FAMU Death Caused By Hazing, Blunt Force Trauma

Nonchalant

Hail, Hail To Thee...
Autopsy Report: FAMU Death Caused By Hazing, Blunt Force Trauma

http://www.wesh.com/r/30015825/detail.html

29817090_240X180.jpg

ORLANDO, Fla. -- A Florida A&M University student did in fact die of hazing, authorities announced Friday.

Robert Champion, a 26-year-old drum major at FAMU, died just hours after the Florida Classic game in Orlando.

The medical examiner's office said Friday Champion's death was the result of a soft tissue hemorrhage due to blunt force trauma.

"The autopsy revealed extensive contusions of his chest, arms, shoulder, and back with extensive hemorrhage within the subcutaneous fat, between fascial planes and within deep muscles," authorities said Friday.

Last month, Orange County Sheriff Jerry Demings said that hazing was suspected in Champion's death. At the time, he said the results of an autopsy were unclear and additional tests were needed to determine the manner of death. Criminal charges are possible.

Last edited:
Re: Autopsy Report: FAMU Death Caused By Hazing, Blunt Force Trauma

http://www.cnn.com/2011/12/16/us/florida-college/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

CNN.com said:
Some band members have said Champion may have died after a rite of passage called "crossing Bus C." One member, who spoke on condition of anonymity, explained that students "walk from the front of the bus to the back of the bus back backward while the bus is full of other band members, and you get beaten until you get to the back."

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop

I said it in another post-get ready for (60) Minutes, 20/20, Tavis Smiley Symposiums, documentaries, movie deals etc.-CNN, MSNBC, HLN are covering this story around the clock. Just like POP said "Shat just got real son." This schytt is so wide spread that the Government will have to mobilize the National Guards. The Gov. of Florida is getting tired of all that chanting in front of his house.

Last edited:

It's a d@mn shame that people are walking around and know they killed someone and haven't said one thing. Just inhumane.

Re: Champion's death ruled a homicide.

http://www.cnn.com/2011/12/16/us/florida-college/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

Florida A&M band member's death ruled a homicide
By the CNN Wire Staff
updated 7:29 PM EST, Fri December 16, 2011

(CNN) -- The death of Robert Champion Jr., the 26-year-old Florida A&M University student and drum major who died last month after a suspected hazing incident, has been ruled a homicide, according to a medical examiner.

It should be ruled a homicide!!! This hazing shi* is OUT OF CONTROL

and the FAMU peeps are making it worse by doing all this marching.

A death or homicide changes the whole ball game. Some jobs will be lost and some are going to prison. The so-called tough one's are getting ready to snitch on everybody involved. "Sliding that piece of paper under the door without a signature on it." :nod:

Last edited:

29817090_240X180.jpg

ORLANDO, Fla. -- A Florida A&M University student did in fact die of hazing, authorities announced Friday.

Robert Champion, a 26-year-old drum major at FAMU, died just hours after the Florida Classic game in Orlando.

The medical examiner's office said Friday Champion's death was the result of a soft tissue hemorrhage due to blunt force trauma.

"The autopsy revealed extensive contusions of his chest, arms, shoulder, and back with extensive hemorrhage within the subcutaneous fat, between fascial planes and within deep muscles," authorities said Friday.

Last month, Orange County Sheriff Jerry Demings said that hazing was suspected in Champion's death. At the time, he said the results of an autopsy were unclear and additional tests were needed to determine the manner of death. Criminal charges are possible.

I wonder what did these students get after "crossing over" in this Red Dog mess. I mean do they put money in your pocket, do you get to go and live in a Atlanta area Penthouse once you leave FAMU, do you get a chance to have large orgy's with gorgeous beautiful women or vice-versa with the women who cross, do they go to Retirement Homes, help turn on people utilities who can't afford the bills etc.---Yall get the message. If all of this is for "just because I'm from the ATL I would truly want someone to whup my azz"-then these are some sick individuals. What else do you need to prove. Hell! you're from Atlanta just live with that fact and move on with your life.

29817090_240X180.jpg

:shame: Yep! It's murder.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop

Everyone that ws on that bus should be brought up on charges. You'll then find out who did what and get all of those involved charged with the right crime.

Do they have anyone on the bus to supervise these students?

I know at PV we always had a director, asst or someone that worked for the university on each bus and was in charge of it. I know when I worked there I was over Bus 3 or Bus 4 on all of the trips. None of that crap happened on my bus.

This is why I am so PISSED!!!!! What the fucc is the purpose of your marching..... This shi* has been out of control for yearssss and all of those marching KNOWS THIS!!!!!!

This is why I am so PISSED!!!!! What the fucc is the purpose of your marching..... This shi* has been out of control for yearssss and all of those marching KNOWS THIS!!!!!!

They aren't marching because they support hazing...they are marching because they know Gov. Scott is using this whole situation to prop up his agenda.

