JSU marching 339 The Notice has been served...clips

So are you saying jSU should remain quiet and continue to grow with very little support from the State??? IMO, jSU should have every news media on its campus showing them how the State has intentionally unfunded the school's needs. Also, jSU's administration should push for rallies at the State capital requesting that the State meets the needs of the university and its rapid growth rate. Being quiet would only allow the State to find ways to not fund the university properly.
Good idea but do to the fact that IHL made sure they didn't fund many projects even at UM and MSU so it would be hard to prove they are short cutting JSU. Jsu did not keep quiet, what are you saying. No one is stopping you from donating anything. It's just when it comes to building dorms it's a usual process to seek state funds first as does every other state own institution. And when you seek funds from them you don't have to tell the world, but at the same time it's still not a secret because that school still has to repay the loan in which alumni will end up footing the bill, hell MSU does it all the time . They make everything seem like it was raised by there alumnus. Even there renovation to there stadium borrowed $50 million. One one asked about them going public with a stadium and not dorms. The dorms didn't need public funds directly but as you donate to the school those funds will help pay what was borrowed but they needed the $49 million upfront. Just by going public with that they were not going to get $49 million from donations all by the time it is needed so they would borrow it upfront from the state and again as I said our donations over a period of time will help pay off the loan. Plain and simple.

Your right that's what was floating around but the president said Herself the other day that the dorm is a done deal. It was approved , I think they are waiting now on the design. They want it to be real nice. I remember her saying they are debating now whether to have one big building or multiple units. It's suppose to include 600+ beds, cafeteria and conference center. Also what's not included on that price tag but will be in that area is a new parking garage . It's on the IHL list for JSU 2016 budget year and also a new band hall for marching band down by the fire station. Students complaining about noise around the main dorms and library. The dorms and parking garage are to start right beside the mason hall and go back to university blvd. the band hall is suppose to be where the fire station is and the new school of public health will be behide sleep inn but cross the street, I think thats a bail bond place and a mechanic shop.
http://www.clarionledger.com/story/news/2015/08/28/jackson-state-housing-cleared/71315672/

"In March 2014, the College Board gave JSU the go-ahead to appoint design professionals for a $48 million, 628-bed housing complex, dining hall and conference center on campus. The funding for construction of the complex has not yet been approved."

Honestly the state is not obligated to meet growth needs every year. It's only obligated to meet those needs like every 5 years. It's the schools responsibility to not over do yourself until time permits. For ex if the every school in Mississippi just say we gone increase enrollment without seeing what appropriations Will be available in the upcoming years from IHL. You have to come up with a plan even if one or two years you do not increase enrollment. Schools often time have to keep enrollment the same for A few years until they are able to accomendate. Most schools make preparations for enrollment increase before the admit more than they can handle. Common sense.

They have the designs they are debating which would be best the single unit or multiple. Ground is to be broke in October . If that will help you understand that's it's forward process.

So are you saying the dorms will be ready by next school year??? Do you know the construction time for the project??? From October 2015 to August 2016 is a very short window for a major construction project.

Good idea but do to the fact that IHL made sure they didn't fund many projects even at UM and MSU so it would be hard to prove they are short cutting JSU. Jsu did not keep quiet, what are you saying. No one is stopping you from donating anything. It's just when it comes to building dorms it's a usual process to seek state funds first as does every other state own institution. And when you seek funds from them you don't have to tell the world, but at the same time it's still not a secret because that school still has to repay the loan in which alumni will end up footing the bill, hell MSU does it all the time . They make everything seem like it was raised by there alumnus. Even there renovation to there stadium borrowed $50 million. One one asked about them going public with a stadium and not dorms. The dorms didn't need public funds directly but as you donate to the school those funds will help pay what was borrowed but they needed the $49 million upfront. Just by going public with that they were not going to get $49 million from donations all by the time it is needed so they would borrow it upfront from the state and again as I said our donations over a period of time will help pay off the loan. Plain and simple.

