How many of you in here are feeling 'the bern' (Bernie Sanders)

The young generation feels entitlement programs are the key to success. They don't want to earn anything. They have been taught me,me and me. For this to be the most educated group ever, they lack common sense. Book knowledge is great, but the common sense carries you further.
That character trait isn't instinctive. That's how they were raised. I'm a millenial, and I have a lot of friends who didn't have to lift a finger while growing up because their parents did everything for them. Some have done well in life so far and others haven't. But it's enough of them that didn't do well that makes it concerning.

That previous generation as you mentioned had it so rough, that they thought they were doing their kids a favor by protecting them from hard work and struggle;.....just get them through college, and they'll get a good job and they'll be alright. Those parents assumed that hard work and integrity was an instinctive character trait for their child, like they thought it was for them. Kids have to be molded into individuals who want to earn their keep.

This is why I tell black folks they can't blame millenials for problems they didn't cause. Most of the folks born after 1980 were brought up during the crack era, and the ones born in the late 80s/early 90s had it even worse.

The one's who didn't grow up struggling were raised by 2 parent households. So basically you were either left hung out to dry by your parents or coddled too much by your parents.

Just wait til all the kids born after 2010 get older...

Reactions: J C

This is why I tell black folks they can't blame millenials for problems they didn't cause. Most of the folks born after 1980 were brought up during the crack era, and the ones born in the late 80s/early 90s had it even worse.

The one's who didn't grow up struggling were raised by 2 parent households. So basically you were either left hung out to dry by your parents or coddled too much by your parents.

Just wait til all the kids born after 2010 get older...
Hold up pimp. I was raised by two parents who both worked and beat the hell out of us. lol.

Crack babies are the ones who had all these bad azz kids doing the robbing and killing. These meth babies really gonna be hell.

Obama says "yes we can" and black folks have widespread collective orgasms. Bernie Sanders says "a future we can believe in" with most of the same policies and black people groan and look in the other direction.

Black folks don't vote for policies. We vote for familiar people who make us feel good. It reminds me of a quote from The American President:

"People want leadership. And in the absence of genuine leadership, they will listen to anyone who steps up to the microphone. They want leadership, Mr. President. They’re so thirsty for it, they’ll crawl through the desert toward a mirage, and when they discover there’s no water, they’ll drink the sand.

We’ve had Presidents who were beloved, who couldn’t find a coherent sentence with two hands and a flashlight. People don’t drink the sand because they’re thirsty, Lewis. They drink it because they don’t know the difference."

Bernie won't be able to get all his policies through Congress. No president does. But Hillary is sand. Black folks should be tired of drinking the sand by now.

I understand free health care. I have no problem paying more or what ever for access to it. I understand welfare and subsidiaries for housing.I understand public schools and will gladly support taxes for it. What I can't support is paying for college for free. I worked and got a job to make it. I can't support folks wanting everything free. Nope can't do it. I can support minimum wage at $9-10 a hour, but not at $20. People go into business to survive, not to make others comfortable.

What do you all see in this decrepit "old man"? The "old man" doesn't have a record to run on! He's running on talking points nothing else!

Now Sanders is courting the black vote, that's like an old white prostitute walking the streets in a black neighborhood looking for Johns! No one has never seen Sanders at a black church or a black person's funeral. The "old man" is seeing votes, NOT people!

Now Sanders is courting the black vote, that's like an old white prostitute walking the streets in a black neighborhood looking for Johns! No one has never seen Sanders at a black church or a black person's funeral. The "old man" is seeing votes, NOT people!

So HRC hasn't been trying to do the same thing?

I doubt if Sanders supporters even watch the Democratic debates. The last debate, Sanders was coughing, grimacing, rising his hands to speak like a child and drinking plenty of water, I think the guy is sick. All Sanders does is compare the USA to other countries and what they have. Those countries don't have the demographics as the USA, they don't police the world like the USA and they don't have a history of slavery like the USA. Sanders is running a campaign of CHANGE in 2016, how can a person that old live long enough to see CHANGE in his lifetime?

Last edited:
What do you all see in this decrepit "old man"? The "old man" doesn't have a record to run on! He's running on talking points nothing else!

