OFFICIAL: NBA Playoffs Thread

You do know that the NBA will side with their officials right?

You do know there are many sources in the media that stated that the call was a charge and shouldn't have been change.

Why would the NBA admit to a bonk call? Lol. Come on bro.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Yes both feet have to be on the ground but BOTH to have be established in a SET position. You can't be set if you are still moving. He was clearly sliding his right foot.

When a charge is called outside the paint, a defender guarding a PG that's dribbling, that defender is not "set" so why is that charge called then? when clearly the defender guarding the ball is moving his feet?

Fuck all that...

George Hill should have made both free throws

JR Smith should have been paying attention. Once JR got the rebound he should have immediately went back up for a shot and drew the foul.

The Cavs coach should have immediately called a timeout after the first free throw by Hill was made to get the team on the same page.

Piss poor planning leads to piss poor productivity.

All this foul mess...is bullshit.

If the Cavs play like they did this first game.....Cavs in 7.

Fuck all that...

JR Smith should have been paying attention. Once JR got the rebound he should have immediately went back up for a shot and drew the foul.

The Cavs coach should have immediately called a timeout after the first free throw was made to get the team on the same page.

So you wanted him to ice his own FT shooter and then not be left with any timeouts?

Fuck all that...

The Cavs coach should have immediately called a timeout after the first free throw by Hill was made to get the team on the same page.

All this foul mess...is bullshit.

If the Cavs play like they did this first game.....Cavs in 7.

Nah bro, that block/charge changed the game. Cavs get the ball and maybe go up by 4 or 5, who knows.

And he insisted on the Cavs paying both of them to play with him.
Caught up in that friend bullshit. I JUST talked about this last night to a young man. You HAVE to (mentally) prepare yourself to cut your losses and those losers around you if you desire to excel and accel. One cannot successfully reach that objective while attempting to carry dead-loser-assed-weight.

Lol. That's what I stated bro.

You stated that Lebron wasn't "set" which means still moving. The rule, that you posted, doesn't state that a player has to be "set" Lol

Again, going to what I asked you and another poster, how does a defender take a charge outside of the paint guarding a ball-handler when guarding them?? That defender is moving

Even continuing to read the post you posted, it still didn't state that the defender was "set" or "stationary" Lol

It's a tough call, but in my opinion, I thought it was a charge and the reversal of the call made it look suspect.

Lol. That's what I stated bro.

You stated that Lebron wasn't "set" which means still moving. The rule, that you posted, doesn't state that a player has to be "set" Lol

Again, going to what I asked you and another poster, how does a defender take a charge outside of the paint guarding a ball-handler when guarding them?? That defender is moving

Even continuing to read the post you posted, it still didn't state that the defender was "set" or "stationary" Lol

It's a tough call, but in my opinion, I thought it was a charge and the reversal of the call made it look suspect.
I guess you ignore the part where it says both feet being established, right? LeBron clearly didn't make it there in time. It's not that hard to comprehend

Yup. The game was tied with 4.7 seconds and at least the Cavs would have been prepared.

Nah. Players have to be aware of the situation. After the first foul shot, all Smith had to do was look at the scoreboard. Hell, even before he could have done that.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Nah. Players have to be aware of the situation. After the first foul shot, all Smith had to do was look at the scoreboard. Hell, even before he could have done that.

As a coach it is up to you to make SURE players are aware. The assumption cost the Cavs the game.

As a coach it is up to you to make SURE players are aware. The assumption cost the Cavs the game.

As a player on the floor, YOU have to be aware of game situations at all times. Everybody else knew what the deal was except JR. If they were coming out of a timeout, then you could question the coaches for not reminding the players. But not in that particular situation when there is all kinds of time to look at the scoreboard and ask a teammate.

I guess you ignore the part where it says both feet being established, right? LeBron clearly didn't make it there in time. It's not that hard to comprehend

I guess you cut off the part where it states "both feet established outside of the restricted area"

I guess comprehending is hard on your end.

Nothing about saying "set" or being "stationary" to take a charge, that establish part is in regards to being outside of the restricted area circle

Even Jay Williams in the clip I posted stated this fact.

Do better

As I was saying, you get to the spot, you're outside the RA, and you're in legal guarding position, it's a charge all day.

You don't have to be stationary like a statue

2 plays where they called charges/offensive calls and the defender was moving Lol smh.

I bet yall be hollering that stupid stuff at these bitty basketball games too, dayum parents don't know the rules

"he was moving ref" Lol smh sad

I guess you cut off the part where it states "both feet established outside of the restricted area"

Nothing about saying "set" or being "stationary" to take a charge, that establish part is in regards to being outside of the restricted area circle

Do better
You can have a block called outside the restricted area. Seems like you're trying to say you can't have a block unless it's inside the restricted area.

You can have a block called outside the restricted area. Seems like you're trying to say you can't have a block unless it's inside the restricted area.

You absolutely can have a block.

What I am saying, you don't have to be stationary or set to take a charge like most ppl think.

Posters keep saying Lebron leg was moving or his hand flinch, that dude was in legal guarding position, outside the RA, and beat KD to the spot, he can turn to absorb the contact, he can't lean forward which he did not do. That's a charge all day.

Only way that call is a block, is if LB got there late or if he was in the RA, and from different angles LB was waiting on KD

Actually the slot (C) ref should have taken that call to the table instead of the Lead official.

You absolutely can have a block.

What I am saying, you don't have to be stationary or set to take a charge like most ppl think.

Posters keep saying Lebron leg was moving or his hand flinch, that dude was in legal guarding position, outside the RA, and beat KD to the spot, he can turn to absorb the contact, he can't lean forward which he did not do. That's a charge all day.

Only way that call is a block, is if LB got there late or if he was in the RA, and from different angles LB was waiting on KD
I don't think the issue is as much about his legs as it is about his upper body leaning into KD's path.

I don't think the issue is as much about his legs as it is about his upper body leaning into KD's path.

Lol.

Man folks in here saying LB moved his leg, not his upper. His upper body as I stated can move to absorb the contact. It can't lean forward which dude wasn't.

You can lean left, right, back, but not forward. Nobody has to take a charge in the chest Lol.

Where yall getting this from?

Do better
Dude you just proved my point. Even if it was outside the restricted area, both feet weren't established.

Dude you just proved my point. Even if it was outside the restricted area, both feet weren't established.

What?

Breh I posted a clip and there are 2 plays where those dudes that took the charge were not set or in a stationary position. They were so call "moving" more than you claim LB was doing.

Establish being outside of the RA, meaning both feet are out of the RA

You thinking establish, the term, meaning "set" or "stationary" when that phrase isn't indicating that. It's saying both feet have to be outside the RA, "Established outside the RA, which they were.

So how am I proving your point?

Back