As long as we are seeing growth its best we just hush and support.

I guess I misread what you meant by the word "hush".

http://www.clarionledger.com/story/news/2015/08/28/jackson-state-housing-cleared/71315672/

"In March 2014, the College Board gave JSU the go-ahead to appoint design professionals for a $48 million, 628-bed housing complex, dining hall and conference center on campus. The funding for construction of the complex has not yet been approved."
You went and found a old azz article to prove what ?!? Yea in MARCH 2014 funding wasn't secured but this is August 2015 !!! But hell when you see the dorms hell you'll see them. Now back to JSU marching 339. I can't wait to see the boom in the stands. I know with Little as head JSU will remain balanced. He doesn't believe in cranking if all aren't able to do so.

You went and found a old azz article to prove what ?!? Yea in MARCH 2014 funding wasn't secured but this is August 2015 !!! But hell when you see the dorms hell you'll see them. Now back to JSU marching 339. I can't wait to see the boom in the stands. I know with Little as head JSU will remain balanced. He doesn't believe in cranking if all aren't able to do so.
The article is dated August 28, 2015. Did you even click the link?

I guess I misread what you meant by the word "hush".
My bad. I was just saying I know sometimes we can complain or even voice our opinion at the wrong times. Of course everything not going to be perfect but until show signs of no growth then we should continue to let the administration know we are still on them like white on rice but we do appreciate there continues efforts thus far because believe it or not there some hbcus that's are not as fortunate as we have been. Some presidents are under handedly selling there schools out just for few extra dollars. That's all I was saying.

The article is dated August 28, 2015. Did you even click the link?
I didn't have to click it. I read the actual article about them getting support from IHL but no funding . I read the actual article back in 2014. It doesn't matter when it was REPOSTED. All that matters is back in 2014 March there were no funding. I'm telling you now that there is. IHL is not who right checks. For future reference do your own research on JSU and not through CL. Back in 2012 CL said JSU was going to use $49 million of its own money without help of state. They write anything a bout JSU. Sometimes JSU doesn't even know what there writing. That's why Dr. Myers did not have open door policies with CL during football season. And also that's why they are on the edge of loosing there accreditation also they keep having to hire new chief editors. CL about like JPD, incompetent

So are you saying the dorms will be ready by next school year??? Do you know the construction time for the project??? From October 2015 to August 2016 is a very short window for a major construction project.
Hey I'm just saying what the president said the other day when she was saying JSU has accomendated all students this semester . I even asked my girl about did she think it could be built within one year n she said it depends on the money . She is a engineering major but I was like that makes sense because they built those apartments cross from student center in less than a year . She was like as long as JSU does bullshit with the funds it can be done. She was like some construction companies have larger projects than that and with smaller time frames so it's all about the money.

One more question jim....When will the dorms receive funding???

This is what I'm talking about when I said that someone dropped the ball. It seems like jSU's administration, not the State dropped the ball. I'm sure the State will say that jSU's administration spent way too much time on lobbying for a domed stadium instead of its immediate housing needs.

Meyers did not elaborate on the exact cause of the gridlock during the College Board meeting other than to say, “There were things we could have done better. Obviously, balls were dropped.” The vice president of housing has since left his position with the school.

I didn't have to click it. I read the actual article about them getting support from IHL but no funding . I read the actual article back in 2014. It doesn't matter when it was REPOSTED. All that matters is back in 2014 March there were no funding. I'm telling you now that there is. IHL is not who right checks. For future reference do your own research on JSU and not through CL. Back in 2012 CL said JSU was going to use $49 million of its own money without help of state. They write anything a bout JSU. Sometimes JSU doesn't even know what there writing. That's why Dr. Myers did not have open door policies with CL during football season. And also that's why they are on the edge of loosing there accreditation also they keep having to hire new chief editors. CL about like JPD, incompetent
OK show me where YOU researched to find the FUNDING approval. Thanks

Hey I'm just saying what the president said the other day when she was saying JSU has accomendated all students this semester . I even asked my girl about did she think it could be built within one year n she said it depends on the money . She is a engineering major but I was like that makes sense because they built those apartments cross from student center in less than a year . She was like as long as JSU does bullshit with the funds it can be done. She was like some construction companies have larger projects than that and with smaller time frames so it's all about the money.

