Man shot, killed by off duty Dallas police officer who walked into the wrong apartment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just because “they” do it, doesn’t make it right for anyone else to.

It’s not appropriate because A. that guy had nothing to do with shooting. B. We can’t be certain of the origin/meaning of that the hand gesture. Stuff like that gets misinterpreted all the time. C. Isn’t never appropriate, in fact irresponsible, to use such imaginary in relation to a victim or a suspect.

Really???

Who is "WE"?

I know what that hand gesture/sign means.

You do know that WS have infiltrated LE organizations right?

Let them run that game its just a joke or you guys are overreacting if you want to...

The Klan was started as a joke as well...

Really???

Who is "WE"?

Let them run that game its just a joke or you guys are overreacting if you want to...

LOL...#PREACH

I have simple question to non-racist people who hang around racist.....why are you around them? I have cousins who deal drugs and in gangs....I don't hang around them.

So her close association with someone of a racist organization has nothing to do with it....

Why do black always try to be fair with the legal system when it has never be fair to us. Prosecutors will use association all day long to convict.

No.

That would be like someone saying Botham’s Jean being in a photo with a relative who was throwing up gang signs had something to do with him being shot inside his apartment by that cop.

Besides, I’m not talking about the legal system. I talking about the media’s responsibility in its reporting.

Really???

Who is "WE"?

Just because you might know what it means, doesn’t make it appropriate to report or make it revelant to the shooting, just like folks were posting photos of the woman with Jean claiming she was the cop who shot him when she wasn’t the cop.

Asking for comment to respond to something is common practice. But in this case, it seems the DMN and others haven't in regard to the conflicting accounts of the shooting just based on what's been reported. They're reporting these changing accounts as fact when there is much to question about them.

But is FACT that the accounts regarding the killing of Botham Jean are changing. I'm trying to see what you see; documentation has been provided showing the killer's changing stories. Why is there a need to question this?

But is FACT that the accounts regarding the killing of Botham Jean are changing. I'm trying to see what you see; documentation has been provided showing the killer's changing stories. Why is there a need to question this?

It’s not questioning that the documentation exist. It’s questioning why her story — the account of the incident — keeps changing.

We all want to know.....when people are telling the truth their story never changes....it is consistent. Her story is inconsistent and her relationship with an open racist should be investigated.

Just because you might know what it means, doesn’t make it appropriate to report or make it revelant to the shooting, just like folks were posting photos of the woman with Jean claiming she was the cop who shot him when she wasn’t the cop.

So you are really trying to draw a line from a WS hand gesture to a woman being misidentified in a photo with the victim?

So you are really trying to draw a line from a WS hand gesture to a woman being misidentified in a photo with the victim?

I’m saying everybody should be cautionary when presenting unsubstantiated images or information to the public. Just because you or I might believe something is true or revelant, doesn’t necessarily mean it should be ran with before being verified.

I’m saying everybody should be cautionary when presenting unsubstantiated images or information to the public. Just because you or I might believe something is true or revelant, doesn’t necessarily mean it should be ran with before being verified.

Your issue is with mainstream media because whenever black folk are gunned down and are clearly the victim the mainstream will project the most unflattering photo of them but let a white person go on a killing spree and the next image you will see pushed out is a high school class photo, on their jet skis, back packing or hiking or some shyt...

So what you are saying its okay to paint and push out a negative narrative of black folk but when it comes to white folk; WHOA, lets not get to crazy here...

She was posting with a relative who first said the racist hand gestures were about his uncle's 69 birthday then he flipped it and said it was a joke. That's pure racism at it's best. The media does black people like that all the time so why should we take the high road.

Every black person who has been killed by a cop has been shown to be an animal is some type of way even the little kid playing in the park with a toy pistol.

I understand that being in the media is your profession but taking the high road on this is bothersome.

Now this sir is BS!

No.

