FAMU Death Caused By Hazing, Blunt Force Trauma

As a Person that went through a "process", Thats bout the stupidest, dumbest, and what ever that I have ever Heard, Crossing Bus C??? souldnt he Crossed Bus C at the begining of the Semester not the Last Game when he must likely will be riding Bus D next year... Get out of hear.... SORRY THIS IS NOT HAZING, its some Idiots.... Does he get a Jacket that say BUs C????

Probably. :lol:

He probably would have put all of that on his jacket/sweater/etc. Just like folks put the section they cross, Red Dawg, and any other State club, section club, etc. they cross.

Heyal...my father pledged Kappa Alpha Psi in '65 and he thinks it's dumb as heyal when his frat say about another frat, 'He's not a Nupe". :popcorn: Meaning...dumb shyt/traditions happens in every organization.

Stop trying to act like you don't understand what's going on here...you not that brand new. :smh:

The bus company should be sued...the bus should have been locked and no students should have been on the bus. Unless they illegally gained entry onto that bus (broke the lock).

http://www.bostonherald.com/news/na...zing_attack_was_gay/srvc=home&position=recent

Meanwhile, the attorney for FAMU’s longtime band director, Julian White, released a statement Tuesday saying that if Champion were targeted because of his sexual orientation, then White’s efforts to root out hazing could not have prevented "such deliberate barbarity."

"Assuming that the assertions of the Champion family and their attorney Chris Chestnut are true, then it is entirely possible that Champion’s tragic death was less about any ritualistic hazing and more tantamount to a hateful and fully conscious attempt to batter a young man because of his sexual orientation," attorney Chuck Hobbs wrote.

Tuesday’s announcements drew strong reaction from gay-advocacy groups as well.

The Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, Transgender Community Center of Central Florida joined the National Black Justice Coalition to call for a "complete and thorough investigation" into the circumstances of Champion’s death.

"Even if his sexual orientation was not the sole factor in the hazing incident, the fact that is was even a partial factor makes this a hate crime and we fully expect the State Attorney to treat it as such," Randy Stephens, executive director of the community center, said in a prepared statement.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Probably. :lol:

He probably would have put all of that on his jacket/sweater/etc. Just like folks put the section they cross, Red Dawg, and any other State club, section club, etc. they cross.

Heyal...my father pledged Kappa Alpha Psi in '65 and he thinks it's dumb as heyal when his frat say about another frat, 'He's not a Nupe". :popcorn: Meaning...dumb shyt/traditions happens in every organization.

Stop trying to act like you don't understand what's going on here...you not that brand new. :smh:

The bus company should be sued...the bus should have been locked and no students should have been on the bus. Unless they illegally gained entry onto that bus (broke the lock).

Go ahead and sue the gas station where bus filled it's gas tank, sue the hotel because the bus was parked on it's property, there are so many people that can be sued, it's a never ending story.

Go ahead and sue the gas station where bus filled it's gas tank, sue the hotel because the bus was parked on it's property, there are so many people that can be sued, it's a never ending story.

It makes sense to sue the bus company especially if the driver isn't helping. The bus was back at the hotel PARKED. How in the hell did the students get access? The driver. If a student had to get anything off the bus, if I'm a liable employee of the company that owns this bus, I'm walking the studnt to the bus, letting him/her get whatever they need off and back to my room. Clearly that didnt happen. They had enough access to the bus where multiple people "crossed" and one person crossed, passed out, vomited, choked and heart stopped. So yes, they should so the bus company as well. If there was no BUS accessible to cross there wouldn't be a bus C ritual.

It makes sense to sue the bus company especially if the driver isn't helping. The bus was back at the hotel PARKED. How in the hell did the students get access? The driver. If a student had to get anything off the bus, if I'm a liable employee of the company that owns this bus, I'm walking the studnt to the bus, letting him/her get whatever they need off and back to my room. Clearly that didnt happen. They had enough access to the bus where multiple people "crossed" and one person crossed, passed out, vomited, choked and heart stopped. So yes, they should so the bus company as well. If there was no BUS accessible to cross there wouldn't be a bus C ritual.

The owner of the bus company stated on CNN a few days that the drivers of the buses were doing checks on each bus. They check each bus with 3 or 4 other drivers to ensure the safety of the bus. The owner went on to say that his drivers are not chaperone's and that the band directors were not assigned to the bus. The owner also stated that they are developing new policies to require organizations to have chaperone's on buses at all times.

I am not going to blame this on the driver or company. These were some stupid people who beat a dude to death. Most importantly some of you need to stop acting brand new especially when you admit you have gone through a "process" or was in the band and was a "crab" etc.... As a member of a frat I have been in "difficult situations".....(read between the lines)....it was stupid of me then. I'm not going to call them thugs, etc... because that would be hypocritical.

