Director of Bands Position Announcement - Jackson State University

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well they have always said, "opinions are like _ _ _ holes", we all have one. :wavey:

I don't have a problem with opinions.
What's not an opinion is knowing about all our traditions and history of how the hiring process has been in the past with selecting JSU's directors. Those are some of the things folks have spoken to and don't know have a true clue- just assumptions. :wavey:

Ya'll are taking this waaaaaaaaaaaaay to serious. :goof:

Everybody lighten up til something comes out. :licky:

Ya'll are taking this waaaaaaaaaaaaay to serious. :goof:

Everybody lighten up til something comes out. :licky:

The "Lewis Liddell era Boomers" have an inferiority complex, don't know who gave it to them, but I can feel their pain, being treated like the "black sheep" of the "Sonic Boom family" ain't nothing nice, it's nothing to "Baaaaa" about. Luv the Boom!

The "Lewis Liddell era Boomers" have an inferiority complex, don't know who gave it to them, but I can feel their pain, being treated like the "black sheep" of the "Sonic Boom family" ain't nothing nice, it's nothing to "Baaaaa" about. Luv the Boom!

This is laughable. Those of us who marched under Liddell don't feel this way YA'LL think we do. :lol:

I'm proud of the years I was in the Boom! :) It's some of ya'll who act like ya'll wished you marched inthe Boom by the way ya'll constantly instigate and assume of what's goes on with our band.

Wait...you telling folks to lighten up is like Paula Dean telling folks to not eat butter. :emlaugh:

Now see................:goof:
When ole Jstate83 try to be the voice of reason, ya'll drag the Staggalee83 right back out of me. :lmao:

Don't make us come back and hurt somebody.
staff3.jpg
images

Last edited:
Now see................:goof:
When ole Jstate83 try to be the voice of reason, ya'll drag the Staggalee83 right back out of me. :lmao:

Don't make us come back and hurt somebody.
staff3.jpg
images

LOL @ Frat. Done went old skool on them with the pics. I can hear you and the bruhs in the corner at the game now. Especially your LB's. LMAO.

LOL @ Frat. Done went old skool on them with the pics. I can hear you and the bruhs in the corner at the game now. Especially your LB's. LMAO.

Me and LB would come back and OOOOOHHHH!!!! To bad hazing will get you a jail sentence now. :lmao:

Then........1983
frat2.jpg

Now ........ Homecomming 2011
frat3.jpg

Last edited:
What??? Somebody said sumpthin???

And ya'll betta not be messin with my soror....(although she can handle herself...)

I think thats a matter of opinion but true there were some things that should've been passed down...but 91 and 92 were some of the worst Boom years!

91-92 season was embarrassing. I think that was the year they let Pop lead the band. HUGE mistake. Dude was worse than Murray.

I applied for the position.

As your new Director of Bands, I promise to drill like the 80s, sound like 1990 and keep the power of the 2000s. We will have a different show on a weekly basis with new dance techniques. I will bring the fat boy back out along with the infamous JSU twirlers and put WT back in the drill. I will throw away all the uniforms and ask Canton to borrow theirs. We will have endorsements from Nike, Chik-Fil-A, Taco Bell and KFC. In fact, I promise to put a taco on every plate after practice.

Vote for Chalupa!!!

As your new Director of Bands, I promise to drill like the 80s, sound like 1990 and keep the power of the 2000s. We will have a different show on a weekly basis with new dance techniques. I will bring the fat boy back out along with the infamous JSU twirlers and put WT back in the drill. I will throw away all the uniforms and ask Canton to borrow theirs. We will have endorsements from Nike, Chik-Fil-A, Taco Bell and KFC. In fact, I promise to put a taco on every plate after practice.

Vote for Chalupa!!!

Heyaaal naw! :lol:

Last edited:

Vote for Chalupa!!!

Hell Yea Chalupa!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back