That would be like someone saying Botham’s Jean being in a photo with a relative who was throwing up gang signs had something to do with him being shot inside his apartment by that cop.
You can bet your dirty drawers that would be the narrative being peddled.

I told yall....another lie of how she entered has been disproved.

Next they need to check all her keys. Like I said she was probably issued a universal key since she is an officer and they were probably providing her with a discount to live there to act as security if necessary. She discarded the key because she was not supposed to have one and the person who gave her the key either has since left the job or isn't talking.

You can bet your dirty drawers that would be the narrative being peddled.

You darn right that's what they are doing. They are looking at all of his social media to get dirt and they can't find it. When the university did a memorial, when he was gainfully employed, showed him in the choir at church, and that neighbors didn't have a problem with him....there is nothing in their narrative. Watch they are going to find a relative with legal problems and attempt to make them tighter than stink to dodo.

It’s not questioning that the documentation exist. It’s questioning why her story — the account of the incident — keeps changing.

So, it's the media's job to question why the killer's story keeps changing? Forgive me if I appear to be "slow" but again, I'm trying to see your point. It's the lawyer's job to question why the killer keeps changing her story in an effort to determine the truth and get justice; it's the media's job to REPORT the changes. That's why they're referred to as news UPDATES.

I understand that being in the media is your profession but taking the high road on this is bothersome.

It’s not about talking the high road. It’s about pursuing the truth. That should be goal, not chasing speculative stuff and trying to present it as fact or a correlation to the incident, especially in a case like this one. That is not fair to Jean’s family in their pursuit of justice and truth. It only distracts from that.

And I’m well aware of how the press has treated black people.

In fact, I wrote a whole column about in the newspaper how the media needs to do better.

https://www.tulsaworld.com/opinion/...cle_9b74631e-0dab-53df-905b-6d6c1f51af3d.html

Just because a lot of media outlets lack morals doesn’t mean others have to follow suit.

Last edited:
So, it's the media's job to question why the killer's story keeps changing? Forgive me if I appear to be "slow" but again, I'm trying to see your point. It's the lawyer's job to question why the killer keeps changing her story in an effort to determine the truth and get justice; it's the media's job to REPORT the changes. That's why they're referred to as news UPDATES.

This chick has been caught in a web of lies.

The press is getting all of its info from a source other than the suspect. So, you can question those sources — the police, her attorney and the DA.

It’s not about talking the high road. It’s about pursuing the truth. That should be goal, not chasing speculative stuff and trying to present it as fact or a correlation to the incident, especially in a case like this one. That is not fair to Jean’s family in their pursuit of justice and truth. It only distracts from that.

And I’m well aware of how the press has treated black people.

In fact, I wrote a whole column about in the newspaper how the media needs to do better.

https://www.tulsaworld.com/opinion/...cle_9b74631e-0dab-53df-905b-6d6c1f51af3d.html

Yet, you are contradicting yourself here....maybe we are all slow....but it's one thing I believe...if you explain yourself and a number of people are confused....9 times out of 10 it's lie you are telling people.

Ken when I went through my legal stuff I never gave the police a statement. My lawyer shut it down. I have had the privaledge(sp) unlike most to sit down with the former prosecutor and as she has said, "your story has not changed since day 1. Which is why, since becoming a defense attorney believe your story."

The media is doing what they have done and what they will continue to do....post and make updates. The updates they are providing is throwing rocks all her in story and those were her words.

The press is getting all of its info from a source other than the suspect. So, you can question those sources — the police, her attorney and the DA.

Isn't that what the media does? If there was no one on the inside talking the media would be out of a job.

Isn't that what the media does? If there was no one on the inside talking the media would be out of a job.

But in Dallas, the press has allowed police to dicate what the narrative is.

“she was tired after a long shift”, information from the affidavit, and now he “ignored comman” to be the prevailing narratives of the incident with no real counterbalance to them. Basically, all of that is being reported as truth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back