The owner of the bus company stated on CNN a few days that the drivers of the buses were doing checks on each bus. They check each bus with 3 or 4 other drivers to ensure the safety of the bus. The owner went on to say that his drivers are not chaperone's and that the band directors were not assigned to the bus. The owner also stated that they are developing new policies to require organizations to have chaperone's on buses at all times.

I am not going to blame this on the driver or company. These were some stupid people who beat a dude to death. Most importantly some of you need to stop acting brand new especially when you admit you have gone through a "process" or was in the band and was a "crab" etc.... As a member of a frat I have been in "difficult situations".....(read between the lines)....it was stupid of me then. I'm not going to call them thugs, etc... because that would be hypocritical.

This is what a lot of folks fail to see.....a person is dead behind this. It's amazing how some comment about the fact he was a 26-year old pledging, or allowing himself to go through this at his age; regardless of his age, HE IS DEAD, and like another poster said, no one goes to college or sends their child to college to be killed. I still stand behind my saying that the people who killed him also had a choice. They could have easily walked away from the potential fatality/dangers of hazing. We've all heard/seen stories about senseless deaths from fraternity/sorority hazing; even my own beloved Sigma Gamma Rho has had sisters who were arrested and charged behind hazing. Yes, Robert Champion made the choice to put himself in harm's way, but the people who killed him also had a choice to NOT ENGAGE IN SOMETHING THAT COULD/WOULD ULTIMATELY LEAD TO DEATH! They made their choice to kill him by beating him to death.

Last edited:
We will soon find out why Robert Champion was the only one who died while the others who were being initiated into Bus C, including another drum major, weren't even hospitalized.

We will soon find out why Robert Champion was the only one who died while the others who were being initiated into Bus C, including another drum major, weren't even hospitalized.

So RChampion wasn't the ONLY drum major crossing? WOW!

So, I'm guessing since RChampion was gay, this is now a hate-crime murder?

Last edited:

This didn't occur while the bus was in motion. The bus was parked at the hotel. Students went back to go this....meaning they received access to get on the bus. So the driver who let them on the bus, for whatever reason....not only let them on the bus, but left them with access. They have done this for years, so of course the driver.didn't ask questions. Hell one driver spoke at the the wake, so its apparent these drivers have great relationships with these students.

This didn't occur while the bus was in motion. The bus was parked at the hotel. Students went back to go this....meaning they received access to get on the bus. So the driver who let them on the bus, for whatever reason....not only let them on the bus, but left them with access. They have done this for years, so of course the driver.didn't ask questions. Hell one driver spoke at the the wake, so its apparent these drivers have great relationships with these students.

We know the bus was not in motion. Yet, the family is placing the blame on the bus company in part....yet....what they should be doing is acting a damn fool on the police for not bringing the entire bus or band in questioning...they (the police) can do that. These are 20 something year olds and teenagers....they feel they have gotten away with this.

I don't think they are making every detail of the investigation publicly known, so they could very well have interviewed a slew, of, people. We, just, won't, know until the end.

bottom line this is more of a hate crime then hazing.... And to continue to associate this with traditonal greek hazing is crazy.... This is really said and more i read the more it doesnt make since. I think i read,that in this process you walk backwards to your seat while others beat you. Others say that 30+ students went back to a crowded bus to pledge the line. And its 500 people in that band, im sure he wasnt the only gay person. Was all the people being pledged gay? Or was this more of them standing up for themselves.

I do think this was personal but I doubt it was based on his sexuality. I think several people made terrible decisions that lead to a young brother losing his life. This should be treated as a murder and those responsible should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. I also think that no plea deals should be offered. The DA needs to make an example of those responsible by putting them on trial and getting a guilty verdict from a jury. I have dealt with some dumb crap that I went through and I do not condone hazing as an individual. These people need to have their mentality changed and I think that a trial that is publically executed may be a more effective deterrant than allowing those guilty individuals to plead out.

bottom line this is more of a hate crime then hazing.... And to continue to associate this with traditonal greek hazing is crazy.... This is really said and more i read the more it doesnt make since. I think i read,that in this process you walk backwards to your seat while others beat you. Others say that 30+ students went back to a crowded bus to pledge the line. And its 500 people in that band, im sure he wasnt the only gay person. Was all the people being pledged gay? Or was this more of them standing up for themselves.

dude this is a case of hazing. why can't you seem to be able to wrap your mind around that. now there seems to have maybe been some other elements at work here; such as him possibly being beaten harser than the other because he was a homosexual or that others had a vendetta against him because he spoke out against hazing. but be that as it may this is still a case of hazing.

Back