JSU marching 339 The Notice has been served...clips

But I still say SU have better drills overall & mostly better arrangements on SOME songs...Mostly SOME of the Ballads....thats it. & even thats changing. But there are alot of songs that the Boom have a Better arrangement than SU also. I just tell it like it is!!!

But I still say SU have better drills overall & mostly better arrangements on SOME songs...Mostly SOME of the Ballads....thats it. & even thats changing. But there are alot of songs that the Boom have a Better arrangement than SU also. SU field show was a betta at the BoomBOX Classic...but alot of mistakes....& the BOOM field show was betta than SU at Honda!!! I just tell it like it is!!!
Both Bands are CLEARLY the BEST in the SWAC!!!! Only one band in the SWAC OVERALL can come close to out drilling them & sounding close...that is ALCORN...if that old alcorn comes back....they will be a great band!. If Alcorn can get they arrangements & sound better & work harder on the drills...they will be there....cause ALCORN have great drill designs! Im Done!

Last edited:

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
LOL @ ppl saying SU is good on ballads..but yet most of their songs played this year weren't ballads and still blew bands outta the water LOL..shat just cracks me...

I bet folks can't name 4 ballads that SU played this year?

smh..

All the stuff they played was uptempo/mid-tempo Lol...only ballad that sticks out was Anita Baker...

Like i said...Most of the Ballads SU play better than Boom...not all!! soooo...
that makes me think the BOOM had the BETTER up- tempo songs...lol

If Jsu and su ever became FBS, there hate for one another would automatically rival those of the SEC and other schools. Just imagine if both schools pumped a few extra dollars into that game without a classic title but as in advertising and marketing this game. It's amazing how both schools take over a thread that is not even about the boombox Classic lol. But u got to love it. No JSU and SU in my opinion means no more excitement in swac football seAson .

Do you think before you type? Liddell had large bands in the early 2000's and FAMU had about 400 members, they all fitted rather nicely in that corner!
news-n-coffee.gif

Do you think before you type? Liddell had large bands in the early 2000's and FAMU had about 400 members, they all fitted rather nicely in that corner!
news-n-coffee.gif
Yea i think before i type do u? Yes Famu fitted nicely in mumford also alabama state did as well. Both fam and asu fitted nicely just like they did in there HOME stadiums. In 2013 j state did not fit nicely in mumford in 2013 there formation didnt look like it did in there HOME staduim like thee other bands. Thats y i used complain because after 2013 game j state complained about it being to small.

It's not our fault your stadium is too small.

It ain't the size of the stadium. LOL. A 500 piece band can fit in Mumford if we want them too. FAMU squeezed their huge band inside Mumford in 86 when they came during my time and hell they fit themselves in their smaller than Mumford stadium. The deal is we don't give up the SPACE for that many folks band wise. That corner whatever it holds is the section the visiting band is allowed to be in. If holds 339 then you fit. If it does not. That will get uncomfortable being jammed up on each other.The other sections are sold to paying customers. Even Ohio State would not give you 339 seats for your band to sit in the SHOE that seats close to 110K. They will sit you where they want you, so you have to fit the space they give you. Even if that means on some stands on the sideline corner. LOL. Nobody gives up that many seats for visiting bands if they got paying customers that demand seats.

It ain't the size of the stadium. LOL. A 500 piece band can fit in Mumford if we want them too. FAMU squeezed their huge band inside Mumford in 86 when they came during my time and hell they fit themselves in their smaller than Mumford stadium. The deal is we don't give up the SPACE for that many folks band wise. That corner whatever it holds is the section the visiting band is allowed to be in. If holds 339 then you fit. If it does not. That will get uncomfortable being jammed up on each other.The other sections are sold to paying customers. Even Ohio State would not give you 339 seats for your band to sit in the SHOE that seats close to 110K. They will sit you where they want you, so you have to fit the space they give you. Even if that means on some stands on the sideline corner. LOL. Nobody gives up that many seats for visiting bands if they got paying customers that demand seats.

A 400 member FAMU band fit in there with no problems and no complaints in 2000.

A 400 member FAMU band fit in there with no problems and no complaints in 2000.

Yep. That corner holds probably that much. You just don't have room to be spread out and skipping rows when you are that big. I know Big Ten bands when they travel take a smaller number of their members depending on where they are playing.

So, by way of your explanation, you just verified that your stadium is too small.
At Memorial, bands don't have to be jammed in together like they do at Mumford.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
JR, visiting teams usually bring smaller bands due to cost more than space.

JR, visiting teams usually bring smaller bands due to cost more than space.

It depends. You think if Southern was 500 pieces that the University of Ga is going to give up that kind of space for us to sit when we play them in September even if cost is not a factor? My point is that most schools don't offer up that kind of space when they know they can sell those seats to paying fans.

