NC A&T will leave MEAC for Big South Conference

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nobody in the SWAC holds unbroken 10 to 20 year long NATIONAL D1 NCAA basketball records but Alabama A&M. And we started that within TWO years of joining the SWAC. LMAO!

What national division 1 records in NCAA basketball did AAMU hold 2 years after joining the SWAC?

the MEAC got AAMU on speed dial trying to gauge interest lol

Not to take anything away from the other meac schools but the only pillars left are Famu SC state and Howard and 1 is having issues.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
What national division 1 records in NCAA basketball did AAMU hold 2 years after joining the SWAC?

It was actually 4 years after.. my bad..

We have the following:

All time D1 steals leader - 2002
The 2006 steals leader was a Bulldog
Most blocks in a game - 2008

What's AAMU's record against those schools? SMH @ "competitive"

The first time we played Jacksonville State as a SWAC team in 1999 (one year after joining the SWAC), Jax State got DRAGGED on their home field. We took over their stadium and whooped their narrow asses.

In 2008, after 10 years of SWAC residue, THEY dragged us.

Like I said... the SWAC brought us down. Its not even debatable. LOL

The first time we played Jacksonville State as a SWAC team in 1999 (one year after joining the SWAC), Jax State got DRAGGED on their home field. We took over their stadium and whooped their narrow asses.

Bro yall are 2-21 against Jacksonville State. You beat them in 1986 and 1999. THAT'S IT.

The SWAC brought AAMU down brah? lol Dang.

The SWAC was still fetching its own drinking water until we showed up and showed yall what its like to live like civilized humans!! We are the David Ruffin of this conference. "We made yall asses!" LOLOL

only thing we discovered (we're city folks too but larger so we had running water long time ago) was that Huntsville is alright for being off the beaten path lol

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Hell.. look at how many conference titles Alabama State has won in the last 5 years, and yall piss on them and underappreciate them too! Calling us "the Bammas" like WE dragged the SWAC thru the mud like Ike Turner. GTFOHWTBS

Personally from a competitive point of view. I think the SoCon would of been a better fit.

And the BigSouth will be looking for new members soon.

I do wonder now, what our SWAC and MEAC administrations are talking about behind close doors ....Maybe this will put a fire under our schools

Last edited:
All I see is Gentrification coming. Whenever the white man offers something like joining their conference it’s never in mutual interest he see an opportunity for himself. I get the benefits that A&T may get but it’s only a drop in the bucket compared to Mr. Charlie’s true intentions.

All I see is Gentrification coming. Whenever the white man offers something like joining their conference it’s never in mutual interest he see an opportunity for himself. I get the benefits that A&T may get but it’s only a drop in the bucket compared to Mr. Charlie’s true intentions.

A&T has major construction projects in the works. A lot of those projects are being financed through banks like BB&T. I'm sure the CEO's of those banks lean more toward the Big South than the MEAC. I'm sure A&T sees that and is hoping that they could get a foot in the door of those financial institutions that control a great deal of the economic situation in Mid Atlantic states. It's akin to learning golf in order to hobnob with big money decision makers.

Bro yall are 2-21 against Jacksonville State. You beat them in 1986 and 1999. THAT'S IT.

Well, you are very accurate. We ain't fare to well against Jax State or UNA during that time period but most other teams didn't either. They both must have had at least 4 D2 Championships during that time period. No arguments there.

The SWAC brought them way crackhead down.....LOL

AAMU 21 Years SWAC Resume'
Football Conference Championships: 1-20
Basketball Regular Season Championships 1-20
Basketball Tourney Championships 1-20
Men Outdoors & Indoors T&F Conference Championships 0-42
Men Baseball Conference Championships & Tourney 0-42
Aside from Volleyball, you missed some Bowling, Tennis, & Softball titles too....snicker

My two cents...

When we joined the SWAC, we had a President and AD with the vision and willingness to make it happen. It had been talked about for years. There had been mixed opinions from faculty, staff, and supporters. Yet President Gibson and AD Martin was on one accord and felt it was time. No we were not dominating in all sports but we were doing alright. Some championships here and there. It was cool. What was that we used to hear? "Average & Mediocre" <--- A perfect name cause in the yearly commissioner's standings, we were right in the middle until.....

....Another nameless President took over after infighting and politics (typical of every school and not just HBCUs) put Gibson & Martin out. That new President whose best talents were making Cherry Pies like the ones on the Crisco can (old school) wasn't with it, cut the budget, and set athletics back and the momentum was never the same. If it were not for him and his leadership....but anyways...back to NC A&T, if they feel that is what they got to do, so be it....y'all carry on.....

Last edited:
I wish them the best of luck. My thing is TNST has been in a white conference for over 30 years. Where has it gotten them? They offered us a free ride on a boat and we've seen where that got us...... We've seen where integration has us...... Just saying. Best of luck I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back