Early Predictions for next year?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you realize that it would play perfectly into the hands of our ball-control offense? Your defense will be tired from either a bunch of quick 3 and outs, while our offense takes it time and wears your defense down. Leading to a barrage of TDs late in the 2nd Half.

Not necessarily, when we ran it back in 2010 and 2011 (especially 2011) average time of possession was around 30 minutes and we finished number 2 in total defense in one of those years. The Air Raid can be ball controlled by using a bunch of short intermediate passes out of the backfield to the backs etc. It's not gonna be a bunch of 30 to 40 yard passes downfield every play.

Not necessarily, when we ran it back in 2010 and 2011 (especially 2011) average time of possession was around 30 minutes and we finished number 2 in total defense in one of those years. The Air Raid can be ball controlled by using a bunch of short intermediate passes out of the backfield to the backs etc. It's not gonna be a bunch of 30 to 40 yard passes downfield every play.
This is not some unique offense that no one has ever seen before. Maybe 10-15 years ago, but not now.

Last edited:
Bruh we ran this same type of offense with Casey. I'm sure I have a better idea of what Hal and AJ will be running at JSU than you lol
I'm sure you do, however I don't care what offense y'all run. You will be losing your 7th game in 8 tries to Odums this fall.

I'm sure you do, however I don't care what offense y'all run. You will be losing your 7th game in 8 tries to Odums this fall.

Blah, its bck to kicking yalls arse like Comegy use to (you know those years right before you started your time period so it would sound good to you lol). Last year has nothing to do with this one. We brought in a guy that knows offense (which is what we were missing) so just prepare for this L. It ain't like yall been beating a bunch of teams with winning records lately anyways lol

Blah, its bck to kicking yalls arse like Comegy use to (you know those years right before you started your time period so it would sound good to you lol). Last year has nothing to do with this one. We brought in a guy that knows offense (which is what we were missing) so just prepare for this L. It ain't like yall been beating a bunch of teams with winning records lately anyways lol
Same thang different year!!

Odums whooped Comegy too. lol

Didnt yall say that last year? Im just saying, if im not mistaken yall started off 0-7 or 0-8 last year. But we will see. My faith in yall is smaller than a mustard seed faith.
completely different season. Not saying we gone win the SWAC but that won't happen again

completely different season. Not saying we gone win the SWAC but that won't happen again
Ive heard this story b4. Ive read the first chapter(2014), 2nd chapter (2015), 3rd chapter (2016), and 4th chapter (2017). Now lets see what this 5th chapter looks like (2018). I already know the title of it " j st returns" lol.

Our schedule is set up nicely with the toughest competition on the back end. Out of the first 7 teams only two had a winning record. The only for sure L is USM. I expect us to avg well above the 12ppg we averaged in 2017. Once this offense starts clicking (which Mumme is known for) we will be bck to kicking arse.

After the 3rd week of the schedule, we will not hear from my hommie TP :)

Bruh, I have accepted where JSU is right now. The first three weeks will be interesting but I fully expect at this point for the SCG to be at Memorial Stadium. There is not ONE team in the conference that is slated to be good right now so JSU has just as good of a chance as any! Alcorn is about to take a serious nose-dive. If we dont blow out nobody else....

Do you realize that it would play perfectly into the hands of our ball-control offense? Your defense will be tired from either a bunch of quick 3 and outs, while our offense takes it time and wears your defense down. Leading to a barrage of TDs late in the 2nd Half.

JSU has not ever really been worried about SU football. JSUs problem is JSU. If we right our ship, y'all gonna get whooped. If we don't, it will be another close game. Do you even have a QB? You had some of the best skill position players in the conference the last 2-3 years and you got nothing from it... and dont blame the sanctions because Im sure you all were cheating thru it all.. lol Just like you cheated to win in 2013. You just hope that we can score because your offense wont be able to keep up. The only thing that helps SU when they play JSU is that you all, like Valley, get up for JSU. So even when you sorry, you give JSU 110%. But man to man, SU football is of no real concern.

Ive heard this story b4. Ive read the first chapter(2014), 2nd chapter (2015), 3rd chapter (2016), and 4th chapter (2017). Now lets see what this 5th chapter looks like (2018). I already know the title of it " j st returns" lol.
im not making excuses, like i said im not saying we back all im saying is that there will be an improvement from last year. we wont average 11ppg. im ready too see how everyone gone play this year should be fun

You know what? Everything JSU has got the last 4 years, we deserved it... but there is no way we continue down that road. Its not the JSU way...and if we dont win this year, Hughes wont be our coach anymore.

Im confused because you talking like SU has done something in the last 4 years! lol When is SUx gonna return?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back