House of Payne

I remember when Spike Lee first started doing movies. Blacks were his biggest critics. The same goes for John Singleton and what blacks thought about his hood movies.
ain't that the truth...but Tyler just keeps on coming back and hanging in there.

HOP_Calvin_240x260_041120071241.jpg

Chocolate with NICE TEETH!!!! :tup: :tup: Yes, yes! And then judging from how he looks on camera, he's TALL, too! :tup:

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
My take on the show is Perry is doing a TV version of his plays which is cool. But, I have to question some things:

Why is that white guy on there? To draw the white demographics.

I know drugs and other issues are a part of america but does he have to shove at us ALL of the time? The writing on this show is not that great. If you notice the show credits. Perry is NOT writing on the shows we've seen so far; he's directing and producing.

Why must the Elder Payne be so un happy ALL of the time? I think his sarcasm is suppose to come across as funny.

Why must the scripts be written in such a minstrel style? Do you mean faith-driven? Perry acknowledges God in all he does and incorporates that into his work. Personally, I think that's great.

Why doen't Perry show some diversity in his storylines? Could be a number of things. First, he's working with unknown actors (with the exception of Allen Payne), so consider the talent pool of actors, his WRITERS and Perry's experience in TV producing, which is still in its infant stages.

The prayer was about the funniest thing about either of the shows last night,to me. I think he needs to bring in Debbie Allen and let her direct it and give her all power.She did wonders for A Different World after their first season.

U right about the writter thing, but he said in his interview with Tom J. or Steve H. that he's sat down with his writers and told them exactly how he wanted each story to go and he'll, of course, have the last say so on each story.

I'll grow, I'm sure. He's got 96 of them left.

U right about the writter thing, but he said in his interview with Tom J. or Steve H. that he's sat down with his writers and told them exactly how he wanted each story to go and he'll, of course, have the last say so on each story.

I would love to be one of his writers. I got good ideas. :D

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Yeah, sure will. I met one of his homies last Wednesday at the gas station- he told me that his buddy Tyler Perry asked him to come up to ATL to work for him.... :rolleyes:

You should have started singing on the spot...and made him record u on his cell phone. See Crit, that would be funny. :D

As long as Tyler Perry got women (black women especially) on this planet, he gone be alright. I think his stuff is hot garbage, personally, but I understand who his target is, and they love it. That's all that really matters.

Back