JSU marching 339 The Notice has been served...clips

I guess you didn't read the Clarion-Ledger article dated August 28, 2015 with Dr. Meyer's QUOTED comment. I guess her comment meant that other people dropped balls instead jSU? The only other entity I can think of that could have dropped balls would be the State of Mississippi.

What from her statement suggests she was not talking about JSU dropping the ball?

I'm glad you are well inform on an resolution that was discussed by the IHL Board on August 20, 2015. Thanks for the early update.

This is the bottomline... The dorm will be built. ... we are renovating an existing dorm. We will have plenty of room for our next wave of students that will set the next enrollment record at JSU.

Thanks for your prayers and concerns.

Dude doing research on a state college board?! Are you kidding?! LOL!
How about taking time to research what Haymer's doing with all of su's fundraising money?
Hey he asked me to do it. LOL I was content just with the article that was posted on facebook.

This is the bottomline... The dorm will be built. ... we are renovating an existing dorm. We will have plenty of room for our next wave of students that will set the next enrollment record at JSU.

Thanks for your prayers and concerns.

Another wing and a prayer project...

Like I said, maybe she was referring to others dropping the ball.

She wasn't. She spoke to the faculty and staff about JSU dropped the ball. The QUEEN was not happy at all with what happened and took full responsibility. If the problem was a shortage of rooms, it could be a state problem. It was not. It was more of the office paperwork being a mess. You don't get students to pay room deposits and then say you don't have a room for them. Seems that internally, they didn't even know how many rooms in each dorm was free. It was certainly internal. A lot of people working in that area are new but rest assured, it won't happen again. Not on this scale.

I wasn't referring to your dorms, I was referring to your APR situation.
As far as a dorm situation, su's not growing in leaps and bounds like JSU, so your dorm situation shouldn't be a problem.
The problem JSU had was a "good" problem to have, now it's over and done with but su's APR situation still lingers.

But SU does have enough dormitories to at least accommodated over 10,000 students enrolled and SU's freshman class grew by 33% this year compared to last year, which is a significant increase in my opinion. And SU's current enrollment should be close to 8,000, which is a lot for most HBCU's. Some folks are too delusional to see the similarity in what their university is currently experiencing and when SU grew to an enrollment right at 13,000 students.

Last edited:
Another wing and a prayer project...

What you don't seem to get is that professionals run the college system in Mississippi. They will NOT like what just happened in Jackson. The new dorm is needed but also more parking, etc... A lot of money needs to be poured into JSU however, wise decisions will be made. They see the need for that dorm. The dorm will be built. We eventually will need enough housing on and around campus for at least 5000 students.

But SU does have enough dormitories to at least accommodated over 10,000 students enrolled and SU's freshman class grew by 33% this year compared to last year, which is a significant increase in my opinion. And SU's current enrollment should be close to 8,000, which is a lot most HBCU's. Some folks are too delusional to see the similarity in what their university is currently experiencing and when SU grew to an enrollment right at 13,000 students.

Im sure dorms have been torn down since then. JSU has even reduced the capacity of some of it's dorms. The dorm in lived in my freshmen year now only hold 1/2 of the people because they totally restructured the inside and they stopped putting people 3 to a room. So what you had in the days of Moses does not count right now.

Im sure dorms have been torn down since then. JSU has even reduced the capacity of some of it's dorms. The dorm in lived in my freshmen year now only hold 1/2 of the people because they totally restructured the inside and they stopped putting people 3 to a room. So what you had in the days of Moses does not count right now.

You do realize SU built more dorms than that was demolished. The Magnolia Triangle consisted of 7 dormitories and was replaced with 7 dorms with 3 of the new dorms being built as 3 separate buildings connected by a inside concourse. Therefore, it's more like they replaced 7 dorms with 13 dorms. I'm sure the rooms in the new dorms are a lot bigger, but the Magnolia Triangle only occupied two to a room, which is probably the same for the new dorms.

Where? Jag89 shouldn't be jealous. He was on the yard when we went over 10K and then 12K in the 80s passing Howard up as the largest HBCU for a couple of years. I think TxSU went to 15K plus one year.

Folks need to be thankful HBCU enrollments went up pretty much every school. Good sign. But all this jealousy I don't know. Can't help none of us who already have came and gone anyway. LOL. It's for the current students to enjoy and savor for their time.

Carry on

Where? Jag89 shouldn't be jealous. He was on the yard when we went over 10K and then 12K in the 80s passing Howard up as the largest HBCU for a couple of years. I think TxSU went to 15K plus one year.

Folks need to be thankful HBCU enrollments went up pretty much every school. Good sign. But all this jealousy I don't know. Can't help none of us who already have came and gone anyway. LOL. It's for the current students to enjoy and savor for their time.

Carry on

They equate asking serious questions about their housing situation and how they are planning to resolve future housing accommodations as the university continues to grow as being jealous and envy. If a university wants to piss its student body off, not being able to fully accommodate them with housing will do it. I still remember back in the 80’s there were a lot of us frustrated and mad at SU’s administration due to the housing situation on campus. I’m more jealous and envy of the way SU students are currently living on campus. The new dorms that they are now living in are a 110% better than the ones we were housed in and IMO we (students in the 80’s) pushed harder than any on making sure dormitories on SU's campus were upgraded and replaced.

They equate asking serious questions about their housing situation and how they are planning to resolve future housing accommodations as the university continues to grow as being jealous and envy. If a university wants to piss its student body off, not being able to fully accommodate them with housing will do it. I still remember back in the 80’s there were a lot of us frustrated and mad at SU’s administration due to the housing situation on campus. I’m more jealous and envy of the way SU students are currently living on campus. The new dorms that they are now living in are a 110% better than the ones we were housed in and IMO we (students in the 80’s) pushed harder than any on making sure dormitories on SU's campus were upgraded and replaced.
Dude, this is the BAND board, not small talk. One could understand if you talked about it for a minute or so but you're making a federal case out of something that's already been solved.

Dude, this is the BAND board, not small talk. One could understand if you talked about it for a minute or so but you're making a federal case out of something that's already been solved.

Thanks man!!! I'm glad the problem is solved. I was just asking a few simple questions to better understand the situation and how it was being handle. As I previously stated, I'm so glad you are on top of things at jSU.

I agree. That's why I stopped entertaining. This indeed is a band thread, I thought !!!

I see you all have been very busy researching JSU housing but What yall sleeping on Is not just Any band, but the boom marching 339 members into liberty bowl stadium next week ....that's what 9 cline tours !!!! Smh. What a classic weekend next week will be in Memphis !!

Back