Director of Bands Position Announcement - Jackson State University

Status
Not open for further replies.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
I think JR is a band historian?
icon14.gif

LOL. I guess I have just been around which means I am getting old. But hell I got a lot of my training on trumpet from JSU grads growing up. I went to clinics at JSU during my upbringing in Jackson and had student teachers from Jr High and High School from there. So I was exposed to all the folks in the JSU Music Department over there from the 70s and 80s. Not to mention my Jr High (Brinkley) and HS (Callaway) directors both marched at JSU under SIVAD (Prof Davis). Can't help but know a lot of folks. My HS was and is still a pipeline to the Boom. I just escaped the trend. LOL.

LOL. I guess I have just been around which means I am getting old. But hell I got a lot of my training on trumpet from JSU grads growing up. I went to clinics at JSU during my upbringing in Jackson and had student teachers from Jr High and High School from there. So I was exposed to all the folks in the JSU Music Department over there from the 70s and 80s. Not to mention my Jr High (Brinkley) and HS (Callaway) directors both marched at JSU under SIVAD (Prof Davis). Can't help but know a lot of folks. My HS was and is still a pipeline to the Boom. I just escaped the trend. LOL.

LB, you forgot to mention that you have total recall and photographic memory....seriously. You don't forget anything bruh!

Well, I just hope the new Director of Bands bring some tradition back to the Boom and that includes the J-Settes.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
MODS/ADMIN, could you please leave this thread closed? If you've got to delete five posts, you see the direction this thread has turned. And it's beyond 100 posts. Please, leave CLOSED.

MODS/ADMIN, could you please leave this thread closed? If you've got to delete five posts, you see the direction this thread has turned. And it's beyond 100 posts. Please, leave CLOSED.

Threads are closed at 200 post.

The direction only changed yesterday.

Crit, you usually are the instigator when a thread takes a turn for the worst on the Band Board. :wavey:

I thought this thread was pretty tame compared to other ones. Nothing really inflammatory. Besides the arguing of why a Doctorate vs a Masters should be a Band Director. LOL. That was actually between a couple of Gram folks and nothing negative. The rest was pretty ho hum I thought. DaCon had some interesting comments that were a good read. Maybe I missed something.:noidea:

I thought this thread was pretty tame compared to other ones. Nothing really inflammatory. Besides the arguing of why a Doctorate vs a Masters should be a Band Director. LOL. That was actually between a couple of Gram folks and nothing negative. The rest was pretty ho hum I thought. DaCon had some interesting comments that were a good read. Maybe I missed something.:noidea:

Yeah, what you missed (posts) was deleted by an administrator. I guess no one acts like a lady or a gentlemen anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back