JSU marching 339 The Notice has been served...clips

Dirty mansion? Memorial's a palace when placed beside Mumford. Plus, who rents a stadium we get for practically free? You haven't heard yet? Catch up dude.

I'm so glad you are proud of that big ole off-campus stadium that was built for and used up by two other schools that are not even located in Jackson, MS.

Here's a picture of fans in Mississippi Memorial Stadium. I'm sure jayrob is somewhere in that crowd.

178192706-college-football-overall-view-of-mississippi-gettyimages.jpg

Last edited:
I'm so glad you are proud of that big ole off-campus stadium that was built for and used up by two other schools that are not even located in Jackson, MS.

Here's a picture of fans in Mississippi Memorial Stadium. I'm sure jayrob is somewhere in that crowd.

178192706-college-football-overall-view-of-mississippi-gettyimages.jpg
And that's amazing how a stadium that was used by sooooo many schools looks better than Mumform with its one only tenant !!!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    152.1 KB · Views: 31
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    126.5 KB · Views: 29

And that's amazing how a stadium that was used by sooooo many schools looks better than Mumform with its one only tenant !!!!

I know when you see those flags waving in the sky, they look so beautiful to you and reminds you of the good ole days. LOL!!!

For some reason, those flags never flew in Mumford. Wait!!!! Neither band is sitting in the corner of the stadium? LOL!!!

Last edited:
I know when you see those flags waving in the sky, they look so beautiful to you and reminds you of the good ole days. LOL!!!

For some reason, those flags never flew in Mumford. Wait!!!! Neither band is sitting in the corner of the stadium? LOL!!!

You can bust all the jokes you want but honestly jsu is much further along than SU even with the state having its confederate history. So maybe yall should have Put some of those flags up. I don't see Louisiana gov endorsing SU in anything. Sounds more life Jindal has tried his best to shut the doors so don't joke to much. You have to know when to stop !!!! Jsu on the verge of becoming the third largest institution in Mississippi so those flags apparently did us justice.

Last edited:

You say some of the unsmartest stuff that has nothing to do with the topic at hand.
JSU has played in this stadium for 50 years without having to pay for upkeep or expensive infrastructure. That's ALL for free.
You can call the stadium "used up", but the state of Mississippi has put in tens of millions for upkeep over the years. Can you say the same for su? No.
In other words, JSU has the state of Mississippi paying for upkeep of it's stadium, the same stadium the state of Mississippi GAVE JSU for practically nothing.
I'm sure you can't say the same about what Jindal's doing to su and other Louisiana schools.

In short, JSU's taking advantage of what's being given, while su's being taken advantage of by Jindal and company, so JAG89 it would be to your advantage to leave this subject alone.

It took 17 years before the State of Mississippi allowed them to utilize a State owned facility that is just across town from them and they are too happy to have it now. At least when the State of Louisiana built its first NFL stadium (Superdome), both Southern and Grambling utilized it the first year it opened. Maybe the year when the new dome in Atlanta opens they can perform in it so that they can finally see what a BRAND new stadium looks like.

And the last time I was in Memorial, there's definitely nothing plush about that place. It reminds me of any HBCU stadium but just bigger.

Last edited:
Man them white folks dont give a darn about jackson nor jackson state.

Let them keep thinking that. They better learn from others now, because I'm sure they will find out sooner than later. The dormitory debacle this semester should tell them what the State of Mississippi really thinks of them. And like Louisiana, Mississippi has only 1 Black U.S. Congressional member. It would seem like they would have more, since the State's Black population is approximately 37%.

Last edited:

[M]
You practically don't own it.
But we've been here for 50 years basically paying nothing. What's your excuse for dishing out millions and millions for upkeep and Mumford is still a dump.
Heck, you just got toilets a couple years ago. LOL!!

Man them white folks dont give a darn about jackson nor jackson state.
And Jindal cares about su??!! Hahahahaha!! At least our governor's not trying to bankrupt us. Heck, one governor tried to give us Alcorn and Valley and we said NO. What has Jindal given su, except a huge debt to climb out of.

Let them keep thinking that. They better learn from others now, because I'm sure they will find out sooner than later. The dormitory debacle this semester should tell them what the State of Mississippi really thinks of them. And like Louisiana, Mississippi has only 1 Black U.S. Congressional member. It would seem like they would have more, since the State's Black population is approximately 37%.
Dude, the dormitory issue had to do with a growing number of students. The state just approved a 43 million dollar bill giving JSU new dorms in a year and a half.
You don't know what the heck you're talking about as usual.
And like I said earlier, we're not drowning in debt like su. Our academic situation is stable as is our athletic program. Can you say the same about su? No.
In U.S.A. Today school rankings, JSU's the highest ranked SWAC school.
Again, you don't know what you're talking about.
We're practically playing for free in a 50 plus million dollar stadium and OWN ALL of the events that are put on at the stadium.
Easy access to the interstate, no clogged roads, fantastic upkeep, just got a FREE multi-million dollar tele-tron and more upkeep of the stadium.