But what 'if' they are not built within a year (less than 365 days), does jSU have a plan in place to accommodate its current growth rate??? And yes some projects have taken less time, but unforeseen circumstances can occur. I hope the surrounding infrastructure (water, sewer, electricity, etc.) doesn't need to be upgraded to support the additional facilities. If so, that might require more time to complete the project.

Last edited:
They have the designs they are debating which would be best the single unit or multiple. Ground is to be broke in October . If that will help you understand that's it's forward process.
Why are you explaining this to some of these folks?:smh:

This takes the attention off of their struggling programs. JSU's in excellent shape compared to most HBCU's. Who wouldn't want to have a problem of having too much rather than too little?
That problem's taken care of as we speak and 98 percent of students have housing.

Fact of the matter is JSU's growing in various areas. Our stadium's stable and we OWN Memorial. Our band's growing at leaps and bounds and our student population is growing at an exponential rate.
That's all they need to know.

Last edited:
Im not about to read all of this BUT Jackson State is fine. All of our students are housed AND one of the problems this year is that we have a dorm that is closed right now due to renovation. I am not sure if anyone mentioned that but if that dorm had been open, we probably never would have made the news. Those renovations will certainly be done by next year. Also, I don't know about what you all posting back and forth about but our President has said that our new dorm will be up sooner than later.

One more question jim....When will the dorms receive funding???

This is what I'm talking about when I said that someone dropped the ball. It seems like jSU's administration, not the State dropped the ball. I'm sure the State will say that jSU's administration spent way too much time on lobbying for a domed stadium instead of its immediate housing needs.

JSU dropped the ball. No one ever said that. All of our kids are housed. That's not the problem. The problem is how things were handled. That is why the dude got fired. They took housing applications and deposit and did not honor them or make sure they were complete.

Also, how were we not paying attention to our immediate housing needs? We are renovating a dorm on campus, we are purchasing an apartment complex and leasing to area hotels, and we have a dorm with approval to be built. We used the apt complex and an area hotel last year too.

OK research done. Read item 4 beginning on page 32 of the PDF. August meeting

http://www.mississippi.edu/board/downloads/boardbooks/1508.pdf

JSU dropped the ball. No one ever said that. All of our kids are housed. That's not the problem. The problem is how things were handled. That is why the dude got fired. They took housing applications and deposit and did not honor them or make sure they were complete.

Also, how were we not paying attention to our immediate housing needs? We are renovating a dorm on campus, we are purchasing an apartment complex and leasing to area hotels, and we have a dorm with approval to be built. We used the apt complex and an area hotel last year too.

I guess you didn't read the Clarion-Ledger article dated August 28, 2015 with Dr. Meyer's QUOTED comment. I guess her comment meant that other people dropped balls instead jSU? The only other entity I can think of that could have dropped balls would be the State of Mississippi.

Meyers did not elaborate on the exact cause of the gridlock during the College Board meeting other than to say, “There were things we could have done better. Obviously, balls were dropped.” The vice president of housing has since left his position with the school.

I guess you didn't read the Clarion-Ledger article dated August 28, 2015 with Dr. Meyer's QUOTED comment. I guess her comment meant that other people dropped balls instead jSU? The only other entity I can think of that could have dropped balls would be the State of Mississippi.
Who keeps dropping the ball at su?

Actually, SU has its dorm situation taken care of with recently built dormitories. So does Grambling. That wasn't the case when I was in school.
I wasn't referring to your dorms, I was referring to your APR situation.
As far as a dorm situation, su's not growing in leaps and bounds like JSU, so your dorm situation shouldn't be a problem.
The problem JSU had was a "good" problem to have, now it's over and done with but su's APR situation still lingers.

Back