Case Study SWAC football vs fbs (SU vs utsa)

No. I was talking about the inferiority complex of some posters on here. They really believe that white coaches have a bag of magic in their pocket.

White coaches go the extra mile and understand the game more.

Again, why did the cac coach from Alcorn beat SU consistently?? when we had the better talent??

It would be a massacre. When you have depth and talent. It's like having a Ferrari and dime piece in the passenger seat.

Again, if coaching was so great. The same coach would go and recruit anybody to play.

Dude Odums could have that same team Bama has, and they are not winning any championship? Yes or No??

From looking at how he's coached now here at SU and what he has not shown vs what Saban has shown, if Odums was to walk into Bama's coaching HC tomorrow, would bama finish number 1 this year? Hell no. Bama won't even finish 3rd in the SEC West if Odums took over

If Saban walks into SU HC coaching job tomorrow, coaches around the SWAC hell the HBCU world are scared and the whining will start.

Saban takes over SU this year, SU is not losing a game outside of TCU, I think they would beat LA Tech or that game will be close. TCU would be their only lose

LA Tech will thrash us when we play them in 3 weeks or so with Odums as our coach

What is it you not understanding that our coaches are not into full details, bad game-planners, no sense of knowing it's a game within a game, no sense of causing any disruptions in others game plans. No sense of the chess match-up internal game.

Our coaches are not into that. How do I know? Well I see the sht in our league on Saturdays. I can see the chess match-up when I'm watching a Bama vs Miss.St. I can see the adjustments and shifts after "each" series. We wait until halftime or mid-way the 3rd quarter to try and change or hell we may not change at all our game plans and that's Pop Warner stuff

It would be a massacre. When you have depth and talent. It's like having a Ferrari and dime piece in the passenger seat.

Again, if coaching was so great. The same coach would go and recruit anybody to play.

Breh

I've gone to all or listened to of SU games last year and they blitzed their FS one time and that was in the Bayou Classic. The last game of the season Why?? Lol That makes absolutely no sense to me

Why is that? No FS blitz throughout the season but wait until the last game to do this?

Saban makes his FS after the QB all the time, thus their reason to going to the pros because he utilizes his FS to their highest potential

Your job as a coach is to make everybody on your team a factor or threat. Create playmakers. Coaches create playmakers by drawing up schemes, plays for them. Believe or not, I was the one that constant advocated putting Willie Quinn in the back field with Tillary Lol.
You show a different look in offense, defense has to make adjustments to that package and you can do other things with a look like that. A RB screen to Willie Quinn or Tillery.

Willie Quinn is SR year, he should have been all lined up all over that dayum field and not just the slot position.

I'm just using the FS blitzing as an example as coaching, that's just 1 small aspect of coaching

White coaches go the extra mile and understand the game more.

Again, why did the cac coach from Alcorn beat SU consistently?? when we had the better talent??

No. You shouldgo and look at the support at UA. The lowest assistant on the football staff make more than any HBCU head coach. Honestly, they have no worries in Tuscaloosa. If they went the extra mile, why don't they recruit from anywhere? No, they recruit the best at every position. Go look at their roster. I bet, the third team is full of former 5-star players.

Breh

I've gone to all or listened to of SU games last year and they blitzed their FS one time and that was in the Bayou Classic. The last game of the season Why?? Lol That makes absolutely no sense to me

Why is that? No FS blitz throughout the season but wait until the last game to do this?

Saban makes his FS after the QB all the time, thus their reason to going to the pros because he utilizes his FS to their highest potential

Your job as a coach is to make everybody on your team a factor or threat. Create playmakers. Coaches create playmakers by drawing up schemes, plays for them. Believe or not, I was the one that constant advocated putting Willie Quinn in the back field with Tillary Lol.
You show a different look in offense, defense has to make adjustments to that package and you can do other things with a look like that. A RB screen to Willie Quinn or Tillery.

Willie Quinn is SR year, he should have been all lined up all over that dayum field and not just the slot position.

