Case Study SWAC football vs fbs (SU vs utsa)

@Bighead is the most unhappy fan in the SWACdom….LOL If you ever become King a lot of SWAC coaches are headed to the guillotine….LOL

Nah big brother.

Wanting better results isn't me not being unhappy. It's just disappointing and folks accept this because this is all what they've been chewing on.

Fans deserve better. Players too. We see better at these other programs with your UGAs, Miss St, Bama's, and these cacs aint no better than our coaches, they just give more a dayum and look deep inside the rabbit hole.

Lol

Just want more from outta these dudes that's coaching in this league, that's the only way this league will be above Pop Warner status IMO

And what's crazy. I catch a lot of slack, but I'm presenting hard evidence with clips, by clipping and pointing out the stuff that I asked we improve on and implement in our program, What's wrong with seeing a FS blitz every now and then. Bama and Kansas do it all the time and Kansas is pissy. I can see if I was pulling things outta the sky, but I'm presenting clips of the stuff that I am addressing and letting ppl see that it's night and day with our coaches.

Just gotta get in that film room more and study more. The rabbit goes a bit deep than what coaches think

I'm just a fan, and know more than 93% of the coaches in this league and that's sad IMO

Last edited:
@Bighead is the most unhappy fan in the SWACdom….LOL If you ever become King a lot of SWAC coaches are headed to the guillotine….LOL

The 1st 3 games of last year, IF I was the A.D. Odums ass would have lost his job behind that goofy ass pop warner sh1t he pulled with our special teams

His ass would be out this bih, it aint fair to these kids to not know how to get off Punts and block protect for the punter.

High School and Middle school teams can get off punts and we can't as a collegiate program. Nah, get your sh1t and go mess somebody else program with that goofy sh1t.

Oh best believe my foot would stay on that neck

Hbcus don't beat colleges that aren't hbcus because of coaching. Period. Coaching involves strength training, speed training, adjustments, strategy, game approach, efficient situation practices, nutrition, etc. Yes...it can be done. That is the problem, getting an hbcu coach who beats those teams, too. Alcorn could have come close but Hopson would have needed to get even more creative on things other than just plays and situation awareness. Until then, let the ramp heads play in the same sandlot.

I stay saying this but folks think I'm the bad guy and giving these dudes a hard time.

Nah they giving themselves a hard time. As I stated about SU, we couldn't get a dayum punt off in 3 games. Now do you think Les Miles, Kirby or Nick would be in a position like that for their first 3 games? Hell no, they wouldn't put up with it in practice.

Sh1t is just down right sad and fans on here accept that below mediocre crap but wanna play big schools.

SU taking their asses to TCU, man I stated they should throw that bih 60 times and treat it like a 7 on 7 because nothing will be gained from that game.

I wouldn't even play my starters if I was the Head Coach, just down right sad. Odums won't even open the playbook, the Defense will be so green and base, why even go the length to even play your starters in this game. I'd rather see them get hurt in a game that's meaningful than this crap if we gonna play that argument.

Hopson came into this league with less talent than SU and SU was never close in any game against this guy. We were dayum near blown out in our HC but came back. We were lost outta that game and Odums was getting his ass dragged in the coaching ring.
Went to Alcorn and it was over by halftime. In the ship game, same thing, we had a lil momentum but coaching prevailed once again and we got beat. The game here in A.W. the bad weather game, we got our asses handed to us. Dude game plan was just done right immaculate against us and he was the only coach in the league to put the clamps on us when we was 50 piecing everybody Lol.

Folks on here can't understand that it's comes down to coaching.

Nick Saban could take Valley next year with the roster that they have and be in contentions. Smh.

Last edited:
Comegy proved that it ain’t doesn’t work. It’s way more than Xs and Os at our schools.

I group Comegy in the same boat as all these dudes.

Xs and Os is what makes your team good.

As I stated, Nick or Kirby or Myer could take that same Valley and have them competing

You all really need to stop this nonsense logic lol. I was at Bama State the same time as Darnell Kennedy and had 3 classes with him. Do you know how many times I saw that dude in class that whole year? Now ask me if he failed a single one of those classes. And he wasn't the only one either lol. Hell I stayed in the athletes dorm. This whole rhetoric that most athletes that go to white schools are taking basic math and the athletes that attend HBCU's are legit students is complete nonsense. Where did this logic even come from?? Hell you've had athletes from SWAC schools themselves come on here and dismiss this more than once yet people keep saying it. I spent a good amount of time at Bama State, AAMU and Howard...its just not the real lol. There were dudes that could barely read starting every single Saturday.

The implementation of the APR requirements have changed academics at Bama State. Now, athletes are out performing the general student body.

I truly believe folks don't understand the depth of coaching and what all goes into coaching.

If Nick Saban had SU 2015 or 2016 or last year's team, SU would run through the SWAC

If Alcorn's ex coach, the cac, had less talent and ran the SWAC, what is you saying breh?

The talent level in this conference is pretty much leveled out. The coaching in this conference is ass.

Nick Saban could have taken that SU team from 2015 and beaten a Top FCS program
You are so lost smh. First off, dude has all the analyst, support staff, etc he wants at his disposil . He has people studying 1 team all year long. He won’t have this on our level. Saban has the best players in college football. When he has to go to Financial aid to see about getting a kid in school, have funding issues , or have to ride a bus for 8 hours he will lose his mind..

