Doug Williams is still crying...two and a half years later

If I was a Doug hater I would discredit his first championship also and not just the last one. He took a 8-1 SWAC team and went 5-3 in the SWAC the next regular season. I never took anything from the team so I don't know why that was brought up. If the SWAC wasn't so weak that year then who knows what woulda happened. Hell Fobbs took a 1-10 team and went 7-2 in the SWAC the next year so why would I be head over heels for a coach who got a lucky scenario. The team was not in dismay when Doug got there and it wasn't your usual go in and turn the the program around job so it wouldn't be to difficult if you knew how to put playmakers in place like Fobbs did. Any other year 5-3 in the SWAC wouldn't get you anything. Now I do respect Doug for all he has done but Grambling football was becoming bad and we couldn't even get a new QB. If he won games he would still be there. If he built a team and won a championship then yea he would deserve I better showing but all he had to do was come in and coach. Like I said you can take it as a Doug hater but I don't. I like everything about him but his last go round. If you have to like and be behind everyone 100 percent of the time to not hate them then I must hate a lot of people.

Discrediting a coach for winning a SWAC title under any circumstances is hating. Period. Yes, we sucked in 2012 and Doug deserves to take a big kick in his -ss because he knows better, but that doesn't take away any rings he has won as a coach. There is not one SWAC program who wouldn't take that 2011 ring if offered to them. I don't care if the final score was 2-0, Doug's team found a way win that title on that day. Did you watch the 2010 title game? Ugly. The 2012 game was ugly as well, but those schools who took home titles were proud of there staff and players.

You comparison to Fobbs is ridiculous. Fobbs is walking down the yellow brick road. Please let that "SWAC was weak" BS go because we can claim that every year. I picked Fobbs to lose only 2 conference games in 2014 because I felt the SWAC was weak as hell. So what. Winning a SWAC title is what it is all about at the end of the day. Doug is gone, but I respect every single title he won as a player and coach. I b-tched and complained about several calls during his era from 1998 on back, but the man owns plenty of SWAC teams and gave us thrills aside from the 2012 trash show. Taking the good times away is hating because the writing is on the rings and in the trophy cases. Now, it's the Fobbs show and he needs to start winning titles because that is what is expected at GSU.

Discrediting a coach for winning a SWAC title under any circumstances is hating. Period. Yes, we sucked in 2012 and Doug deserves to take a big kick in his -ss because he knows better, but that doesn't take away any rings he has won as a coach. There is not one SWAC program who wouldn't take that 2011 ring if offered to them. I don't care if the final score was 2-0, Doug's team found a way win that title on that day. Did you watch the 2010 title game? Ugly. The 2012 game was ugly as well, but those schools who took home titles were proud of there staff and players.

You comparison to Fobbs is ridiculous. Fobbs is walking down the yellow brick road. Please let that "SWAC was weak" BS go because we can claim that every year. I picked Fobbs to lose only 2 conference games in 2014 because I felt the SWAC was weak as hell. So what. Winning a SWAC title is what it is all about at the end of the day. Doug is gone, but I respect every single title he won as a player and coach. I b-tched and complained about several calls during his era from 1998 on back, but the man owns plenty of SWAC teams and gave us thrills aside from the 2012 trash show. Taking the good times away is hating because the writing is on the rings and in the trophy cases. Now, it's the Fobbs show and he needs to start winning titles because that is what is expected at GSU.
If you say so man. I know what I think and we don't have to think alike. I don't know why you keep bringing up all his other championships like I'm talking down on them. I said something about the last three years and you bring up this man's whole life achievements and stuff. I will agree to disagree and go off what I feel appropriate and you can do what you want to.

Last edited:

This sounds very legit.

If you say so man. I know what I think and we don't have to think alike. I don't know why you keep bringing up all his other championships like I'm talking down on them. I said something about the last three years and you bring up this man's whole life achievements and stuff. I will agree to disagree and go off what I feel appropriate and you can do what you want to.

You talked about three years, but those three years include a SWAC title, one horrific season and one 0-2 start. I brought of the reminder of the title and the others that have been won by a guy who you are hating on as a coach. That's the facts. Say what you want, but the championships have been own. Nobody is proud is of the 2012 season, but do act as if that was all that was accomplished is just plain ignorant.

The guy that won multiple championships as your head coach aside for that 1 garbage season.

Again ASHY is still garbage and he had more than one GARBAGE SEASON dude. if you don't like my response about Doug then just skip over my comment.. He is still GARBAGE and he almost ruined the Grambling Football Program with his NONSENSE!!!

Shrugs Shoulders!! I LOVE GRAMBLING NOT NO DAMN COACH

ASHY is responsible for the 2012 & 2013 season!!!