Being a supposed business person, I'll let you figure out how much that adds up to.

Wasn't enough to pass legislation to fund that domed stadium.
Honestly coming from a JSU tiger, the dome issue was more of an incompetent AD and VP of institutional advancement. Our AD did her job that she was hired to do which was get those APR scores up and now we lead the conference. But she's no longer the AD, our next AD will someone that does extremely with well with fundraisers and marketing . Our former VP of IA was fired because he did do enough research into the dome proposal in acquiring resources from sponsors who would have shown interest in naming rights, advertising and even locking in some key events . That's were that issue came from . With a project that big and if your going to want the state help you'll need an A-1 proposal and task force and that's why JSU didn't emphasize the dome in 2015 so hard because our outstanding president wants to have those key top positions filled for the second round. If you knew our president you would know that if JSU really couldn't get that dome then it would have never been brought up.

Honestly coming from a JSU tiger, the dome issue was more of an incompetent AD and VP of institutional advancement. Our AD did her job that she was hired to do which was get those APR scores up and now we lead the conference. But she's no longer the AD, our next AD will someone that does extremely with well with fundraisers and marketing . Our former VP of IA was fired because he did do enough research into the dome proposal in acquiring resources from sponsors who would have shown interest in naming rights, advertising and even locking in some key events . That's were that issue came from . With a project that big and if your going to want the state help you'll need an A-1 proposal and task force and that's why JSU didn't emphasize the dome in 2015 so hard because our outstanding president wants to have those key top positions filled for the second round. If you knew our president you would know that if JSU really couldn't get that dome then it would have never been brought up.

What troubles me about the situation, jSU's administration pushed a dome stadium project during the same time the university was experiencing a high growth rate. And if the university's high growth rate remained consistent, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to determine how many students would be enrolled at jSU in the future. I'm sure the State of Mississippi will make it seems like jSU's administration dropped the ball on not requesting funding for additional dormitories to accommodate the number of students in the future, but instead spent way too much time in trying to lobby politicians for funding for a dome stadium.

Dude, the dormitory issue had to do with a growing number of students. The state just approved a 43 million dollar bill giving JSU new dorms in a year and a half.
You don't know what the heck you're talking about as usual.
And like I said earlier, we're not drowning in debt like su. Our academic situation is stable as is our athletic program. Can you say the same about su? No.
In U.S.A. Today school rankings, JSU's the highest ranked SWAC school.
Again, you don't know what you're talking about.
We're practically playing for free in a 50 plus million dollar stadium and OWN ALL of the events that are put on at the stadium.
Easy access to the interstate, no clogged roads, fantastic upkeep, just got a FREE multi-million dollar tele-tron and more upkeep of the stadium.

Being a supposed business person, I'll let you figure out how much that adds up to.
I thought I read that the design was approved but yall haven't received the funding approval yet. Not sure why the legislature is waiting.

What troubles me about the situation, jSU's administration pushed a dome stadium project during the same time the university was experiencing a high growth rate. And if the university's high growth rate remained consistent, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to determine how many students would be enrolled at jSU in the future. I'm sure the State of Mississippi will make it seems like jSU's administration dropped the ball on not requesting funding for additional dormitories to accommodate the number of students in the future, but instead spent way too much time in trying to lobby politicians for funding for a dome stadium.
It seems that way because the Dome was going to take so many different types of support including state, alumni, supporters, county, city and etc so that's why they make that a public push. As far as the dormitory it only needed states approval so that negotiation was done among those parties that were to approve of the dorms. Jsu administration especially Dr. Myers supported dormitories waay back in her second year. It was the state whom took so long. A lot of the push backs were to accomendate the governors reelection campaign saying he balanced the budget and had extra lefted over which they put in the rainy day fund to say he also increased that. If the people only knew yes he did increased those funds but what they don't know is he deceased in other areas. A lot of projects with all 8 schools were put on hold. If the state would have started on some of the 8 schools projects then the budget would have even out or even deficit. That's why even though this man running for democratic nominee for gov look like he doesn't know right from left im still voting for him because I'm tired of the usual politicking . Believe it or not JSU administration is doing the best they can with what they have, could be a lot worst. As long as we are seeing growth its best we just hush and support. Trust me it's enough people not happy with the growth that are complaining that our complaining is really not needed, I'm sure you know who I'm referring to. Jsu is fighting against odds right now being they are very soon to out grow USM so we just need to keep supporting. Sometimes we as blacks complain at the wrong time. Another thing it's crazy but true, football programs can bring in more long term indirect revenue than many schools themselves. 75 percent of students choose schools with outstanding football programs no matter what level. Some times growing up that's how you even learn of schools so even though JSU should continue to keep there students well being first, the stadium is still a great idea . Honestly JSU owns memorial but it's cost $15,000 on game day for just the electric bill. You know with new modern equipment that would come along with a new stadium there so many new ways to save on electric bills even if it has solar power this or that.