So, by way of your explanation, you just verified that your stadium is too small.
At Memorial, bands don't have to be jammed in together like they do at Mumford.

That's because you know you can't sell that place out. If yall had 55k season ticket holders then that section would get smaller and if SU came there with 400 kids. It would be tight. Nothing to due with the size of the stadium. Mumford can hold a 1000 piece band if we put you in the end zone and only sell the other 1500 seats. It's by choice. For example. The stadium TxsU plays in Houston is smaller seat wise than Mumford. The Boom can sit in there comfortably because they don't expect to sell all them seats. You ever notice when Michigan comes to Ohio State and vice versa. They put the visiting band in the corner of the field on the ground. Not in the actual stands. They used to do that at the Bayou Classic when I marched. Didn't give up paying seats to make a band comfortable and spread out. Lol.

That's because you know you can't sell that place out. If yall had 55k season ticket holders then that section would get smaller and if SU came there with 400 kids. It would be tight. Nothing to due with the size of the stadium. Mumford can hold a 1000 piece band if we put you in the end zone and only sell the other 1500 seats. It's by choice. For example. The stadium TxsU plays in Houston is smaller seat wise than Mumford. The Boom can sit in there comfortably because they don't expect to sell all them seats. You ever notice when Michigan comes to Ohio State and vice versa. They put the visiting band in the corner of the field on the ground. Not in the actual stands. They used to do that at the Bayou Classic when I marched. Didn't give up paying seats to make a band comfortable and spread out. Lol.
JR, you continue to prove my point with your own words. Why can't we sellout Memorial? Because it's bigger than any stadium in the SWAC.
If our stadium was small like su or Valley's stadium, I could see why there would be a problem with seating for the band.

Using jayrob's logic he would rather rent a less than halfway furnished dirty mansion instead of owning a 4,000 square foot home fully furnished. Thumbs up Sir!!! Do you!

Using jayrob's logic he would rather rent a less than halfway furnished dirty mansion instead of owning a 4,000 square foot home fully furnished. Thumbs up Sir!!! Do you!

He knows there are only a few HBCU's with on-campus stadiums (Norfolk, Southern, Alabama State) with a seating capacity approximately 30,000 and he can count them on one hand. FAMU used to always march a 400-plus piece band and their home stadium only seats approximately 25,500. Like Tulane University, even TnST is moving out of their NFL stadium (Nissan Stadium) in Nashville so that they can recapture their on-campus spirit in their much smaller on-campus stadium that seats approximately 10,000. IMO, in order to recapture their on-campus spirit, jSU should build a 30,000 seat open air on-campus stadium with room for expansion, but for some odd reason, their administration is really stuck on building a domed stadium. A 30,000 seat open air stadium is not that much difference in capacity than the revised proposal for a 35,000 seat domed stadium. At least with an open air stadium, there's room to expand to a 50,000 seat stadium if the demand is there. I think Alcorn State should increase its stadium capacity by 5,000 now that they have moved their jSU game back to their campus and the capacity crowds SU brings to their stadium. The demand is there when they have to rent bleachers to be placed behind their endzones.

Last edited:
Both Bands are CLEARLY the BEST in the SWAC!!!! Only one band in the SWAC OVERALL can come close to out drilling them & sounding close...that is ALCORN...if that old alcorn comes back....they will be a great band!. If Alcorn can get they arrangements & sound better & work harder on the drills...they will be there....cause ALCORN have great drill designs! Im Done!

We're working on it. Trying to restore the feeling, we'll see what The Sounds are bout this year.

He knows there are only a few HBCU's with on-campus stadiums (Norfolk, Southern, Alabama State) with a seating capacity approximately 30,000 and he can count them on one hand. FAMU used to always march a 400-plus piece band and their home stadium only seats approximately 25,500. Like Tulane University, even TnST is moving out of their NFL stadium (Nissan Stadium) in Nashville so that they can recapture their on-campus spirit in their much smaller on-campus stadium that seats approximately 10,000. IMO, in order to recapture their on-campus spirit, jSU should build a 30,000 seat open air on-campus stadium with room for expansion, but for some odd reason, their administration is really stuck on building a domed stadium. A 30,000 seat open air stadium is not that much difference in capacity than the revised proposal for a 35,000 seat domed stadium. At least with an open air stadium, there's room to expand to a 50,000 seat stadium if the demand is there. I think Alcorn State should increase its stadium capacity by 5,000 now that they have moved their jSU game back to their campus and the capacity crowds SU brings to their stadium. The demand is there when they have to rent bleachers to be placed behind their endzones.
Stay on topic dude. That diatribe has nothing to do with su's smaller stadium.

Dirty mansion? Memorial's a palace when placed beside Mumford. Plus, who rents a stadium we get for practically free? You haven't heard yet? Catch up dude.

Back