JSU vs PVAMU BOTB?

I calculated buses, hotel and food at about $28,000 for this weekend. Friday through Saturday night.When I marched in the boom I remember Murray saying the cline tour buses cost $1300 a day.

$28,000 is not bad for a recruiting budget IF there were at least 4,000 to 5,000 high students there to witness the Boom. Plus, the same students would have paid $15.00 dollars per person to get in, which would have generated $60,000 to $75,000 in revenue. Someone has to pay for the expenses due to lost revenues. This event definitely was not planned right.

$28,000 is not bad for a recruiting budget IF there were at least 4,000 to 5,000 high students there to witness the Boom. Plus, the same students would have paid $15.00 dollars per person to get in, which would have generated $60,000 to $75,000 in revenue. Someone has to pay for the expenses due to lost revenues. This event definitely was not planned right.
Yea ur right!!!!!

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop

It definitely wasn't planned right. A lot of people found out about it the week of when PV made a poster about it. By then it was way too late for people to make plans especially if they already planned on going home for the weekend. Alot more planning and preparation should have went into this and it should have been advertised weeks ahead of time like the Boombox BOTB last year and the SU BOTB at the beginning of this year. Cant expect a nice turn out if things ain't planned right. I agree with you 100% as well.

I was not even going to say anything but it is clear people on this board be straight up bullshittin and not remembering what they say. When it was concluded that Southern and Jackson we're not having the battle of the bands which was EARLY on in the season, it was already being talked about that PVAM and JSU were having one. Many people commented that this battle of the bands was going to be much better than/well attended then SU and TC.. so people need to stop lying on this board and tell the truth this was an absolute failure from the jump

So all these excuses about not being able to find a venue in Houston in time , and not having enough time to promote this event is purely bs.. and I do find it very ironic that also there are people that make comments about Southern University band and band directors being on social media,, but clearly SU is doing something right when it comes to promoting the band and the events

Last edited:
I don't know how true it is.... but that is one of the many excuses that people gave for the failure of this battle of the bands

Word is that you better make the BOTB because there will not be a 5th after the game.

They actually did do a 5th, but it was no where close to the 5th's that was done with PV-UAPB & PV-Alcorn St.

I calculated buses, hotel and food at about $28,000 for this weekend. Friday through Saturday night.When I marched in the boom I remember Murray saying the cline tour buses cost $1300 a day.

Since the band was coming to the game anyway and staying the night, it didn't cost anything extra because of the BOTB.

The cost to travel to Houston was already in JSU's band budget, JSU is NOT in the RED.

$28,000 is an exaggeration, not the actual cost.

Last edited:
I don't know how true it is.... but that is one of the many excuses that people gave for the failure of this battle of the bands

What were the others? All I've seen was TBF say the Houston venue fell through. I had heard the Berry Center all up until that flyer went out. If the students have left once its not in Houston its a wrap no matter what kind of promotion you're doing.

Not sure what ya'll diggin for. Plan apparently fell apart and it is what it is.

That shit sucked so bad. Huge disappointment.

The bright side: the only positive is The Boom kicked ass. and they didn't even look excited. They looked bored as hell.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Get over it and enjoy your Thanksgiving! Still bitter JSU didn't want to schedule a BTOB with SU?

No, not really. I don't care much about anything jsu; l didn't go to the SU vs. TC battle and if jsu had been coming, I still would not have gone.
In spite of that, I thought my question for @SUjagTILLiDIE was pretty straight forward; he was there, I was not.

I am not sure if you were there or not, nor why you would consider my post to be bitter, but, I have a suggestion for you.
Look at YOUR signature........and you have a happy holiday season as well!

No, not really. I don't care much about anything jsu; l didn't go to the SU vs. TC battle and if jsu had been coming, I still would not have gone.
In spite of that, I thought my question for @SUjagTILLiDIE was pretty straight forward; he was there, I was not.

I am not sure if you were there or not, nor why you would consider my post to be bitter, but, I have a suggestion for you.
Look at YOUR signature........and you have a happy holiday season as well!
I wasn't there. I took the pic from face book. The person said it was 50 plus people there lol. Don't know if he was playing or not lol.

Get over it and enjoy your Thanksgiving! Still bitter JSU didn't want to schedule a BTOB with SU?

You can't be serious SU VS TC was pack wall to wall... money was made and people left happy.. Btw it was in the stadium...IT was the jsu people mad and bitter talking bad about SU director, and then saying again that the PVAM and JSU botb was going to better etc,, TRY AGAIN.. BUT WATCH THEY CLAIM THAT WAS NEVER SAID

Back