I'm just using the FS blitzing as an example as coaching, that's just 1 small aspect of coaching

Again, some of the players on Alabama's roster are NFL ready. Have you seen their defensive linemen? They can go three deep with depth. They draw pressure on every play. When your d-linemen is in the backfield on every play. The secondary will have fresh legs.

Again, some of the players on Alabama's roster are NFL ready. Have you seen their defensive linemen? They can go three deep with depth. They draw pressure on every play. When your d-linemen is in the backfield on every play. The secondary will have fresh legs.

Players are NFL roster ready why?

You missing that key point, what made them NFL ready. They were coached to be NFL ready. You don't step on a field and be NFL ready

So using your statement, Calvin Riddley or whatever his name came outta High School and when he got to Bama he was NFL ready? He can make a NFL roster?

Their defensive line is just big, You can google another roster in the Big Ten and see the same numbers on their defensive linemen. Bama doesn't even have the biggest nor best D-line in the country?

They draw pressure because they are coached to draw pressure. You do know they were SRs in High School

So you're telling me they came into Bama as a FR and was able to be dominant?

I'll tell you what. Name the last FR defensive Linemen from Bama that was NFL ready?/ That came str8 outta HS and showed up to camp, started, beat out the other linemen that were "coached" the techniques to get that type of pressure you talk about. Name me a FR Defensive Lineman from ANY school in the SEC that was NFL ready just because they showed up at camp.

Hell name me any FR player at ANY position from ANY SEC school that was NFL ready without coaching? I'll wait.

Breh

I don't know what to tell you but the coaching hole runs deep than what you think.

No. You shouldgo and look at the support at UA. The lowest assistant on the football staff make more than any HBCU head coach. Honestly, they have no worries in Tuscaloosa. If they went the extra mile, why don't they recruit from anywhere? No, they recruit the best at every position. Go look at their roster. I bet, the third team is full of former 5-star players.

What are you speaking about breh.

I'm asking you, let's stay on the target, if coaching didn't matter and coaches win off talent.

Explain to me why the cac coach from Alcorn consistently beat the hell out of SU when SU in every match-up had the better talent when he was there?

Why is that he's the only coach in this league to move up and coach at another level?

Odums won the SWAC in 2013, had a good team in 2014 and had the best team the first 5 weeks in 2015 and yet he's still here coaching at this level??

Why is that?

Let me ask you this:

Do you think former WR Chad Williams that played at GSU 2 years ago is better than Riddley from Bama??

What separates Chad from Bama's WR?

What separates Willie Quinn from the slot WR that plays at FSU or the FR from UGA that scored 2 TDs in the championship game. Him and Willie runs the same speed, both quick, both have hands, so why would one think the kid at UGA is better than Quinn?

Let's take Dan Williams from JSU, do you think LSU WR Duval is better than Dan Williams?

Let's start there

Let's break all these old ass myths about "they got the best players, they got the better players" crap and let's really talk what separates their coaches from ours

I agree w/ you lilC but I'm still waiting to meet the person who takes the challenge and buys a mule to run in the kentucky derby. Only a SPECIFIC type of bred and trained entity can run and perform there. Kinda' sorta' like what happens @ the collegiate level of football. If you say otherwise, I want to see Texas College and its recruits go head to head vs a bama univ or auburn w/ TC having "solid coaching."

Kinfolk stop gassing these people up before I mention some east TX high schools that would hang at least 21 on some of "our" schools...
Lordt. Coaches recruit. Coaches should also get down and approach the game to win with adjustments, nutrition, strength, contingency and situational practices and drills. It is not always run it again...sometimes it is RUN IT LIKE THIS ON THIS DOWN AGAINST THIS OPPONENT. Or...yes...two backs in the backfield against THIS opponent. Again I'm not saying race is a factor for anything but the media bringing views on television for ratings, etc.

