Man shot, killed by off duty Dallas police officer who walked into the wrong apartment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Ok from what I was told the doors to the apartment have automatic closing attached. Similar to hotel room doors that close automatically. That's a security precaution in a number of new apartments.

Another thing is the hallway was lighted brightly....

She murdered this guy.

The thing is though....in order to prove murder to have to prove pre-meditation....even in 2nd degree murder there had to be an intent to harm. She made her statement to appear to be manslaughter at the very least.

We cannot allow the media to skew this to make he look like she victim. They did it with Philando Castille and folks set the record straight but they still tried to victimize him. This man was in his own home.

Yeah, I'm not liking this whole loud music argument. Now the narrative is that she went to Jean's apartment in uniform, because of loud music that she previously complained about to the apartment management and that is why she was in uniform, I guess trying to make is seem offical, but she shot and murdered him at 10pm, even if he were playing loud music, I'm pretty sure other neighbors would have complained, so now we have another lie to add to the other lies.

We cannot allow the media to skew this to make he look like the victim. They did it with Philando Castille and folks set the record straight but they still tried to victimize him. This man was in his own home.

So many red flags that some outlets should have trod much more carefully. Certainly it seems tone deaf to let the PD official wax rhapsodic about how overworked the force is in this coverage.

That's not to say media can't or shouldn't reference information from court documents or police reports (or even unnamed sources) in their reporting, but there is also room to question them, too. Ask follow-up questions if these narratives conflict. Media has to do a better job of not always taking law enforcement narratives as gospel just because its law enforcement.

So many red flags that some outlets should have trod much more carefully. Certainly it seems tone deaf to let the PD official wax rhapsodic about how overworked the force is in this coverage.

That's not to say media can't or shouldn't reference information from court documents or police reports (or even unnamed sources) in their reporting, but there is also room to question them, too. Ask follow-up questions if these narratives conflict. Media has to do a better job of not always taking law enforcement narratives as gospel just because its law enforcement.

Who's to say the media isn't doing this? I know that the media just about always reports, "We reached out to so-and-so but they refused our request" or "We attempted to get an interview with so-and-so, but they would not respond to our requests". How do we know the media isn't conducting follow-ups?

Who's to say the media isn't doing this? I know that the media just about always reports, "We reached out to so-and-so but they refused our request" or "We attempted to get an interview with so-and-so, but they would not respond to our requests". How do we know the media isn't conducting follow-ups?

Asking for comment to respond to something is common practice. But in this case, it seems the DMN and others haven't in regard to the conflicting accounts of the shooting just based on what's been reported. They're reporting these changing accounts as fact when there is much to question about them.

Yeah, I'm not liking this whole loud music argument. Now the narrative is that she went to Jean's apartment in uniform, because of loud music that she previously complained about to the apartment management and that is why she was in uniform, I guess trying to make is seem offical, but she shot and murdered him at 10pm, even if he were playing loud music, I'm pretty sure other neighbors would have complained, so now we have another lie to add to the other lies.
Okay, if she just arrived at the apartment complex AND parked on the wrong level AND went to the wrong apartment how is she aware of any loud music?

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop

BAM!

We cannot allow the media to skew this to make he look like the victim. They did it with Philando Castille and folks set the record straight but they still tried to victimize him. This man was in his own home.

Not trying to victimize the young man, or victimize him. They're trying to make him out to be the villain, or villainize him.

But now that contradicts her lie about the door being open, so now we kill people for a noise complaint? BS

My post wasn't about the media, that was from his job at Price Waterhouse. My thing is the guy did everything you supposed to do and he gets killed in his home, they should treat this the same as a home invasion. They make me think if he had killed her, he would be in trouble for killing a cop

The whole hand gesture thing is irrevelant to this incident.

No it's not. If they can utilize hand gestures in picture to try and connect black person's accused of crime of being associated with gang members then we should be able to do so as well when it comes racist.

Heck there are racist organizations that I did not know existed until a few weeks ago.

My post wasn't about the media, that was from his job at Price Waterhouse. My thing is the guy did everything you supposed to do and he gets killed in his home, they should treat this the same as a home invasion. They make me think if he had killed her, he would be in trouble for killing a cop

I agree....what was he doing wrong?

Also, she admitted to going in the wrong apartment so all these other excuses is bullshit.

I can't wait for the grand jury.

No it's not. If they can utilize hand gestures in picture to try and connect black person's accused of crime of being associated with gang members then we should be able to do so as well when it comes racist.

Heck there are racist organizations that I did not know existed until a few weeks ago.

Just because “they” do it, doesn’t make it right for anyone else to.

It’s not appropriate because A. that guy had nothing to do with shooting. B. We can’t be certain of the origin/meaning of that the hand gesture. Stuff like that gets misinterpreted all the time. C. Isn’t never appropriate, in fact irresponsible, to use such imaginary in relation to a victim or a suspect.

Just because “they” do it, doesn’t make it right for anyone else to.

It’s not appropriate because A. that guy had nothing to do with shooting. B. We can’t be certain of the origin/meaning of that the hand gesture. Stuff like that gets misinterpreted all the time. C. Isn’t never appropriate, in fact irresponsible, to use such imaginary in relation to a victim or a suspect.

So her close association with someone of a racist organization has nothing to do with it....

Why do black always try to be fair with the legal system when it has never be fair to us. Prosecutors will use association all day long to convict.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back