FAMU Death Caused By Hazing, Blunt Force Trauma

With all the gay folks marching in FAMU's band EVERY year...I don't see how his sexual preference has anything to do with what happened.

Even if people say, "well...he was a drummajor so it's okay to have a flag team full of gays but that can't happen in the DM position"... TO ME, that would still seem hard to prove. I mean now you're getting into hate crime pretty much.

Anybody heard any rumors as to why charges haven't been imposed on anyone yet?

So what if the dude was gay. FAMU is referred to some as "FAGU"....but that is not the point. Dude was hazed regardless of the fact and it's sad that they have not brought any charges against anyone. I bet if this was USC or Ohio State....let me hush.

:smh:

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
This is going to turn to not be hazing but some other Beast... How dumb is pledging the Bus... But we took the bate, Fired a innocent man, all cause we cant figure out how to say " we are investgating what happened, we dont have enough info to make a decision or take Action. Once we settle everything out we will handle it" like the White Folk.

Come on yall let us stop playing crazy now. There are folk who dislike you and don't even know you in this world. Folks have something against you just because of they way you look, who you associate with or anything they can think of. Reality is it is possible in our community. Petty folks are all around messy college organizations surrounding us. keep it real now.

Come on yall let us stop playing crazy now. There are folk who dislike you and don't even know you in this world. Folks have something against you just because of they way you look, who you associate with or anything they can think of. Reality is it is possible in our community. Petty folks are all around messy college organizations surrounding us. keep it real now.

Cee Dog...people don't want to look at that very real side of life. People now want to blame his sexual preference on why he was hazed or the severity of the hazing. Does it matter to me? No...the fact remains this kid died trying to fit in.

I will say it again...if this was USC or Ohio State and it was a white kid....hell would have to fury.

My thing is that, this didnt sound like hazing from the Jump, and Like it or Not this isnt a Case of hazing... i understand that the hazing Charge gets the family paid but this is not hazing.
I hate that HBCUs are getting driven through the Mud about something that happens everywhered, and for this group to say that HBCUs need classes or whatever to help us cope with LGDT or whatever is crazy, we have historically had this in our communities long before Whites accepted it.
But hey we tuck our tail everytime someone says the H word then we going to be out of business pretty soon.

I agree Stroke...I really think it was less to do with hazing and more to do with someone(or a group of people) taking out a personal vendetta on this person. They went above and beyond whooping his ass. I wouldn't be surprised if the ones beating him hated themselves because he may have exposed some gay tendencies in them.

The attorney noted that witnesses said Robert Champion may have been targeted for severe hazing because of his opposition to the culture of hazing. The attorney and Champion's parents downplayed claims of witnesses that the Southwest DeKalb High School graduate may have been targeted because he was gay. "This was hazing, not a hate crime," Chestnut said.

http://www.ajc.com/news/dekalb/parents-to-sue-bus-1298060.html

My thing is that, this didnt sound like hazing from the Jump, and Like it or Not this isnt a Case of hazing... i understand that the hazing Charge gets the family paid but this is not hazing.
I hate that HBCUs are getting driven through the Mud about something that happens everywhered, and for this group to say that HBCUs need classes or whatever to help us cope with LGDT or whatever is crazy, we have historically had this in our communities long before Whites accepted it.
But hey we tuck our tail everytime someone says the H word then we going to be out of business pretty soon.

Man that was a part of the "process" of "crossing Bus C". Walk to the back while getting hit. Did some go overboard and did they possibly have vendettas? Yes, but they used the "process" to take out that vendetta.

Man, I would have told them FUGG BUS C!!! That's a corny tradition anyway!!!!

Pansy marching rattlers hazing somebody...SMH

Man these young cats have screwed everybody. I would hate to a band director, drum major or section in the fall of 2012. it is going to be a hot mess this year. Get ready to see some of the sorriest bands in a while.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Now the parents are suing the Bus Company???? Yea, they're trying to get paid now!!!!

http://articles.cnn.com/2012-01-10/...ion_1_bus-driver-band-members-hazing?_s=PM:US

See this is where I'm indifferent. NUPE you and I both have traveled on buses as a band member. And there are times when the driver is not on the bus for whatever reason. So should the bus company be responsible for some stupid kids hazing when the driver had nothing to do with it?

Yea...but they are trying to get paid!!!!

These are college kids. The bus driver isn't hired to be a chaperone, he's hired to drive the bus. He isn't responsible for the actions of these university students. I could see placing the blame on the band directors...but not the bus company. I guess they're going to sue the owner of the parking lot too?? They didn't have cameras to monitor whether or not the bus driver was on the bus when "him" was trying to cross over Bus C????

See this is where I'm indifferent. NUPE you and I both have traveled on buses as a band member. And there are times when the driver is not on the bus for whatever reason. So should the bus company be responsible for some stupid kids hazing when the driver had nothing to do with it?

Yea...but they are trying to get paid!!!!

These are college kids. The bus driver isn't hired to be a chaperone, he's hired to drive the bus. He isn't responsible for the actions of these university students. I could see placing the blame on the band directors...but not the bus company. I guess they're going to sue the owner of the parking lot too?? They didn't have cameras to monitor whether or not the bus driver was on the bus when "him" was trying to cross over Bus C????

:emlaugh: at "him"

You are right which is why I am a bit indifferent...

Pretty Much....:smh:

CB, the parents are suing the bus company to get the surveillance video more than likely. Read this exert from ESPN.com:

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/s...florida-rattlers-student-robert-champion-died

ESPN.com said:
The Champions are unable to file a lawsuit against FAMU for another several months because of state law setting up procedures for suing public entities. Suing the bus company will allow the Champions' attorneys to depose witnesses and gather documents, Chestnut said.

Man that was a part of the "process" of "crossing Bus C". Walk to the back while getting hit. Did some go overboard and did they possibly have vendettas? Yes, but they used the "process" to take out that vendetta.
As a Person that went through a "process", Thats bout the stupidest, dumbest, and what ever that I have ever Heard, Crossing Bus C??? souldnt he Crossed Bus C at the begining of the Semester not the Last Game when he must likely will be riding Bus D next year... Get out of hear.... SORRY THIS IS NOT HAZING, its some Idiots.... Does he get a Jacket that say BUs C????

So do they pledge the Bus every Game????

Its a hazing tradition during the Florida Classic weekend. It appears some used the hazing tradition to take out their personal vendetta on Robert Champion.

The bus company being sued is just a measure to get evidence. Civil suits against Dr. Ammons, Dr. White and others will probably follow the criminal case.

Back