I thought I read that the design was approved but yall haven't received the funding approval yet. Not sure why the legislature is waiting.
Your right that's what was floating around but the president said Herself the other day that the dorm is a done deal. It was approved , I think they are waiting now on the design. They want it to be real nice. I remember her saying they are debating now whether to have one big building or multiple units. It's suppose to include 600+ beds, cafeteria and conference center. Also what's not included on that price tag but will be in that area is a new parking garage . It's on the IHL list for JSU 2016 budget year and also a new band hall for marching band down by the fire station. Students complaining about noise around the main dorms and library. The dorms and parking garage are to start right beside the mason hall and go back to university blvd. the band hall is suppose to be where the fire station is and the new school of public health will be behide sleep inn but cross the street, I think thats a bail bond place and a mechanic shop.

Last edited:
It seems that way because the Dome was going to take so many different types of support including state, alumni, supporters, county, city and etc so that's why they make that a public push. As far as the dormitory it only needed states approval so that negotiation was done among those parties that were to approve of the dorms. Jsu administration especially Dr. Myers supported dormitories waay back in her second year. It was the state whom took so long. A lot of the push backs were to accomendate the governors reelection campaign saying he balanced the budget and had extra lefted over which they put in the rainy day fund to say he also increased that. If the people only knew yes he did increased those funds but what they don't know is he deceased in other areas. A lot of projects with all 8 schools were put on hold. If the state would have started on some of the 8 schools projects then the budget would have even out or even deficit. That's why even though this man running for democratic nominee for gov look like he doesn't know right from left im still voting for him because I'm tired of the usual politicking . Believe it or not JSU administration is doing the best they can with what they have, could be a lot worst. As long as we are seeing growth its best we just hush and support. Trust me it's enough people not happy with the growth that are complaining that our complaining is really not needed, I'm sure you know who I'm referring to. Jsu is fighting against odds right now being they are very soon to out grow USM so we just need to keep supporting. Sometimes we as blacks complain at the wrong time. Another thing it's crazy but true, football programs can bring in more long term indirect revenue than many schools themselves. 75 percent of students choose schools with outstanding football programs no matter what level. Some times growing up that's how you even learn of schools so even though JSU should continue to keep there students well being first, the stadium is still a great idea . Honestly JSU owns memorial but it's cost $15,000 on game day for just the electric bill. You know with new modern equipment that would come along with a new stadium there so many new ways to save on electric bills even if it has solar power this or that.

So are you saying jSU should remain quiet and continue to grow with very little support from the State??? IMO, jSU should have every news media on its campus showing them how the State has intentionally unfunded the school's needs. Also, jSU's administration should push for rallies at the State capital requesting that the State meets the needs of the university and its rapid growth rate. Being quiet would only allow the State to find ways to not fund the university properly.

Your right that's what was floating around but the president said Herself the other day that the dorm is a done deal. It was approved , I think they are waiting now on the design. They want it to be real nice. I remember her saying they are debating now whether to have one big building or multiple units. It's suppose to include 600+ beds, cafeteria and conference center. Also what's not included on that price tag but will be in that area is a new parking garage . It's on the IHL list for JSU 2016 budget year and also a new band hall for marching band down by the fire station. Students complaining about noise around the main dorms and library. The dorms and parking garage are to start right beside the mason hall and go back to university blvd. the band hall is suppose to be where the fire station is and the new school of public health will be behide sleep inn but cross the street, I think thats a bail bond place and a mechanic shop.

If the proposed dorms haven't reached design phase yet, you do know it will take approximately another year before they are completed. Therefore, what plans do jSU have for next year's growth??? Also, I hope the dorms are built to accommodate for future growth, because like I stayed previously, if the growth rate remains consistent, there will soon be a need for more dorms.

If the proposed dorms haven't reached design phase yet, you do know it will take approximately another year before they are completed. Therefore, what plans do jSU have for next year's growth??? Also, I hope the dorms are built to accommodate for future growth, because like I stayed previously, if the growth rate remains consistent, there will soon be a need for more dorms.
They have the designs they are debating which would be best the single unit or multiple. Ground is to be broke in October . If that will help you understand that's it's forward process.

Back