter, I can see one of them getting past PV.

Last edited:
I hate it .... so I guess the Labor Day Classic is dead. Also TSU and PV homecoming is on the same weekend which sucks for students .... when I was at TSU we sorta had two homecoming, we would go to PV homecoming.

Bad move PV. And no home game until October ... just awkward

Last edited:
Nobody in their right mind would play that schedule. PV has a good chance of being 1-6 when they play Alcorn for homecoming. You think Alcorn is not going to circle their calendar when they find out they been scheduled for PV’s homecoming. PV could finish 2-8 next year. I can see Bama St. or Texas Southern slipping past PV at the end of the season. With PV having a disappointing season and nothing to play for, State or Texas Southern having a competitive season and the future looking brighter, I can see one of them getting past PV.

Texas Southern and competitive shouldn’t be in the same sentence. Slow your roll and worry about sTu.

That schedule is a ********. PV could lose one of the last three games.

We know which one we're not gonna lose....

It’s about time y’all get some return on your investment. Third place in the SWAC West the last two years.

We've host High School Band Day for the last 2 decades, nothing is new there and has nothing to do with the stadium as we did that in Old Blackshear. As long as you've worked games on our campus you know this,

I hate it .... so I guess the Labor Day Classic is dead. Also TSU and PV homecoming is on the same weekend which sucks for students .... when I was at TSU we sorta had two homecoming, we would go to PV homecoming.

Bad move PV. And no home game until October ... just awkward

We'll see next year when it's stu's time to host this game. In been been moved 3 times in the past and the 4th for the 2018 season. All of those times was base on 2 factors. Hurricanes and the Swac/Meac Challenge. I don't like it being moved either as those that assisted in making these decisions (Frazier/Simmons) always seems to leave before the season even is played.

They still do come to PV for homecoming and will do it this year again.

Having no home game till October is based on them flip-flopping our games with Alabama St & UAPB. We should be hosting Alabama St in Sept and going to UAPB in Nov like we've done in past years but some how these games got switched.

PV is a-okay. I like our schedule, considering. I like the coaching staff we've assembled. The pieces for success are in place so we'll see what's what shortly. I view rice/unlv as the same type opponent as I would view an shsu. They are just an opponent who may or may not have recruited better than us and/or may or may not have schemed better than us. That's why they are going to hold these "Ls."

Take out Texas Southern, Southern, & homecoming and y’all don’t draw either. No other reason to wait to the middle of October for your first home game.
You sure worried about PV I see.. Does ur degree say tsu or PV? And why would we take out those games when it’s on our schedule... worry about ur school and finishing BEHIND PV again this year...

Not hard to beat a scholarship-less team. Post the record since scholarships returned in ‘04

The sad part about it is that even with no scholarships, PV was clearly still the standard that TSU measured themselves by. We lead, they follow. It has always been and it will always be that way. They are in the middle of talent-rich houston but didn't win not one championship when we stopped funding our program. Why? Because they didn't care about winning championships. They were/are only content with beating PV. They didn't even bother with bettering themselves until we reinstated scholarships but by then, it was too late. Since leveling the playing field, they've only beaten us 3 times in 14 tries. And even that was by a combined 8 points total.

Last edited:
The sad part about it is that even with no scholarships, PV was clearly still the standard that TSU measured themselves by. We lead, they follow. It has always been and it will always be that way. They are in the middle of talent-rich houston but didn't win not one championship when we stopped funding our program. Why? Because they didn't care about winning championships. They were/are only content with beating PV. They didn't even bother with bettering themselves until we reinstated scholarships but by then, it was too late. Since leveling the playing field, they've only beaten us 3 times in 14 tries. And even that was by a combined 8 points total.
Sounds like world beaters to me. How many championships has pv won since 04? If you didn't win you lost, just like your city cousin that you're jealous of. PV has never been a measuring stick. PV was our one guaranteed win that's why I looked forward to the game. I believe TSU should end the football program and put the money into other sports if they continue to loose to the likes of pv.

Last edited:
Sounds like world beaters to me. How many championships has pv won since 04? If you didn't win you lost, just like your city cousin that you're jealous of. PV has never been a measuring stick. PV was our one guaranteed win that's why I looked forward to the game. I believe TSU should end the football program and put the money into other sports if they continue to loose to the likes of pv.

You're smoking some strong shat if you believe Tsu has anything that any Panther would be jealous of. Come on now. Your own alumni and students don't even believe that,LOL

HOF post.

That's what I thought, Remember you are just pv. PV will have to win for decades just to pull even with your loss record to TSU in the LDC. So go sit your axe down.

You aint thought nothing....like I said, when required, you will be checked too...You hopped ur arse on a PV thread...tsu wont be beating pv for decades so go play in the third coast tiger den with the rest of the losers....until you finish ahead of PV in football, don't say shat.....

Last edited:
Back