JSU marching 339 The Notice has been served...clips

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
I don't know if you were there or not,but one thing us old boomers noticed is how balanced it was! That's exactly what we were listening for! Also I think the band was watching the directors(who were located way up in the stands) moreso than the drum majors! In a regular venue where they can actually see the conductor,they'll be fine!

I wasn't there, I watch the videos and maybe video don't do them justice... I like what I'm hearing I like that they brought back tiger to San Pedro's ... And some other little tunes.... I love the big band sound with numbers.... History all around !

I'm sure Haymer stayed up all night watching clips...LOL .
One things for sure. The delusion coming from JSt camp is at an all time high.

Alum Juke's have seen this SOS before. And, from listening to these clips from the Merge...it'll be another year of the same "we'z big, we'z loud, but sound like a giant HS" Sippi all-star mix. Good luck being ranked higher than PV, BamaSt, PineBluff, A&M..and, even Grum (*almost vurps...but, true*) in the "actual collegiate sound" dept.

Shout out to the ol'skool boomers that used to talk mad isht (pre-2000) about this style of play that current boom plays with....but, now can't wait to hear it coming from 300+ members playing HS level Sippi Slopp.

Ps- You're not 339, if 15+ don't even carry horns...lol. "Trim the fat", indeed....please and thank you, in advance.

One things for sure. The delusion coming from JSt camp is at an all time high.

Alum Juke's have seen this SOS before. And, from listening to these clips from the Merge...it'll be another year of the same "we'z big, we'z loud, but sound like a giant HS" Sippi all-star mix. Good luck being ranked higher than PV, BamaSt, PineBluff, A&M..and, even Grum (*almost vurps...but, true*) in the "actual collegiate sound" dept.

Shout out to the ol'skool boomers that used to talk mad isht (pre-2000) about this style of play that current boom plays with....but, now can't wait to hear it coming from 300+ members playing HS level Sippi Slopp.

Ps- You're not 339, if 15+ don't even carry horns...lol. "Trim the fat", indeed....please and thank you, in advance.
All of this because of the size of a band? This junk is more serious than I thought!!! Get your crazy ass out of here with that bs!

So now y'all the new FAMU?
Nope.....not by along shot
All BOOM members are college students that are actually enrolled at JSU and nowhere else. These are all blue and white tigers.

Not part Callaway high and ole miss exchange students like FAMU do down in florida. Lol

All of this because of the size of a band? This junk is more serious than I thought!!! Get your crazy ass out of here with that bs!

Dude just typing just to be typing. He'd know how foolish he sounds if he actually knew what went on at JSU lol.

And how did I not know SU and their buddies from A@M would be up in here like mad 70 year old men yelling through the window at youngsters on their grass. Lol

Thread didnt even make it 4 post before the crabs came in being crabs as usual. Lol

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Foh, bruh...lol. You JSt cats are the ones that's been making it a key point to mention "how'z big" the boom will be this year ("we have 200 freshmen"..."wait til we Merge"), in almost every topic and post. Carry yo arse with that failed reverse psychology crap...lol

Same Ol' Shat...different year.

Foh, bruh...lol. You JSt cats are the ones that's been making it a key point to mention "how'z big" the boom will be this year ("we have 200 freshmen"..."wait til we Merge"), in almost every topic and post. Carry yo arse with that failed reverse psychology crap...lol

Whatever Nicca! Lol

You have the wrong person my brother. I haven't posted a THING about the size of the band.

Right...lol

It's funn how these young guys act once they get out the band. They suddenly become music critics. News flash to all of you. Stop doing that dumb shit because folk who left the year before you said the same shit about your last years. And I'm not just talking about just the Boom im sure every band from high school to college does the same thing. You take on this attitude of critic of the program you just got of as if since your departure from the program or section you were in has gone down now your not in it.

I can say that that Trumpet section is on point to being one helluva section. All that he was talking about i don't know what he's talking about. That Tiger of San Padro puts that comment to rest. There were even freshman playing the feature. And as for that divide the parts up since when have they not played 3 part harmony? Maybe you transposed your 3rd part to play second or first but they have always played 3 parts.

9 out of 10 times these are folk who been kicked out the program or marched so long they had to leave the program. Honesty is good only when it's from an honest intent because the road to hell is paved with good intentions.

I can honestly tell you this. I sit on that other side every year a hear ex band members criticizing. But just as you do it and claim its in the spirit of trying t help them get better. I defended you from those preceding you. So if you want to help them get beyyer, be it the Boom the Juke or Sounds of Dynamite put your money where your mouth is and join the alumni association. Now,if I pissed you off oh the hell well unless you can prove to me you are a member of the booms alumni association. I'm am a paying member of the school and band. Go to the site and you will find my name on the list.

I totally agree man. Well said. I get tired of hearing the criticism as well.

I really don't care how big the band is.. In fact, I'm against big band. For JSU, anything more than 250 is too much. But it's good to have some cats waiting in the wings to get on the field in the coming years. One reason, i am against big bands is that times have changed and trying to transport, feed, house, and dress a big band is not economically feasible.

Hmm........so after SU had drone-action for 2 years, JSU all of a sudden wants to follow. lol
11960000_10100515958588423_804396393194260966_n.jpg

Back