Doug Williams is still crying...two and a half years later

Interesting and self serving. You can't gloss over how the bottom fell out of the program under Williams.

I agree it is interesting and a good read. I just wish we could get more detailed inputs on HBCU football like this from legends and see what they really think. I'm not saying I'm a Coach Doug Williams fan and I don't agree with everything he said but I do like to hear opinions on it. Even if you aren't a Grambling fan it is still a good read because it can go for any HBCU and it's good to see how some coaches think in his shoes and the Problems HBCU's face.

LOL @ POP. You know Get Ready going to come in here and call Kenn a Doug hater. LMAO.

Let me think about this.........

hqdefault.jpg

Doug Haters better be careful Fall 2016:

Fobbs will be In his 3rd Season this fall. Fobbs may not have the pressure Odums will have to win, but not doing something this season will bring the sidelooks.

There's nothing like a good Ole Civil War in those Piney Woods in North Louisiana.

Was he really fired for trying to raise his own money? I know HBCU presidents can be controlling of funds, but damn.

Was he really fired for trying to raise his own money? I know HBCU presidents can be controlling of funds, but damn.

From my understanding at the time and I'm not a Doug Hater, he was terminated because he was doing things without the permission of the President and the UL System Board. You just can't go over the heads of leaders at a public university and do whatever you want. It's called maintaining institutional control. I believe the writer left that little piece out in the article. As always, there's his story versus their story and somewhere in the middle, there's the truth. Also, Grambling's football was in a downward spiral at the time with Doug's son as the QB.

From my understanding at the time and I'm not a Doug Hater, he was terminated because he was doing things without the permission of the President and the UL System Board. You just can't go over the heads of leaders at a public university and do whatever you want. It's called maintaining institutional control. I believe the writer left that little piece out in the article. As always, there's his story versus their story and somewhere in the middle, there's the truth.

That's exactly what it was...and then some.

Back