Last edited:
Man yall so clueless saying Saban would be just like our coaches when right there in your very face Hopson came in and built sad ass Alcorn smh

Ppl just say and post anything just to be posting. Do we not understand what's going on around us

Hopson took sad ass Alcorn and ran the SWAC, But yall saying Saban couldn't do it because he doesn't have analysts nor the resource (vague ass word)

Man yall really are casual fans.

Hopson came to Alcorn and got them right on track but yet Saban who has won dayum near everywhere he's been at couldn't take a team in this pissy league and dominant.

I can't believe I've typed all this smh

You are so lost smh. First off, dude has all the analyst, support staff, etc he wants at his disposure. He has people studying 1 team all year long. He won’t have this on our level. Saban has the best players in college football. When he has to go to Financial aid to see about getting a kid in school, have funding issues , or have to ride a bus for 8 hours he will lose his mind..

So what's the excuse for Hopson? who did the same thing that I am telling you Saban would do??

You do know Alcorn wasn't competing for ships before Hopson came on board right? And you telling me Saban wouldn't do what in the SWAC Lol?

Man yall really don't understand X's and O's of this game.

What you just said about the best players and all that has nothing to do with this man success. He knows how to "coach and teach" and we have "coaches" in our league that don't know how to "coach and teach"

8 hours bus rides will not allow Saban to win in this league?? Lol. We serious right now or we just happy it's Friday Lol. Like really

It's no disrespect, I'm just posting big brother, but I have to disagree with you on about how Saban wouldn't win when Hopson had the SWAC in a chokehold

So what's the excuse for Hopson? who did the same thing that I am telling you Saban would do??

You do know Alcorn wasn't competing for ships before Hopson came on board right? And you telling me Saban wouldn't do what in the SWAC Lol?

Man yall really don't understand X's and O's of this game.

What you just said about the best players and all that has nothing to do with this man success. He knows how to "coach and teach" and we have "coaches" in our league that don't know how to "coach and teach"

8 hours bus rides will not allow Saban to win in this league?? Lol. We serious right now or we just happy it's Friday Lol. Like really
Smh, Hobson won the SWAC one time, same amount as Odums.

You know alcorn has been good before right? This white man didn’t show up and do anything that Casem hadn’t already done. Damn fool.

You know alcorn has been good before right? This white man didn’t show up and do anything that Casem hadn’t already done. Damn fool.

Look here big bro

You don't me, nor do I know you, so let's hold off on the name-calling. It aint that deep bro.

Put me on ignore if I'm getting under your skin like that. It's never that serious with bro. I don't do internet beefs very well.

Before Casem when was the last time Alcorn won SWAC

My apologies for calling you out your name.

You cannot use Hopson as some shinning example while at the same time you have pissed on Fobbs and Odums. Grambling was 1 and whatever before Fobbs. Southern was awful with Stump before Odoms. Each turned a bad situation around to a championship level.

Who did Alcorn beat out of conference when Hopson was at the helm? The answer is not a single quality team.

My apologies for calling you out your name.

You cannot use Hopson as some shinning example while at the same time you have pissed on Fobbs and Odums. Grambling was 1 and whatever before Fobbs. Southern was awful with Stump before Odoms. Each turned a bad situation around to a championship level.

Who did Alcorn beat out of conference when Hopson was at the helm? The answer is not a single quality team.

Hell. We can do one better. Go look at Alcorn’s out of conference schedules during the Hopson years

2012: at James Madison; at Arkansas State;
2013: Edward Waters; at Mississippi State
2014: Lynchburg-VA; Louisiana College
2015: at Georgia Tech; Concordia-Selma

So in that stretch, Alcorn played two Power 5 teams (Mississippi State and Georgia Tech); One Group of Five team (Arkansas State); one FCS team (James Madison) and the rest either Division III or Lower (Louisiana College, Edward Waters, Lynchburg-Va and Concordia-Selma)

Only games Alcorn won OOC was Edward Waters, Lynchburg-VA, Louisiana College and Concordia-Selma. You tell me if Saban with Alcorn could've won those other games ...

Last edited:
Head of Big, I think Shawn Robinson will be named tcu's starting QB. He has more physicality and speed, more than naught, than SU's LBer core. If tcu has a bruiser @ QB who looks/has the physicality of a LBer, how do you think their OL will matchup against SU's DL? Don't look @ paper stats brah because their 6'3" 295lbs is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay differing than our 6'3" 295lbs. Theirs has 10% body fat and can bench press/squat a mack truck. Ours can barely rep a measly 225lbs 9X and squat a 15" spare tire w/ 32% body fat in tow. smh

Hbcus don't beat colleges that aren't hbcus because of coaching. Period. Coaching involves strength training, speed training, adjustments, strategy, game approach, efficient situation practices, nutrition, etc. Yes...it can be done. That is the problem, getting an hbcu coach who beats those teams, too. Alcorn could have come close but Hopson would have needed to get even more creative on things other than just plays and situation awareness. Until then, let the ramp heads play in the same sandlot.

Somewhat. But, we have to start building programs. Ask yourself, why is St. Augustine the most consistent HBCU program? They have a program, and great athletes.

Also, basically, you are saying black people can't compete at a higher level. The football, strength, and nutrition coaches are caucasian at big institutions. Basically, we as have people have so much faith in white people that we forget our own abilities.

Let's see, how Coach K, or Saban does with one-star recruits? So, many white people have gotten rich off our talents' that it's appalling.

Back