JSU vs PVAMU BOTB?

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Friday night in the Baby Dome

This should be a good one!
mod.gif

Word is that you better make the BOTB because there will not be a 5th after the game.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
"This will be awesome. Better than any other BOTB ever in history in 2015. I bet it outdraws every other stand-battle BOTB this year also."

Why did they schedule this botb. Where did the interest Come from. Especially since they didn't support the event at there own school !!

Why did they schedule this botb. Where did the interest Come from. Especially since they didn't support the event at there own school !!

I believe it was supposed to help both universities in recruiting future students. I would love to see how much they spent on the event versus the actual results, because electricity and overnight hotel expense for a 300 piece band is not cheap these days. Even in fraternity chapters I have been associated with, I never could understand how an event can be called a fundraiser when more monies are spent on the event than monies generated. I wonder who picks up the tap for lost revenues and expenses. Plus, were PVAMU's students on campus, since the weekend is the start of the Thanksgiving week for most schools. Most kids leave campus that Friday night if they don't have classes the following week.

Last edited:
PV did not want to hold this on campus by no means....it was supposed to be in Houston but a venue could not be located with High school playoffs and basketball going on at the same time

I believe it was supposed to help both universities in recruiting future students. I would love to see how much they spent on the event versus the actual results, because electricity and overnight hotel expense for a 300 piece band is not cheap these days. Even in fraternity chapters I have been associated with, I never could understand how an event can be called a fundraiser when more monies are spent on the event than monies generated. I wonder who picks up the tap for lost revenues and expenses. Plus, were PVAMU's students on campus, since the weekend is the start of the Thanksgiving week for most schools. Most kids leave campus that Friday night if they don't have classes the following week.
I calculated buses, hotel and food at about $28,000 for this weekend. Friday through Saturday night.When I marched in the boom I remember Murray saying the cline tour buses cost $1300 a day.

Back