Director of Bands Position Announcement - Jackson State University

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whomever they select as Director of Bands, I hope the “Boomâ€￾ stop marching into the stadium three hours before kick off.

Ya'll just don't know the half of shat going on. :lol:
Whispering birds are tweeting that SOMEBODY is trying to get another year at the helm. :goof:

Whomever they select as Director of Bands, I hope the “Boom” stop marching into the stadium three hours before kick off.

Never happen. Most bands figured out a while ago, the best time to play with all the new rules is before and after the games. The days of marching in right before the game ended 15 years ago. The zero quarter is as big as the fifth quarter now.

Never happen. Most bands figured out a while ago, the best time to play with all the new rules is before and after the games. The days of marching in right before the game ended 15 years ago. The zero quarter is as big as the fifth quarter now.

Outside of the students and highschool kids, the majority never see this so-called ZERO-QTR at JSU games. People don't start leaving the tailgate until 30 minutes before kickoff. Just enough time to walk from the parking lot to the stadium just in time for the pre-game prayer and National Anthem. I have not seen the Boom march into Memorial in at least 5 years and that was at homecomming. I have NEVER seen a zero-qtr. :lol:

Last edited:
Whispering birds are tweeting that SOMEBODY is trying to get another year at the helm. :goof:

"Let sleeping dogs lie", Lewis Liddell is returning as Director of Bands, again?

We can thank the "Human Jukebox" for that.

"Let sleeping dogs lie", Lewis Liddell is returning as Director of Bands, again?

Hell no.............The search is still going on.

He out and need to stay out after the way shat got fugged up under his term. That is why I didn't want to see him back in no capacity at JSU. I had a feeling once he got a toe back in the door, he would quietly try to weezle his way back into the captains chair. :lol:

Last edited:

He's messing with his PERS retirement if he's trying to comeback another year. You can only work up to 18 months on a 'limited-services contract' basis.

But hey, this is Mississippi. We just pardoned killers and murderers from the Governors mansion, so anything's possible

Outside of the students and highschool kids, the majority never see this so-called ZERO-QTR at JSU games. People don't start leaving the tailgate until 30 minutes before kickoff. Just enough time to walk from the parking lot to the stadium just in time for the pre-game prayer and National Anthem. I have not seen the Boom march into Memorial in at least 5 years and that was at homecomming. I have NEVER seen a zero-qtr. :lol:

Never said it was for the football fans. Its more for young bandheads. This is the youtube age. I never watch pre or post game stuff for the most part, but its all on youtube by Tuesday. The choice is on the fan. Most people tailgate as long as they can. But if you want to see them march in that bad.......go in the stadium, lol! If not finish off them ribs, it will be on youtube by Sunday afternoon.

Hell no.............The search is still going on.

He out and need to stay out after the way shat got fugged up under his term. That is why I didn't want to see him back in no capacity at JSU. I had a feeling once he got a toe back in the door, he would quietly try to weezle his way back into the captains chair. :lol:

I think Haley Balbour should have pardon Liddell also. :shame:

Last edited:

WTF! :smh:

I'll interpret for you. What he/she is saying, Since Liddell take over in 1992, The "Boom" doesn't measure up to a Haughton/Taylor led "Boom". Liddell led "Booms" couldn't keep a straight line and tradition was lost under Liddell's leadership.

I'll interpret for you. What he/she is saying, Since Liddell take over in 1992, The "Boom" doesn't measure up to a Haughton/Taylor led "Boom". Liddell led "Booms" couldn't keep a straight line and tradition was lost under Liddell's leadership.

I think thats a matter of opinion but true there were some things that should've been passed down...but 91 and 92 were some of the worst Boom years!

Under ANY and ALL band leaderships, the Boom has STILL managed to keep a solid band and still on top of MANY other SWAC bands. Even in the "less popular" Boom years-- according to YA'LL, the Boom could and is still better than many bands.

And marching was still in tact in Liddell's EARLY years (early- through MID 90s) -- as long as Pop was there. Marching fell off when Pop left, because he was over drills. Drills was never Liddell's strongest interest; we all know that's clear.

And not all traditions were lost under Liddell's leadership. Ya'll folks kill me acting like you were directly connected to the Boom to know all the ins and outs. :xeye:

Under ANY and ALL band leaderships, the Boom has STILL managed to keep a solid band and still on top of MANY other SWAC bands. Even in the "less popular" Boom years-- according to YA'LL, the Boom could and is still better than many bands.

And marching was still in tact in Liddell's EARLY years (early- through MID 90s) -- as long as Pop was there. Marching fell off when Pop left, because he was over drills. Drills was never Liddell's strongest interest; we all know that's clear.

And not all traditions were lost under Liddell's leadership. Ya'll folks kill me acting like you were directly connected to the Boom to know all the ins and outs. :xeye:

^^^^^She is speaking fo most of us Boomer's right here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back