House of Payne

I was hoping so also. Seems like that would have changed the story line up and made it more interesting.

Might not have been in the budget to keep her.

Those two girls are sisters in real life and both were in Perry's movie, Daddy's Little Girls.

yes, I'm still watching...I'm an avid TP fan. :jump: I tivo this show...didn't see it last night cuz it was my birthday...I was out. I'll watch em tonight though. :nod:

Now that it's been for a while what are thoughts on the show? Do you think it should be picked up for another season? Is veiwership still up? Has the writting gotten any better?

Yes, it should. It shows the extended family from back in the day. The children being raised by aunts, uncles, and parents is emphasized.

Has the writting gotten any better?

Yes, it has. The show has gotten better. I'd like to see it picked up for another season.

Writing/storylines have gotten a lot better. A couple of weeks ago, there was a show on the son finding friends on the internet. He thought he was chatting with a 14-year-old girl, gave the person his home address to meet him and a white man showed up. Those are real issues today. That show was timely and actually well written. The acting wasn't too bad either. So, the show has improved.

I still love the show...I missed it on last night, b/c I was watching movies. I'll watch the episodes tonight.

I believe the show has improved! :tup:

Yes, it has. The show has gotten better. I'd like to see it picked up for another season.

Writing/storylines have gotten a lot better. A couple of weeks ago, there was a show on the son finding friends on the internet. He thought he was chatting with a 14-year-old girl, gave the person his home address to meet him and a white man showed up. Those are real issues today. That show was timely and actually well written. The acting wasn't too bad either. So, the show has improved.

whoa, i missed that one. i need to go online to view it. last nite's episodes were cool. i think it is improving. and as long as this here is on there:

LanceGross_Charb_12604616_400.jpg

I'LL BE WATCHING!!!! HE CAN GET IT!!!! :banana:

Nope...I watched 4 episodes and the s__t reeked. Horrible acting...cooning at it's finest...the story line is wack....the little kids can't act...even Allen Payne is acting like an amateur...the only thing the father needs to do is put on a zoot suit and buck his eyes and lips out and go WWWHHHHHHOOOOOMMMMPPPPPPP!!!! And those are the worst depicted crack heads I've ever seen. Even the laugh track seems forced.

So you're still watching?

The writing on this show is horrible and the actors are not good.

This was a good try by Tyler, but the rest of the season needs to be sent straight to DVD.

I miss good shows like ROC.

I am not reading 9 pages of comments.....

But I love this show. Uncle Curtis is hilarious. Although I think there are too many characters on the show....I like the show alot, and I sure didn't expect to like it. I hope it keeps playing, it has been a welcome addition to my summer viewing schedule.

The writing on this show is horrible and the actors are not good.

This was a good try by Tyler, but the rest of the season needs to be sent straight to DVD.

I miss good shows like ROC.

I agree. I can't stand to watch it. And let me say that I like TP plays and movies and have gone to see both formats. I felt his movies suffered a little because it is hard to go from stage to screen. But the TV show has suffered the most.

I read through the first 3 pages of comments and let me say this....

Supporting things simply because black people are involved no matter the level of quality is a detriment to our race. Rather than demand a higher standard we reward mediocrity and doom ourselves to remain at that level. In all honesty the best way to support TP in this is to either tell him to get some experienced sitcom people on his team or pack it up and take it back to the movies and stage before he kills the brand and then we will have nothing. The show actually makes it LOOK like black people can't write a sitcom.

I agree. I can't stand to watch it. And let me say that I like TP plays and movies and have gone to see both formats. I felt his movies suffered a little because it is hard to go from stage to screen. But the TV show has suffered the most.

I read through the first 3 pages of comments and let me say this....

Supporting things simply because black people are involved no matter the level of quality is a detriment to our race. Rather than demand a higher standard we reward mediocrity and doom ourselves to remain at that level. In all honesty the best way to support TP in this is to either tell him to get some experienced sitcom people on his team or pack it up and take it back to the movies and stage before he kills the brand and then we will have nothing. The show actually makes it LOOK like black people can't write a sitcom.

Nope...I watched 4 episodes and the s__t reeked. Horrible acting...cooning at it's finest...the story line is wack....the little kids can't act...even Allen Payne is acting like an amateur...the only thing the father needs to do is put on a zoot suit and buck his eyes and lips out and go WWWHHHHHHOOOOOMMMMPPPPPPP!!!! And those are the worst depicted crack heads I've ever seen. Even the laugh track seems forced.

I agree with both of these points.

I finally sat through a full episode last nite. I actually watched both episodes to try to give it a fair shake. I just wasn't that interested. It wasn't that funny to me and I felt like I was just waiting for things to happen. I tried, but I don't think this is the show for me.

Back