House of Payne

I watched the show last night. I didn't laugh one time. I think this story line would come across better in one of his plays. I'm sure some people think it's the funniest thing since Richard Pryor though.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Didn't like it. The mom dipping becasue she on something and the husband not going after her and getting her some help. 'Where is she going' Allen Payne....instead of woman get in this house so we can get you some help.

And the laugh track was horrible. Off key and at the wrong time. But keep trying TP. I've seen network shows get pulled after the first show.

It was OK. I don't think TV is Perry's thing. I still plan to watch the entire season though.
Now I did laugh when Daddy Payne did that prayer. That was funny! :lol:

Yeah that was funny! I still don't understand why he added the other son to the show. He really doesn't add anything to the show. The show seems to be more of a play than a t.v. show. I will continue to watch and support Tyler, but he's go to learn how to seperate T.V. and theatre.

Yeah that was funny! I still don't understand why he added the other son to the show. He really doesn't add anything to the show. The show seems to be more of a play than a t.v. show. I will continue to watch and support Tyler, but he's go to learn how to seperate T.V. and theatre.

I feel the same way. Dude adds nothing to the show.

Yeah that was funny! I still don't understand why he added the other son to the show. He really doesn't add anything to the show.

I feel the same way. Dude adds nothing to the show.

Maybe not for ya'll MEN---- hetrosexual men anyway!!! :lol: But that young, chocolate thang is nice to look at!!!! :nod: :nod: Perry recognizes that his fan base is mostly women. He's got Allen Payne (FINE, yella older man) and then he gave us a young, chocoate brother. Sounds like a SWEET deal to me! :D

Maybe not for ya'll MEN!!! :lol: But that young, chocolate thang is nice to look at!!!! :nod: :nod: Perry recognizes that his fan base is mostly women. He's got Allen Payne (FINE, yella older man) and then he gave us a young, chocoate brother. Sounds like a SWEET deal to me! :D

Hot pants. :swink:

I still don't understand why he added the other son to the show. He really doesn't add anything to the show.

he adds fine-ness, cause ole boy is sexy! but uh-rah, i'm not feeling the changes either, i can't get used to Allen Payne not being the son, and all that. i'll continue to watch as well just because i wanna see where it's gonna go.

Last week's shows were better to me. The very last scene was the best scene between the Mother leaving and saying goodbye to the kids. I almost :cry:

HOP_Calvin_240x260_041120071241.jpg

Lance Gross is a rising young star in the field of acting. He received his Bachelor of Arts in theatre from Howard University. He went on to train at The Ivanna Chubbuck Studio and Tasha Smith Acting Studio.

In the music-video world, Gross has worked with such leading ladies as Rihanna, Mariah Carey and most recently with Mary J. Blige on the video for her song "Take Me As I Am." He has also appeared on the television shows Eve and The Bernie Mac Show.

Yes indeed......:cool:

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop

TP always adds the above average looking brothers in his films. That's what he likes. :retard:

HOP_Calvin_240x260_041120071241.jpg

Lance Gross is a rising young star in the field of acting. He received his Bachelor of Arts in theatre from Howard University. He went on to train at The Ivanna Chubbuck Studio and Tasha Smith Acting Studio.

In the music-video world, Gross has worked with such leading ladies as Rihanna, Mariah Carey and most recently with Mary J. Blige on the video for her song "Take Me As I Am." He has also appeared on the television shows Eve and The Bernie Mac Show.

Yes indeed......:cool:
Very handsome...sexual chocolate! :ebrow:

The show seems to be more of a play than a t.v. show. I will continue to watch and support Tyler, but he's go to learn how to seperate T.V. and theatre.

I agree......it does seem more like a play than a sitcom. :nod: Even some of the transitions between scenes were a bit :confused:

The two firemen singing that did the "wash the truck" song and Curtis' prayer were really the only times I laughed.....and this is coming from someone who dayum near laughs at anything. :lol:

Question:

I thought this show was supposed to show a positive Black family? I watched the pilot show so I pretty much have an idea of what's going to happen in the end unless TP changed the script alot.

What's positive about a mother becoming addicted to drugs and leaving her family and the son/kids moving in with the grandparents then eventually.....(wont' ruin it for the ones that didn't see the pilot shows)

I agree......it does seem more like a play than a sitcom. :nod: Even some of the transitions between scenes were a bit :confused:

The two firemen singing that "wash the truck" song and Curtis' prayer were really the only times I laughed.....and this is coming from someone who dayum near laughs at anything. :lol:

TP is stuck on play writting. Until he gets help with his writting everything he does will continue to move like a play. His movies even show like a play. That's that man's only background- play writting.

My take on the show is Perry is doing a TV version of his plays which is cool. But, I have to question some things:

Why is that white guy on there?

I know drugs and other issues are a part of america but does he have to shove at us ALL of the time?

Why must the Elder Payne be so un happy ALL of the time?

Why must the scripts be written in such a minstrel style?

Why doen't Perry show some diversity in his storylines?

Now I support this brother all of the time by legally buying his plays, GOING to the theaters to see his movies and even went to one of his plays! But to have the same thing as far as his content constanly thrown at my face over and over again is a bit much to tolerate! I will continue to watch this show but he MUST show some different things to keep me watching!

TP is stuck on play writting. Until he gets help with his writting everything he does will continue to move like a play. His movies even show like a play. That's that man's only background- play writting.
Maybe he should seek help from Spike Lee, John Singleton, or the Hughes brothers.

I remember when Spike Lee first started doing movies. Blacks were his biggest critics. The same goes for John Singleton and what blacks thought about his hood movies.

Back