JSU marching 339 The Notice has been served...clips

I'm proud to see jsu at 339, but just a couple of things that worry me that I know will be addressed by doc little. Those trumpets need to play together. with more of them comes greater responsibility to really keep it crisp... not everyone needs to be a screamer, first trumpet, second trumpet etc. Divide those parts up and play together!!!! I hear to many individuals sticking out to be loud.... balance of parts will bring out the trumpets more in this band. last thing, tempo.. watch your drum majors!!! there were times where it dragged.. Overall good solid performance to my boom! it's early, things won't be crisp until September.. these guys have a bigger responsibility for a band their size... I want balance and I know doc little will fix the sound and have them ready.... Can't wait to see their field shows!!!! good job boom !!!! luv the boom !!! it's time to take over he swac for real now.

I'm proud to see jsu at 339, but just a couple of things that worry me that I know will be addressed by doc little. Those trumpets need to play together. with more of them comes greater responsibility to really keep it crisp... not everyone needs to be a screamer, first trumpet, second trumpet etc. Divide those parts up and play together!!!! I hear to many individuals sticking out to be loud.... balance of parts will bring out the trumpets more in this band. last thing, tempo.. watch your drum majors!!! there were times where it dragged.. Overall good solid performance to my boom! it's early, things won't be crisp until September.. these guys have a bigger responsibility for a band their size... I want balance and I know doc little will fix the sound and have them ready.... Can't wait to see their field shows!!!! good job boom !!!! luv the boom !!! it's time to take over he swac for real now.
I don't know if you were there or not,but one thing us old boomers noticed is how balanced it was! That's exactly what we were listening for! Also I think the band was watching the directors(who were located way up in the stands) moreso than the drum majors! In a regular venue where they can actually see the conductor,they'll be fine!

11891208_1053014338044851_7096140385650428289_n.jpg

Now had this been Southern we all know y'all would have been on Defcon 1 with the smack.

It's funn how these young guys act once they get out the band. They suddenly become music critics. News flash to all of you. Stop doing that dumb shit because folk who left the year before you said the same shit about your last years. And I'm not just talking about just the Boom im sure every band from high school to college does the same thing. You take on this attitude of critic of the program you just got of as if since your departure from the program or section you were in has gone down now your not in it.

I can say that that Trumpet section is on point to being one helluva section. All that he was talking about i don't know what he's talking about. That Tiger of San Padro puts that comment to rest. There were even freshman playing the feature. And as for that divide the parts up since when have they not played 3 part harmony? Maybe you transposed your 3rd part to play second or first but they have always played 3 parts.

9 out of 10 times these are folk who been kicked out the program or marched so long they had to leave the program. Honesty is good only when it's from an honest intent because the road to hell is paved with good intentions.

I can honestly tell you this. I sit on that other side every year a hear ex band members criticizing. But just as you do it and claim its in the spirit of trying t help them get better. I defended you from those preceding you. So if you want to help them get beyyer, be it the Boom the Juke or Sounds of Dynamite put your money where your mouth is and join the alumni association. Now,if I pissed you off oh the hell well unless you can prove to me you are a member of the booms alumni association. I'm am a paying member of the school and band. Go to the site and you will find my name on the list.

It's funn how these young guys act once they get out the band. They suddenly become music critics. News flash to all of you. Stop doing that dumb shit because folk who left the year before you said the same shit about your last years. And I'm not just talking about just the Boom im sure every band from high school to college does the same thing. You take on this attitude of critic of the program you just got of as if since your departure from the program or section you were in has gone down now your not in it.

I can say that that Trumpet section is on point to being one helluva section. All that he was talking about i don't know what he's talking about. That Tiger of San Padro puts that comment to rest. There were even freshman playing the feature. And as for that divide the parts up since when have they not played 3 part harmony? Maybe you transposed your 3rd part to play second or first but they have always played 3 parts.

9 out of 10 times these are folk who been kicked out the program or marched so long they had to leave the program. Honesty is good only when it's from an honest intent because the road to hell is paved with good intentions.

I can honestly tell you this. I sit on that other side every year a hear ex band members criticizing. But just as you do it and claim its in the spirit of trying t help them get better. I defended you from those preceding you. So if you want to help them get beyyer, be it the Boom the Juke or Sounds of Dynamite put your money where your mouth is and join the alumni association. Now,if I pissed you off oh the hell well unless you can prove to me you are a member of the booms alumni association. I'm am a paying member of the school and band. Go to the site and you will find my name on the list.
They don't know any better man! Can't please them all and from me and the members of the current sonic boom,we all say,"fuckem."

:D

Back