NO ONE AT FAMU HAS SUPPORTED THE MARCHING 100 MEMBERS WHO HAZE...NO ONE

Everybody knows it's wrong...but students are also getting pissed because peeps are focusing in on the university and the students who DON'T haze people...and not the Marching 100...and then with social media, you have kats on twitter and facbook this hazing situation as ammo to smack kids who've only come to FAMU for an education.

There are rumors (Internet rumors) going around that Robert Champion was hazed so severely due in part because he was suspected to be homosexual.

They aren't marching because they support hazing...they are marching because they know Gov. Scott is using this whole situation to prop up his agenda.

NO ONE AT FAMU HAS SUPPORTED THE MARCHING 100 MEMBERS WHO HAZE...NO ONE

Everybody knows it's wrong...but students are also getting pissed because peeps are focusing in on the university and the students who DON'T haze people...and not the Marching 100...and then with social media, you have kats on twitter and facbook this hazing situation as ammo to smack kids who've only come to FAMU for an education.

I've heard and read similar things about how Penn State students were treated and viewed by outsiders after the whole child sex abuse revelations blew up in the press.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/eymhvEx4HaE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="480" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/xRSBhtOdlAY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited:

I say, subpoena every last butt that was assigned to Bus C. It'll come out. Go public with the names and everything... Yall telling me that riding the gott-dayum bus requires a 'rite of passage'!!!! This is insane...... And for anybody to give the appearance of DEFENDING this, is insane with extra cheese and pickles......

Shaking my head at all of this.....

I've heard and read similar things about how Penn State students were treated and viewed by outsiders after the whole child sex abuse revelations blew up in the press.

And that's what frustrates us(I graduated last night) the most...we feel the pressure coming toward the general student body like we harbored this sh*t...but we had nothing to do with any of this stuff. It shocked all of us and students immediately said it was stupid and uncalled for. There are debates within the student body going on right now as students are split about the marches and all the other stuff. There are 13,000-15,000 students at FAMU, everybody doesn't share the same opinion.

The only thing that students know, is that we need to stick together and support the institution...not cover up and make excuses for hazing. The thing that pisses me off is that it's a small number of students who've brought all of this turmoil and embarrassment to our university...the largest HBCU in the nation....and it hurts.

Last edited:

The only thing that students know, is that we need to stick together and support the institution...not cover up and make excuses for hazing. The thing that pisses me off is that it's a small number of students who've brought all of this turmoil and embarrassment to our university...the largest HBCU in the nation....and it hurts.

http://www.cnn.com/2011/12/17/us/florida-am-investigation/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

Florida A&M Alumni Group to Discuss Recommended Suspension

111122110624-robert-champion-story-body.jpg

(CNN) -- The National Alumni Association of Florida A&M University will hold a press conference Sunday about Florida Gov. Rick Scott's recommendation to suspend the university's president.

The governor requested the suspension of James Ammons amid an investigation into various issues at the university -- including the death of Robert Champion Jr., the 26-year-old Florida A&M student and drum major who died last month after a suspected hazing incident. Champion's death has been ruled a homicide.

Alumni association president Tommy Mitchell will also comment Sunday on hazing incidents "at other institutions that are not being reported in the national media nor resulted in the governor's intervention," according to a statement.

Orange County officials said in a statement that Champion died November 19 because of "hemorrhagic shock" -- the result of excessive internal bleeding -- "due to soft tissue hemorrhage, due to blunt force trauma sustained during a hazing incident." He died in Orlando, where his band had been playing.

No one has been charged in Champion's death. The Orange County Sheriff's Office released a statement Friday indicating that its detectives "have followed all appropriate protocols as if investigating a homicide" and suggesting that more action will be forthcoming.

And that's what frustrates us(I graduated last night) the most...we feel the pressure coming toward the general student body like we harbored this sh*t...but we had nothing to do with any of this stuff. It shocked all of us and students immediately said it was stupid and uncalled for. There are debates within the student body going on right now as students are split about the marches and all the other stuff. There are 13,000-15,000 students at FAMU, everybody doesn't share the same opinion.

Well, when a major incident occurs in a town, at a business or a school, everyone associated with those places will be effected by it in some way. At this point, FAMU and everyone who has ties to the school, has to just deal with all the attention, comments and press coverage as best they can until everything dies down.

You spoke about how there are folks at the school who are not supporting hazing or even marching up to the governor's mansion. Well, outsiders will take any perceived overzealous support for the school, band or individuals as not being sympathetic to the kid who was killed.

The same thing happened when Americans saw images on TV of those kids at Penn State rioting and mobs of people hovering outside of JoePa's house engaged in what seemed to be a pep rally after the longtime head coach was fired.

Members of the media and just casual observers branded everyone -- right or wrong -- as caring more about the football team/Paterno than the sex abuse which happened and then was covered up at the school.

That's something you can't control. You personally can't control how others will view the school or the students which attend the school. And that is a horrible position to be in as an alum, current student or an employee. It has to be tremendously frustrating when you know you are just caught up in something you didn't have anything to do with.

Back