Prairie View A&M Panthers 2018 Football Schedule

Fiyah

Administrator
Staff member
Probably the most well rounded schedule in the conference with 2 FBS schools and 2 top FCS schools for OOC games.

8/25/18 - Rice University (Houston, TX) 6:00pm CT
9/2/18 - North Carolina Central (Atlanta, GA - MEAC/SWAC Challenge) Turner Stadium 11:00am CT
9/8/18 - Sam Houston State (Huntsville, TX) 6:00pm CT
9/15/18 - UNLV (Las Vegas, NV) TBA
9/22/18 - Arkansas-Pine Bluff (Pine Bluff, AR) 6:00pm CT
9/29/18 - Grambling State (Dallas, TX - State Fair Classic) 4:00pm CT
10/6/18 - OPEN
10/13/18 - Southern University (PV) 5:00pm CT
10/20/18 - Open
10/27/18 - Alcorn State (PV - Homecoming) 2:00pm CT
11/3/18 - Jackson State (Jackson, MS) 2:00pm CT
11/10/18 - OPEN
11/17/18 - Alabama State (PV ) 1:00pm CT
11/24/18 - Texas Southern (PV) 1:00pm CT

Last edited:

Tough “first half” of a schedule for a first year coach. The Panthers do have an impressive signing class though. That WR from BR that Dooley is going to be something special for HBCU football. Good luck Dooley.

Last edited:
We are alright. Folks must earn their salary. All of us are employed and investors/owners seeking to constantly improve, not regress and lose.

PVAMU will learn a lot about itself like we learned last fall going 1-2 OOC vs slc teams where 2 losses were blowouts by 2 future fcs playoff participants and a sole victory over the slc cellar dweller. Even the victory over that d-2 school for HC’ing was a barely, imho. We cannot afford to constantly uphold the excuse making and strive for competitive better & return to dominance. There are far too many talented individuals like Mr Goodwater/Wallace who are academically and athletically gifted w/in PV’s 4/5 hr drive.

Last edited:
Not a fan of this type of schedule. We played this type of schedule under J Cole. Cost us a season.Lost our top 3 def. players & 2 of our top off. Players for the year. One never played football again.

They have games that they can win. However the schedule that they have can easily make or break them. I have them beating Jackson St., Alabama St., Texas Southern, and UAPB. The games against Alcorn, Southern, Grambling, and NCCU are going to be 50/50. I don't see them beating Rice, UNLV, or Sam Houston but they won't be blowouts.

Not a fan of this type of schedule. We played this type of schedule under J Cole. Cost us a season.Lost our top 3 def. players & 2 of our top off. Players for the year. One never played football again.

Who did yall play? These aren't P5 world beaters we're playing.

They have games that they can win. However the schedule that they have can easily make or break them. I have them beating Jackson St., Alabama St., Texas Southern, and UAPB. The games against Alcorn, Southern, Grambling, and NCCU are going to be 50/50. I don't see them beating Rice, UNLV, or Sam Houston but they won't be blowouts.

So you have us losing to both Southern AND Alcorn at home? Both off BYE weeks.

PV will be a-okay.

Y’all not fathoming that true panther will do spirit.

Rutgers and North Texas.

I think the non P5 play harder against us. They are really trying to prove a point.

Yep. This is true and I agree w/ you Herb. They will go that extra mile to inflict their negative will, however possible, if possible. But if we're up to task, they will roll over, like I saw G5 member new mexico state university rolling over as we began to exert our will w/ the right leader under center. I expect 6'4" 235lb 4.5 40 running and canon of an arm under center for us this fall being protected by an OL w/ a chip on its shoulder.

No home games til mid October??

May as well sell that stadium back to the Texas A&M system regents!!

Do you know how much we're making on the D-I fbs games? How much shsu is paying us? And, how much we're receiving for the MEAC/SWAC challenge?

We'll make our payments in month zero, on time. lol

Yep. This is true and I agree w/ you Herb. They will go that extra mile to inflict their negative will, however possible, if possible. But if we're up to task, they will roll over, like I saw G5 member new mexico state university rolling over as we began to exert our will w/ the right leader under center. I expect 6'4" 235lb 4.5 40 running and canon of an arm under center for us this fall being protected by an OL w/ a chip on its shoulder.
I hope it happens. The conference really needs some success in out of conference games.

So you have us losing to both Southern AND Alcorn at home? Both off BYE weeks.
I didn't say that. I said that they can go either way.

NCCU - Has the defense to contain Prairie View. MEAC offenses are boring but efficient. If yall can show an improvement on defense I think yall can win this game.

Grambling - Has a mind game on Prairie View. I guess we will find out this year if Dooley was a large part of Grambling success or not. Grambling defense might still be as strong as last year but I don't see their offense being as dangerous unless they can find another QB of Kincade caliber. If the QB that played against us in the 2nd Half of the championship game is their starter this year, I definitely like yall chances.

Southern - Loses their good QB Howard. If Southern don't know how to do anything else they know how to find good QBs and Wrs. Even though yall have them at home. Yall are breaking in a new staff.

Alcorn - Have the talent to beat Prairie View. Who they pick as OC and DC will be a big key. Replacing Footman will be a key. Which Alcorn team will Prairie View face will be a deciding factor.

Back