How many of you in here are feeling 'the bern' (Bernie Sanders)

Same thing was said about a health care overhaul. But guess what didn't get implemented? The public option..
The Affordable Care Act was never intended to have a public option. Obama said from the get go that even at the Federal level, he couldn't achieve coverage for every single American. That's why asked each state to expand its Medicaid coverage to account for that group of uninsured people. Some states did and some didn't. It seems that you may live in a Red state much like myself. FL still has a large population of uninsured, but the numbers have noticeably declined.

Hillary Clinton Picks Up Major Endorsement Of Top South Carolina Democrat 5 / 22

The Huffington Post
Eliot Nelson4 hrs ago

COLUMBIA, S.C. -- Hillary Clinton's campaign scored a major endorsement Friday when Rep. James Clyburn, the third-ranking Democrat in the House of Representatives and the unofficial dean of South Carolina's Democratic Party, endorsed Clinton's presidential campaign.

The endorsement came during a press conference at Allen University.

Clyburn, who has previously served as House Majority Whip and chair of the Congressional Black Caucus, is a deeply revered figure among the state's black community.

In addition to serving 12 terms in Congress, Clyburn began his political career as a civil rights activist in the state, leading his local NAACP chapter at the age of 12 and playing a central role organizing against the state's Jim Crow laws while studying at South Carolina State College, a historically black institution.

The endorsement, first reported by The State Thursday night, comes at a crucial juncture for the Clinton campaign. Democratic voters are set to caucus on Saturday in Nevada, where a sizable number of the party's caucusgoers are African-American. Moreover, it comes just over a week before Democratic voters cast their primary ballots in South Carolina, a majority of whose Democratic voters are African-American.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...lina-democrat/ar-BBpHDRy?li=BBnb7Kz&ocid=iehp

I'm gonna be real. If America starts giving away free college tuition I'm going to one of the first to file a class action lawsuit for my money to be returned for my degrees. Just being real. Give me mines back.

Currently scholarships are given to your blue chip athletes and the brightest students. Sanders will be giving scholarships to everyone. Will room and board be include with the scholarships? Sanders has yet to say.

Last edited:
Currently scholarships are given to your blue chip athletes and the brightest students. Sanders will be giving scholarships to everyone. Will room and board be include with the scholarships? Sanders has yet to say.

The bill he introduced was for tuition. Other financial aid for housing

BREAKING NEWS

Politics
Feb 20 2016, 5:15 pm ET

Clinton Edges Sanders for Nevada Win, NBC News Projects

by Carrie Dann

Hillary Clinton will win Nevada's Democratic caucuses, NBC News projects, scoring a much-needed boost in the nomination race and depriving rival Bernie Sanders of a victory in a racially diverse state.
The loss is a blow for Sanders, who hoped to use the state's contest to prove himself as a viable candidate in a state with an electorate made up of more minority voters and fewer self-described liberals than the race's earlier contests in Iowa and New Hampshire.
Days in advance of the notoriously unpredictable contest Saturday afternoon, the former secretary of state's team had tried to downplay the significance of the Nevada results amid concerns that Sanders would pull off a win. But Clinton ultimately gathered a coalition of minority voters, self-identified Democrats and union workers to fuel her victory.
Unlike in the race's earlier primary elections, campaigns and the press were flying relatively blind going into the day's caucuses, with little reliable polling available for the state's quirky weekend mid-day caucuses.

Clinton Edges Sanders for Nevada Win, NBC News Projects - NBC News

A pretty convincing win for Clinton. She avoids what would have been a real embarrassment and now she moves into the firewall area where she is going to rack up impressive victories and the Democratic nomination. The "old man" ought to quit because he is giving false hopes to dreamers. Sanders supporters could get discouraged seeing him crash and burn in the coming weeks.

Im voting deval Patrick. We need that brother to save us from hillary clinton and donald trump.

Stop being a rebel young brother, your time will come. You young bruhz will need to be season a little first before y'all time comes. Remember this, Roman wasn't built in a day. Young Black folks of today remind me of my generation when we were in college. When I was in college in the 80's, it was South Africa Apartheid and rediscovering Malcolm X's teachings, whereas today it is the Black Lives Matter Movement and rediscovering the social good the Black Panther Party did in poor communities along with Black Pride and exercising their 2nd Amendment Constitutional Rights by policing the police. We are both (the old and the young) on the same path to change, but us old folks have come to realized that "dripping water hollows out stone, not through force but through PERSISTENCE".

Last edited:
But young black voters are not yet “feeling the Bern” to the same degree that other millennials are, as a poll published last week in The Washington Post pointed out. According to the accompanying article:

“Much has been made of Sanders’s popularity with younger voters, and Clinton’s struggles to connect with millennials. Among black voters age 18-29, the gap between Sanders and Clinton is indeed narrower. But younger black voters still rate Clinton more favorably than Sanders.”