Last edited:
From my understanding, Doug was raising money on his own to make alterations to the football facilities without going through Grambling's Facilities Department. Doug was doing some good by acquiring the necessary funds to upgrade the football facilities, but we all know we just can't N-word rig something on our own, especially facilities that are owned by the State of Louisiana. No matter how much money is donated, approval is still necessary in order to maintain consistency with Grambling's way of doing things. If Doug was given total autonomy, he just might have changed the name of Robinson Stadium to Doug Williams Stadium. At some point, people has to realize that maybe Doug was just a little out of control as a coach when it came to following the proper administrative protocol. Southernites should know that if someone tried something like that at Southern, the SU System Board would have kicked them clean off the campus.

Doug simply didn't folllow protocol. He thinks he owns Grambling when Grambling was here before he was born. Both parties (administration and Doug) were pig headed but Doug should have followed simple rules. On top of that he brought a piss poor staff with him that didn't make matters any better. I can see if he was winning but he was not. Then he forced his son down Gramblings throat, that was another problem. We all have to follow rules including Doug. If you all love him so much hire him for a coach. Don't have anything personally against him but his arrogance isn't impressive. He won his first stint but his second stint sucked. Nothing more, nothing less.

Railroad? Dude was losing, he shouldn't have been hired a second time in the first place.

These people know damn well he should have been let GO!!! But if this had been a coach on their campus they would have felt the same way. People kill me acting like we done DOUGASH sooooo wrong... Win or get the hell out of the G!!! Alumni or not

NOTHING BUT TURMOIL WITH HIM AT THE HELM!!! YA'LL ENJOYED THOSE WINS WHILE THEY LASTED

Like you said lilrj he should have NEVERRRR been hired the second time!!!! I said that and knew it would be some sh** when he returned again. That first departure has always stuck with me

Last edited:
Doug simply didn't folllow protocol. He thinks he owns Grambling when Grambling was here before he was born. Both parties (administration and Doug) were pig headed but Doug should have followed simple rules. On top of that he brought a piss poor staff with him that didn't make matters any better. I can see if he was winning but he was not. Then he forced his son down Gramblings throat, that was another problem. We all have to follow rules including Doug. If you all love him so much hire him for a coach. Don't have anything personally against him but his arrogance isn't impressive. He won his first stint but his second stint sucked. Nothing more, nothing less.

lilrj Preach on my brother but these people already know this !!!:confused::confused:

Again ASHY is still garbage and he had more than one GARBAGE SEASON dude. if you don't like my response about Doug then just skip over my comment.. He is still GARBAGE and he almost ruined the Grambling Football Program with his NONSENSE!!!

Shrugs Shoulders!! I LOVE GRAMBLING NOT NO DAMN COACH

I will comment on whatever I please because I can. I love Grambling only well. I criticized plenty during both of his terms as our coach, but I refuse to be a hater or act like 2012 was Doug's career. Like it or not. If you hate the man, then that's you. I choose to support all great Grambling men and any winning head coach with a G and a headset.

Railroad? Dude was losing, he shouldn't have been hired a second time in the first place.

I don't agree with many hate towards a man that brought great times as a player and coach, but I do agree that he shouldn't have been hired a second term. I have never been a fan for rehires.

Protocal or not, he would still be the coach if he didn't have that dreadful 2012 season. I am not here to defend Doug. Trust that.

I:eek: will comment on whatever I:eek: please because I:eek: can. I love Grambling only well. I criticized plenty during both of his terms as our coach, but I refuse to be a hater or act like 2012 was Doug's career. Like it or not. If you hate the man, then that's you. I choose to support all great Grambling men and any winning head coach with a G and a headset.
I will comment on whatever I please because I can. I love Grambling only well. I criticized plenty during both of his terms as our coach, but I refuse to be a hater or act like 2012 was Doug's career. Like it or not. If you hate the man, then that's you. I choose to support all great Grambling men and any winning head coach with a G and a headset.

:rolleyes::rolleyes: Wayyyyyy to many I's for me to read all this FOOLISHNESS!!!!

Bruh.. JSU really fugged the SWAC and BCF in 2011... lol

We lost to GSU which not only cost us the BCF National champiionship but that game also sent GSU rather than UAPB to Bham! That ONE game altered the SWAC and National Championship race!

I don't agree with many hate towards a man that brought great times as a player and coach, but I do agree that he shouldn't have been hired a second term. I have never been a fan for rehires.

Protocal or not, he would still be the coach if he didn't have that dreadful 2012 season. I am not here to defend Doug. Trust that.

Well he did had it, it happened and he's gone, it is what it is and it was what it was. Trust That.

Back