And what has Hillary done for black people?

And what has Hillary done for black people?
The reason we have many of the 1% blacks in modern times is because of Clinton policies. The key is policies that don't hurt us as a whole. No matter how we try to spin it or ignore the poor family members we have our community suffers when blacks as a whole unit have policies geared to kill the poor. The reason being unless we have a national product such as a I-phone or car to sale as a business most of the money in our communities to be made circulates thru black.

The reason we have many of the 1% blacks in modern times is because of Clinton policies. The key is policies that don't hurt us as a whole. No matter how we try to spin it or ignore the poor family members we have our community suffers when blacks as a whole unit have policies geared to kill the poor. The reason being unless we have a national product such as a I-phone or car to sale as a business most of the money in our communities to be made circulates thru black.

What has Hillary done for black folks?

Let's be honest. None of these candidates are good for black people. None. On either side.

Until we start making demands as a collective and financing candidates at the local and senate level, national politicians will look at us as just another handshake on the campaign trail.

What has Hillary done for black folks?

Let's be honest. None of these candidates are good for black people. None. On either side.

Until we start making demands as a collective and financing candidates at the local and senate level, national politicians will look at us as just another handshake on the campaign trail.
I agree. But we do know that any will be better for Black America than any of the Republican candidates. We need to figure out which candidate will have the least negative impact on us....that can vary from person to person, but who ever you should decide on, you need to go to the polls and vote for that person. No write in's. You too, @jsupop33. I joke about writing someone in all the time, but I'm gonna think long and hard about it and make a decision for the primaries. Right now I'm leaning towards HRC.

Lol.. Trump and Cruz would leave no choice but to vote HRC... Them jokers are staunch crazy. Cruz being worst. I actually think Donald is just playing a character

Obama says "yes we can" and black folks have widespread collective orgasms. Bernie Sanders says "a future we can believe in" with most of the same policies and black people groan and look in the other direction.

Black folks don't vote for policies. We vote for familiar people who make us feel good. It reminds me of a quote from The American President:

"People want leadership. And in the absence of genuine leadership, they will listen to anyone who steps up to the microphone. They want leadership, Mr. President. They’re so thirsty for it, they’ll crawl through the desert toward a mirage, and when they discover there’s no water, they’ll drink the sand.

We’ve had Presidents who were beloved, who couldn’t find a coherent sentence with two hands and a flashlight. People don’t drink the sand because they’re thirsty, Lewis. They drink it because they don’t know the difference."

Bernie won't be able to get all his policies through Congress. No president does. But Hillary is sand. Black folks should be tired of drinking the sand by now.

At least Obama's plans were realistic and many got implemented in some way. No way we get the free 4-year college for everyone that Sanders is promising.

At least Obama's plans were realistic and many got implemented in some way. No way we get the free 4-year college for everyone that Sanders is promising.
Not under this current system. He would have to fundamentally change the system and institute price controls. Lol... If the government agreed to pay 100% of tuition without price controls, schools would jack up tuition so high and the for profits would get even worse. The moment he proposed price controls, they would be marching with signs of him looking like Josef Stalin

I'm gonna be real. If America starts giving away free college tuition I'm going to one of the first to file a class action lawsuit for my money to be returned for my degrees. Just being real. Give me mines back.

Same thing was said about a health care overhaul. But guess what didn't get implemented? The public option. So guess what would happen to the "free" college proposal? It would get watered down into something that's a win-win than maintaining the status quo.

You don't vote for Bernie because you want free college to get implemented. You do it so the issue of rising costs will get addressed. Under HRC, that is less likely.

Same thing was said about a health care overhaul. But guess what didn't get implemented? The public option. So guess what would happen to the "free" college proposal? It would get watered down into something that's a win-win than maintaining the status quo.

You don't vote for Bernie because you want free college to get implemented. You do it so the issue of rising costs will get addressed. Under HRC, that is less likely.
Totally different from healthcare legislation in the way it is (planned to be) paid for. And yall act like Hillary hasn't also introduced bills and plans to aid in college costs. Pretty much every issue has been discussed by each of them, just in different ways. They both say it in their debates LOL

And I never said who I plan to vote for in my state's primary.

Back