House of Payne

One question, though:

Y'all think it'll make 100 episodes considering the first few shows???
As long as he can say 'focus groups'. Otherwise, it won't last. He needs to have regular (black, white and otherwsie) folks screen and critique the show for comedic and life-issue based clarity. If it's not reaching us on that first level, comedically, it certainly won't reach others.

Being driven by faith has nothing to do with the theatrics of what's been seen so far in this series. I'm talking about the point-less dialogue, the "bucking-of-the-eyes" that elder Payne does all of the time. The way a remotely disfunctional situational family would react in those same situations would bode for better realistic comedy! Now I'm trying not to berate the brother for his success but to survive in the tv world he has to do better! I've seen some of the same people on here bash BET for it's content but praise Perry for pretty much the same type of content!

That's just MY opinion!!!!!!!!!!

Being driven by faith has nothing to do with the theatrics of what's been seen so far in this series. I'm talking about the point-less dialogue, the "bucking-of-the-eyes" that elder Payne does all of the time. The way a remotely disfunctional situational family would react in those same situations would bode for better realistic comedy! Now I'm trying not to berate the brother for his success but to survive in the tv world he has to do better! I've seen some of the same people on here bash BET for it's content but praise Perry for pretty much the same type of content!

Pretty much.

I didn't wanna say nothing but that pretty much sums it up.

I watched this last night for the first time and it didn't really hold my attention. I'll watch it some more to see if it's something I'll put on my TV schedule.

Although when that little girl started singing when she was saying her prayers....I :lol:.

I was listening to the Foxhole on Sirius Radio. Jamie Foxx had Cedric the Entertainer on the show and his regular side kicks. Jamie was giving Tyler Perry props when his side kicks laid into show. Jamie was trying to keep it cool but they trashed the show big time. Ced kept saying maybe it will get better but he needs to hire better writers and actors.

I was listening to the Foxhole on Sirius Radio. Jamie Foxx had Cedric the Entertainer on the show and his regular side kicks. Jamie was giving Tyler Perry props when his side kicks laid into show. Jamie was trying to keep it cool but they trashed the show big tim. Ced kept saying maybe it will get better but he needs to hire better writers and actors.

I think the Husband/Wife really don't fit the show. It's alot of overacting, but maybe it will get better with time.:tup:

The first show was the worst. To me, you are gonna have to watch it because this show is sorta like a serial (a soap opera) rather than a situational comedy. Nothing is situational about this show.

I just believe all these folks are not used to acting on tv. You can tell they have no tv acting experience at all. Allen Payne's acting is even different than what I'm used to seeing him as.

Overall, I believe last night's shows were better than the weeks prior. I'm anxious to how they progress, as times goes on. He's STILL set as a Season Pass on my DVR. I'll continue to watch. :nod:

I was listening to the Foxhole on Sirius Radio. Jamie Foxx had Cedric the Entertainer on the show and his regular side kicks. Jamie was giving Tyler Perry props when his side kicks laid into show. Jamie was trying to keep it cool but they trashed the show big time. Ced kept saying maybe it will get better but he needs to hire better writers and actors.

wow.

um i just realized a part of what i do not like about the show. that damn little girl, Jazz. i mean there is a difference between being sassy and out right disrespectful. it seems as if her character is meant to be sassy, but she comes across very disrespectful, and the adults on the show (in character) are ok with it. like when she came in the house, and yelled, "LEAVE ME ALONE..." i wasn't feeling that at all, black kids don't do that, lol.

It seems if the show does not have a live studio audience or something. When they are in a play they feed off of the crowd. If they are not in front of a crowd like it seems, they cannot tell if what they are doing is funny.

Ok I am trying to stay with this show but it is not good.

Is anyone still watching?

The show has actually improved. The writing is a little better, and they have added new actors to the show. So, it's starting to look a little bit more believeable to be a real show.

Is anyone still watching?

The show has actually improved. The writing is a little better, and they have added new actors to the show. So, it's starting to look a little bit more believeable to be a real show.

Yeah, it was ok last night.

Xhale, Critical,

I did happen to catch it last night and it has improved. It is getting better like someone said it would , but the fire house scenes in the station house are still kind of wack. I still don't like the fat white guy or the other light skinned brotha. The chemistry still ain't right.

I almost wish the other Jazmine had been his daughter.

Xhale, Critical,

I did happen to catch it last night and it has improved. It is getting better like someone said it would , but the fire house scenes in the station house are still kind of wack. I still don't like the fat white guy or the other light skinned brotha. The chemistry still ain't right.

I almost wish the other Jazmine had been his daughter.

I was hoping so also. Seems like that would have changed the story line up and made it more interesting.

Back