FAMU Death Caused By Hazing, Blunt Force Trauma

Re: Autopsy Report: FAMU Death Caused By Hazing, Blunt Force Trauma

SS I ain't even goin lie....the police don't know who to charge. I'm not on facebook....but truth be told like I said start charging the entire bus with obstruction of justice or something...
'
how do you know any of the information you just typed is correct?!?!

What would charging everyone on the bus do? Get everyone talking or shut everyone down b/c they will get lawyers which will make the investigation even harder?

Y'all so quick to throw FAMU under the bus...

'
how do you know any of the information you just typed is correct?!?!

What would charging everyone on the bus do? Get everyone talking or shut everyone down b/c they will get lawyers which will make the investigation even harder?

So Southsuburbs what would you do if were the investigator.

Correct me if I am wrong but a band member died while being hazed. Correct me if I am wrong but an anonymous person said that he was crossing Bus C. It was reported that he walked backwards through the bus and was hazed. Florida's law states that agreeing to be hazed in not a defense.

So again what would you do?

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop

I not promoting charging a whole bus cause you can't find out the culprits who were there when a grown man decided he wanted to play a game to be accepted by some chaps...come on son!

And yep, the parents are mad...but where is their anger for their son deciding he didn't want to be grown...but wanted to stay a KID? Where is there anger because their son was trying to live in the past instead of being grown and moving forward?

I'm with SS...they would have charged somebody in a month if they had something to go on...

SS I ain't even goin lie....the police don't know who to charge. I'm not on facebook....but truth be told like I said start charging the entire bus with obstruction of justice or something...

Basically.

SS, we've all got friends who went to FAMU and heard the same sh*t you heard the night he died. Hell, you could have gone on Twitter and found out what we now know what happened.

You aint special.

As with any situation, the media has the power and resources to report information in a manner that will ultimately influence public opinion.

That, my friend, is true.

Why not?

The band's disciplinary problems (just this decade) include getting banned from a Detroit hotel for stealing thousands of dollars worth of hotel items, brought about 2 major civil suits on the university for hazing, and now a chick is suing the university from hazing injuries and a dude is dead because of hazing, which probably stemmed from a hate crime.

This wasn't some new sh*t that just now popped off since the Florida Classic. They've been dealing with this for years yet have proven themselves to be too negligent and incompetent to get the sh*t right. Let me ask you this; what if it were YOUR child? Would you be so pro-FAMU as are you now?

And yep, the parents are mad...but where is their anger for their son deciding he didn't want to be grown...but wanted to stay a KID? Where is there anger because their son was trying to live in the past instead of being grown and moving forward?

Folks, no matter the age, make compromises to be accepted by their peers, to join a club/organization or even acquire wealth. You continuing to badger this young man for choosing to be hazed ain't going to change the fact he was killed by a group of other overzealous band members.

So Southsuburbs what would you do if were the investigator.

Correct me if I am wrong but a band member died while being hazed. Correct me if I am wrong but an anonymous person said that he was crossing Bus C. It was reported that he walked backwards through the bus and was hazed. Florida's law states that agreeing to be hazed in not a defense.

So again what would you do?

I would let the Investigators do their job and not be so quick to pass judgment.

Y'all on here acting like FAMU should be shut down as if FAMU is hindering the investigation. I have yet to read in any articles on here on anyone's page that FAMU (students and administration) weren't being cooperative.

Why y'all so mad?!?!

I not promoting charging a whole bus cause you can't find out the culprits who were there when a grown man decided he wanted to play a game to be accepted by some chaps...come on son!

I'm with SS...they would have charged somebody in a month if they had something to go on...

EXACTLY!!! I didn't want to be the first to say it...but let's remember...Mr. Champion was a WILLING PARTICIPATE in this tragic event.

When it's a gang member killed in the streets and the mother is out there bawling y'all are quick to condemn the "victim" then...what's so different about this case?!

Yes...students should face consequences that were involved in the hazing death of Mr. Champion, but I dont' think that charges should be thrown out all willy-nilly without actual EVIDENCE. Shyt you charge me with something you better come with some concrete stuff and no he-say/she say I was on the bus.

Fugg a plea deal

Basically.

SS, we've all got friends who went to FAMU and heard the same sh*t you heard the night he died. Hell, you could have gone on Twitter and found out what we now know what happened.

You aint special.

:lol: You mad. What's your beef with FAMU? You started the thread in Sports Board with the misleading title about FAMU when it clearly stated that everyone involved went to FAMU lab school (not FAMU).

Why you so mad at FAMU? Why can't you just sit back and discuss and wait for the investigation to work itself out?

Why not?

The band's disciplinary problems (just this decade) include getting banned from a Detroit hotel for stealing thousands of dollars worth of hotel items, brought about 2 major civil suits on the university for hazing, and now a chick is suing the university from hazing injuries and a dude is dead because of hazing, which probably stemmed from a hate crime.

