JSU vs PVAMU BOTB?

Quietstorm

memba2change4thabetta
According to the Marching Storm Facebook page, The Sonic Boom of JSU and the Marching Storm will square off on PV`s campus on 11/20 for a BOTB? Can anyone from JSU confirm?

No one believed me, when I said "The Sonic Boom" may skip the Southern game for PV.

Last edited:

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
It will be a big year for pv exposure wise. Correct me if I'm wrong but the new stadium is ready to be broke in on the hill... And now this for pv ... Great move for both bands... Pv and jsu battles have been underrated to me the last two years as far as exposure... Pv may be rebuilding itself but I love the direction they're moving in. This will be a great recruiting tool for both the boom and the storm. Can't wait til it goes down.

It will be a big year for pv exposure wise. Correct me if I'm wrong but the new stadium is ready to be broke in on the hill... And now this for pv ... Great move for both bands... Pv and jsu battles have been underrated to me the last two years as far as exposure... Pv may be rebuilding itself but I love the direction they're moving in. This will be a great recruiting tool for both the boom and the storm. Can't wait til it goes down.
The new stadium will be open for the Labor Day Classic 2016.

No one believed me, when I said "The Sonic Boom" may skip the Southern game for PV.

Great! Haymer can't be trusted! If the Boom makes the trip to Southern, knowing Haymer, Talladega would perform at halftime instead of the Boom, the Boom wouldn't be allowed on the field.I don't have a good feeling about this.

Tried to tell folks about that man. He's narcissistic to the n-th degree, which doesn't bode well for su fans.

JSU has never had this difficult time with su's leadership even though the rivalry's been there for years.
Only one thing has changed and that's the band director named Haymer.
I knew dude was crazy when he had Grambling's director and band walk out on him. I don't recall the Grambling band director EVER doing something like that to any band except Haymer's band.

Great! Haymer can't be trusted! If the Boom makes the trip to Southern, knowing Haymer, Talladega would perform at halftime instead of the Boom, the Boom wouldn't be allowed on the field.I don't have a good feeling about this.

I don't think it's that serious fellas. And I don't think the University will go along with anything that drastic unless they thought something bad was going to happen. The fans do not want to see TC on the field. I know I don't. As for going to PV. I hope the Boom understands how small the visitors side at Blackshear is. If the Boom is 260 plus, it is going to be a tight squeeze in Blackshear. Somebody better go take a look before taking the trip. It was tight just for us fans when we played them down there last fall. It's going to be a great place to play once their new stadium is in place in 2016.

I don't think it's that serious fellas. And I don't think the University will go along with anything that drastic unless they thought something bad was going to happen. The fans do not want to see TC on the field. I know I don't. As for going to PV. I hope the Boom understands how small the visitors side at Blackshear is. If the Boom is 260 plus, it is going to be a tight squeeze in Blackshear. Somebody better go take a look before taking the trip. It was tight just for us fans when we played them down there last fall. It's going to be a great place to play once their new stadium is in place in 2016.

They are Playing at Waller ISD Stadium this year

JR, you know that man is unstable but I know you can't say it publicly. Dude has some serious issues to deal with. He's lost the respect of two great band directors, one from Grambling and the other from JSU. And he did it in less than one year.

Tried to tell folks about that man. He's narcissistic to the n-th degree, which doesn't bode well for su fans.

JSU has never had this difficult time with su's leadership even though the rivalry's been there for years.
I knew dude was crazy when he had Grambling's director and band walk out on him. I don't recall the Grambling band director EVER doing something like that to any band except Haymer's band.

Okay Jayrob, this is stretching it. Haymer is not running the school. LOL. I don't think there is going to be a problem with the Boom playing on game day Saturday. The BOTB is a separate deal. I don't think it is going to come to that unless JSU decides they don't want to come. Which is more of shame for the Football Tigers and the fans who would like to see the battle and such on game day. That BOTB is more for the youngsters. Game day is a different entity.

They are Playing at Waller ISD Stadium this year

That's right, they had to move games from the campus due to the new stadium construction. Then that is a trip the Boom should make. I expect PV to be pretty good this year. My crab brother Ralph Chapman is supposed to be down there helping Tim Zachary. Waller ISD Stadium is a decent size.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop

I'm on board with you , but I'm not trying to give no southern folks no ammunition to come on this thread and turn it into a "who dick bigger" smash talk one... They got their charity event with talledega and idk if this is true , but if it is ... the boom got plans of its own.

Just sit tight! Carolyn Meyers is a Band President and has Zero Tolerance for ignorance and unprofessional behavior. It's something she takes very serious.

You are right Rob, but SU fans love that fool! Last year, JSU's Band Director told the band "don't go past the 30 yard line" when they were leaving the stands for halftime, he didn't want JSU's band close to Southern's band.

And yet here we are in a topic about JSU vs. PV you have folks once again from the same school trying to attack SU and our director. SU has nothing to do with this BOTB so why do you continue to bring us up?

120312-shows-star-cinema-obsessed-movie-poster.jpg

Last edited:
Okay Jayrob, this is stretching it. Haymer is not running the school. LOL. I don't think there is going to be a problem with the Boom playing on game day Saturday. The BOTB is a separate deal. I don't think it is going to come to that unless JSU decides they don't want to come. Which is more of shame for the Football Tigers and the fans who would like to see the battle and such on game day. That BOTB is more for the youngsters. Game day is a different entity.
I won't shed a tear at all if they don't come.

That's right, they had to move games from the campus due to the new stadium construction. Then that is a trip the Boom should make. I expect PV to be pretty good this year. My crab brother Ralph Chapman is supposed to be down there helping Tim Zachary. Waller ISD Stadium is a decent size.

Is he the one that was the BD at bama state a while back?

JR, you know that man is unstable but I know you can't say it publicly. Dude has some serious issues to deal with. He's lost the respect of two great band directors, one from Grambling and the other from JSU. And he did it in less than one year.

Pannell is a great band director??? Didn't the alumni want him fired a few years ago?

No need to worry, the Boom ain't making the trip to Southern. The ingredients are there for a disaster!

Back