But the poll points out an even bigger problem for Sanders among black voters than millennials, and that’s his lack of support among black women who “comprise a disproportionate segment of the black electorate.

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2016/02/2...ck.html?smid=tw-nytopinion&smtyp=cur&referer=

So how do you convince a YOUNG brother like jsupop33 that a write-in vote of someone he likes instead of voting for Hillary Clinton is like voting for one of those bat crap crazy Republican candidates (Trump, Cruz, Rubio) in the general election?

Last edited:
So how do you convince a YOUNG person like jsupop33 that a write-in vote of someone he likes instead of voting for Hillary Clinton is like voting for one of those bat crap crazy Republican candidates (Trump, Cruz, Rubio) in the general election?

I don't think it's the job of anyone but the candidates to convince the public to vote for them.

I don't think it's the job of anyone but the candidates to convince the public to vote for them.

In that case, all supporters of whichever candidate should remove their signs, bump stickers, flyers, pins, etc. so they don't used those items as means of convincing anyone to vote for a candidate. Maybe Kenn shouldn't have started this thread. The candidates are only one person themselves, I'm sure they use others to convince others. Enough of this talking head crap, @jsupop33 if you write-in a candidate instead of voting for the Democratic candidate in the general election, it would be like voting for one of those bat crap crazy Republican candidates (Trump, Cruz, Rubio).

Last edited:
In that case, all supporters of whichever candidate should remove their signs, bump stickers, flyers, pins, etc. so they don't used those items as means of convincing anyone to vote for a candidate. Maybe Kenn shouldn't have started this thread. The candidates are only one person themselves, I'm sure they use others to convince others. Enough of this talking head crap, @jsupop33 if you write-in a candidate instead of voting for the Democratic candidate in the general election, it would be like voting for one of those bat crap crazy Republican candidates (Trump, Cruz, Rubio).

If your only argument against voting for for a write-in candidate would be supporting candidates on the other side of the ballot who are "bat crap crazy," then that's no worse than voting for a write-in candidate, especially when there are voters who believe no one running for President connects with their collective interests or has the country's best interest at heart.

If your only argument against voting for for a write-in candidate would be supporting candidates on the other side of the ballot who are "bat crap crazy," then that's no worse than voting for a write-in candidate, especially when there are voters who believe no one running for President connects with their collective interests or has the country's best interest at heart.

Okay!!! I bet you are glad you were able to type/talk all those words. Some of these senseless conversations are like watching a dog chase his tail and then somehow he realizes there's another tail on the other side of him that he can chase. Like always, eccentric people love attention.

Last edited:

If the most compelling argument people can make for Hillary Clinton is that she is better than Donald Trump, Ted Cruz and Marco Rubio (crazy, crazy, fraud), it really is a testament of bad shape we are in as a country. I have no doubt that Hillary Clinton will be our next president at this point. She is going to destroy this country.

Americans are being asked to choose between heroin and crack basically. A Donald Trump presidency would be equivalent to the entire country getting a crack addiction, a Hillary Clinton presidency would be like the entire country getting a Heroin addiction. Cruz would be like putting a gun to our head and pulling the trigger

If the most compelling argument people can make for Hillary Clinton is that she is better than Donald Trump, Ted Cruz and Marco Rubio (crazy, crazy, fraud), it really is a testament of bad shape we are in as a country. I have no doubt that Hillary Clinton will be our next president at this point. She is going to destroy this country.

Americans are being asked to choose between heroin and crack basically. A Donald Trump presidency would be equivalent to the entire country getting a crack addiction, a Hillary Clinton presidency would be like the entire country getting a Heroin addiction. Cruz would be like putting a gun to our head and pulling the trigger

You sound like them same Ninjas who decided to abstain from voting when Jimmy Carter ran for his second term and Reagan took over with his special Black folks hammer. I guess Reagan's past history as Governor of California wasn't enough for them to get out and vote.

Thanks to "black folks", Hillary wins South Carolina in a landslide! Burn Bernie burn! :)

I'm trying to follow you and see your point, but what are you supposing Hillary is going to do so bad that it will destroy this country? I might ass Ronald Regan started that in in 1980. Just saying.

I'm trying to follow you and see your point, but what are you supposing Hillary is going to do so bad that it will destroy this country? I might ass Ronald Regan started that in in 1980. Just saying.
I think she will be a bad president. I dont think she is trusthworthy at all. She will be a dictator. I am willing to bet we go to war in her first year because of her personal feelings. She is also about to give these feminists a new level of power. I dont see brothers benefitting from Hillary Clinton admin.

Back