This wasn't some new sh*t that just now popped off since the Florida Classic. They've been dealing with this for years yet have proven themselves to be too negligent and incompetent to get the sh*t right. Let me ask you this; what if it were YOUR child? Would you be so pro-FAMU as are you now?

At the end of the day of course as a parent/someone closely affected we would want justice/punishment QUICKLY. Nobody's objecting to the parents seeking justice for their child's death.

However, ...that's why there's a judicial system and it has to play itself out. It's not just up to the family to decide what happens and who gets the blame. So even if it was my child, cousin, or someone I love/know...what I would WANT wouldn't trump the judicial system and the steps that have to be taken/followed.

Charging an entire bus makes absoutely no sense if you dont' have evidence that each and every individual on that bus participated.

Folks, no matter the age, make compromises to be accepted by their peers, to join a club/organization or even acquire wealth. You continuing to badger this young man for choosing to be hazed ain't going to change the fact he was killed by a group of other overzealous band members.

But it does matter. The fact that he willingly accepted to participate in this illegal hazing activity does matter. He was not forced.

Also...this wasn't a bully situation IMO, simply b/c he was 26 and the Drummajor (in position of leadership). You can't get any higher than that level of student leadership in the band. All of that will play a factor...

Correct me of I'm wrong, but just because a person doesn't want to grow up, does that give anyone the right to murder someone? If that's the case, maybe we should release half the murderers that are currently serving time in prison for murder.

Correct me of I'm wrong, but just because a person doesn't want to grow up, does that give anyone the right to murder someone? If that's the case, maybe we should release half the murderers that are currently serving time in prison for murder.

It doesn't give them the right but it sure doesn't put 100% of the blame on them either. :tup:

Nobody is saying they werent' wrong. But if Mr. Champion didnt' run up and down that bus voluntarily then he wouldn't have been hazed to death.

But it does matter. The fact that he willingly accepted to participate in this illegal hazing activity does matter. He was not forced.

Also...this wasn't a bully situation IMO, simply b/c he was 26 and the Drummajor (in position of leadership). You can't get any higher than that level of student leadership in the band. All of that will play a factor...

Sure, he accepted being hazed. But how do you know he wasn't forced to go through the particular form of hazing which eventually led to his death? How do you know he didn't attempt to stop the hazing once he realized it was getting out of control?

And people need to stop bringing up this cats age like it matters. It doesn't. So what he was 26? That doesn't mean he can't be subject to being bullied, abused or mistreated.

It doesn't give them the right but it sure doesn't put 100% of the blame on them either. :tup:

Nobody is saying they werent' wrong. But if Mr. Champion didnt' run up and down that bus voluntarily then he wouldn't have been hazed to death.

The only argument here is what degree of murder they should be charged with.

Southsuburbs and Chocolate Topaz,

I have not thrown FAMU under the bus. I only seek resolve. I once stated charge the entire band but then retracted to simply charging "Bus C" to get the resolve. I am a member of Kappa Alpha Psi and when we had a young to die while being hazed we were totally thrown under the bus and at the present stage of the game my beloved fraternity in technically one lawsuit from being no more. The entire fraternity was punished.

This issue with FAMU is simple, there was not just one who beat this young. There were many. This is why the police have not charged anyone is because it is difficult for the prosecution to present a valid argument to help a jury to convict. So therefore this will become a he say/she say scenario.

Now I guess some of my post were ignored so I'm going bring my points back up:

1. I initially stated charge the entire band. (Too much over the top)

2. When it was stated that Champion was hazed on Bus C I stated charge Bus C. (Someone will start talking out of fear.)

3. I posted the Florida Hazing law which states that simply because a person is a willing participate is not a defense. (It's sad but true. Because Mr. Champion is 50% responsible for his own death in my eyes.)

4. Suspend the band. (Another way to get people talking)

Like Nonchalant stated we all know people who went to FAMU or at FAMU. We just don't put it out there. But with me this is not a hate issue of FAMU....I am just stating my opinion like the rest. I personally believe the President of FAMU should not have fired the band director nor should the Governor of Florida have posed the question of possibly removing the President. This did not happen at the University of Maryland at Eastern Shore when the young man pledging Kappa Alpha Psi died.

Also, there is a lot more hazing at white schools. Yet, they call daddy war bucks who makes some calls to his friends and they keep it in house along with a hefty donation to the school....

Last edited:
They might get manslaughter...but murder would be a stretch.

And hey, Age DOES matter. Shyt we on here jonning folks all the time cause they too old to be acting like they are. And this is no diff. Dude has been to the military, fought in a war perhaps and he came back and made the good decision that he wanted to run up and down a bus with folks hitting him to be accepted by whom? A bunch of chaps. :rolleyes: I'm sorry. He was TOO OLD to still be ^^there mentally.

Mark, SS is South Suburbs...you might want to get it straight before she whoops you...:lol:

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
I've never been hazed, didn't pledge and don't get letting folks hit me to gain a sister from another mother thing. :noidea: But that's just me. But you mean to say if somebody EXPRESSEDLY STATED to not hit them, or they wanted to stop participating...folks would continue? Would ignore the No means No? If that's the case then yep--->murder. But IF.

I personally believe the President of FAMU should not have fired the band director nor should the Governor of Florida have posed the question of possibly removing the President. This did not happen at the University of Maryland at Eastern Shore when the young man pledging Kappa Alpha Psi died.

I think the band director should be suspended due to prior incidents of hazing that have occurred during his tenure.

Murder or manslaughter they definitely need to be charged with the death of an individual, and as of now, no one has been charged.

Southsuburbs and Chocolate Topaz,

I have not thrown FAMU under the bus. I only seek resolve. I once stated charge the entire band but then retracted to simply charging "Bus C" to get the resolve. I am a member of Kappa Alpha Psi and when we had a young to die while being hazed we were totally thrown under the bus and at the present stage of the game my beloved fraternity in technically one lawsuit from being no more. The entire fraternity was punished.

This issue with FAMU is simple, there was not just one who beat this young. There were many. This is why the police have not charged anyone is because it is difficult for the prosecution to present a valid argument to help a jury to convict. So therefore this will become a he say/she say scenario.

Now I guess some of my post were ignored so I'm going bring my points back up:

1. I initially stated charge the entire band. (Too much over the top)

2. When it was stated that Champion was hazed on Bus C I stated charge Bus C. (Someone will start talking out of fear.)

3. I posted the Florida Hazing law which states that simply because a person is a willing participate is not a defense. (It's sad but true. Because Mr. Champion is 50% responsible for his own death in my eyes.)

4. Suspend the band. (Another way to get people talking)

Like Nonchalant stated we all know people who went to FAMU or at FAMU. We just don't put it out there. But with me this is not a hate issue of FAMU....I am just stating my opinion like the rest. I personally believe the President of FAMU should not have fired the band director nor should the Governor of Florida have posed the question of possibly removing the President. This did not happen at the University of Maryland at Eastern Shore when the young man pledging Kappa Alpha Psi died.

Also, there is a lot more hazing at white schools. Yet, they call daddy war bucks who makes some calls to his friends and they keep it in house along with a hefty donation to the school....

FAMU has been throwing themselves under the bus for the last decade. The facts are there.

When JSU and SU got into trouble for this stuff, stuff was done immediately.
SU started zipping mofo's with a quickness, the people that did it was charged and prosecuted.
At JSU, they tried that "no snitching" and protesting shat for a week. Then Mason went gangsta on their azzes and was gearing up to bring JPD in and let them handle it. Then he started suspending band members by the boat loads and then said the band was on suspension and would not perform at another game. After that, mofo's started singing like the Mississippi mass Choir.

When they got the go-ahead to performed again, WT had went from 45 members to about 25 members. :lol:

FAMU has been throwing themselves under the bus for the last decade. The facts are there.

When JSU and SU got into trouble for this stuff, stuff was done immediately.
SU started zipping mofo's with a quickness, the people that did it was charged and prosecuted.
At JSU, they tried that "no snitching" and protesting shat for a week. Then Mason went gangsta on their azzes and was gearing up to bring JPD in and let them handle it. Then he started suspending band members by the boat loads and then said the band was on suspension and would not perform at another game. After that, mofo's started singing like the Mississippi mass Choir.

When they got the go-ahead to performed again, WT had went from 45 members to about 25 members. :lol:

The only reason why you know about those two instances at JSU and SU is b/c it made the news. What about the other cases where students are expelled/suspended from band and school due to hazing? You don't hear about those but it happens.

All I'm saying is just b/c you didn't hear about it at FAMU doesn't mean it wasn't happening. If Mr. Champion didn't die you wouldn't have known 30 members were suspended from FAMU's band this year alone. You dont know how many were suspended last year or the year before.

FAMU couldn't act swiftly in this case b/c it was a death involved...vs. what happened at JSU and SU. Rightfully so...FAMU had to turn the investigation over to the authorities. When they tried to suspend/expel those four students what happened...the authorities asked them to halt all disciplinary actions (for whatever reasons).

Murder or manslaughter they definitely need to be charged with the death of an individual, and as of now, no one has been charged.

I do believe individuals will be charged for both the death of Robert and the injuries sustained by the young lady.

I don't think anyone will go to jail. I think those that could face jail time (Robert's death) will cop pleas and the ones in the young lady's case will be charged with misdemeanors.

I'm sure the investigators got accounts of what happened from various people on that bus a while ago. Probably didnt want to start making the next move then because the possibility that the autopsy could sat the death was due to something else even though he happened to be hazed that same night. Now that they know the death is because of the hazing act they will probably speak to the same people again (to see if the story changed) and other. Also they are probaly just weeding through the names and stories. If Person A starts telling what happened but says he was just there, while Person B tells the story that includes Person A as a participant....who you charging..and with what? Im sure people are talking...but ..its probably now making sure they have accurate accounts to charge accordingly.

Back