Bighead, Alcorn was having success with Southern before Hopson got there. Alcorn was like 1 or 2 games behind in the series before Hopson got there. I don't care how bad Alcorn was and how good Southern was. Alcorn was going to give Southern hell. Remember Alcorn gave Southern their only loss in 2013 at home. Being honest, I think Southern had more success against Grambling than they have against Alcorn. Alcorn gets up for Southern. Now with the situation about Hopson. Hopson only took the job when Alcorn set him up for success. He even put some of his own money into the program. It was a win-win for him because Alcorn gave him his first Head Coaching job and he was only 45 minutes from his family in Vicksburg, MS. He hired good coaches and let his coaches do their job. Also he paid attention to detail. He worked on fixing OL and DL. That is a reason that Alcorn is so successful running the ball. That is also the reason that Alcorn was very successful against teams with no major threat at QB. Hopson was a good recruiter and his staff coached. Hopson and Fobbs was in the running for the ULM job. McNeese St. head coach took the job when all others dropped out when it was shown that ULM wasn't going to set the program up for success. Alcorn AD was even in the running for the AD job and he even dropped out. Their athletic budget is no better than the top teams in the SWAC. Hopson got the job at USM because their HC got named the OC at Tampa Bay. USM knew he was good when they had to cheat to win in 2014 and he was the DC there when Jeff Bower was there. Him being white didn't make him a better coach. Fobbs is a good coach as well. Odums will have to fix his defense and I think he would do well.

And on the inferiority complex issue... I have anything BUT one. I've followed S David Gates, Neil deGrasse Tyson and my father's BLACK engineering friends when he used to check their work. Hire thinking coaches, get results.

Bighead, Alcorn was having success with Southern before Hopson got there. Alcorn was like 1 or 2 games behind in the series before Hopson got there. I don't care how bad Alcorn was and how good Southern was. Alcorn was going to give Southern hell. Remember Alcorn gave Southern their only loss in 2013 at home. Being honest, I think Southern had more success against Grambling than they have against Alcorn. Alcorn gets up for Southern. Now with the situation about Hopson. Hopson only took the job when Alcorn set him up for success. He even put some of his own money into the program. It was a win-win for him because Alcorn gave him his first Head Coaching job and he was only 45 minutes from his family in Vicksburg, MS. He hired good coaches and let his coaches do their job. Also he paid attention to detail. He worked on fixing OL and DL. That is a reason that Alcorn is so successful running the ball. That is also the reason that Alcorn was very successful against teams with no major threat at QB. Hopson was a good recruiter and his staff coached. Hopson and Fobbs was in the running for the ULM job. McNeese St. head coach took the job when all others dropped out when it was shown that ULM wasn't going to set the program up for success. Alcorn AD was even in the running for the AD job and he even dropped out. Their athletic budget is no better than the top teams in the SWAC. Hopson got the job at USM because their HC got named the OC at Tampa Bay. USM knew he was good when they had to cheat to win in 2014 and he was the DC there when Jeff Bower was there. Him being white didn't make him a better coach. Fobbs is a good coach as well. Odums will have to fix his defense and I think he would do well.

That's a good assesment.

Odums is not a thinking coach. Ole dude hit it on the head, we don't have "thinking" ass coaches in this league.

How do I know Odums isn't a thinking coach?

We couldn't run a RB screen to save our life. That sht looked so dayum ugly and sloppy and embarrassing. I'm like really. This doesn't fall on the kids, it falls on the coaching staff, are you teaching the proper timing, the proper angles?? Who pulls out 1st? Who leads? etc.

RB screen is ran perfectly at the middle school level, when we ran the sht, the shat was just ugly. That there alone tells me all I need to know about you as a coach.

We couldn't get off a punt in 3 games.

Odums IMO has to be more a "thinker" than a dayum motivator. That's good but what are you doing on the field with these kids to distance yourself from these sad ass coaches in this league.

As I stated, the defense is so green, our offense became predictable, I remember when we would run on 1st and 2nd down, the same plays and then pass. Lol. Like really breh?

That's what I mean when I talk about chess matches in games

This may come off as me bashing Odums, and I am not, I'm bashing his coaching skills, only wanting better. These kids deserve better

If I am a parent and I got the top FS coming outta HS, I want to know how will my son be around the ball? If all you're going to use him as, him being the deep person, and we gotta another school, telling me, he's going to blitz the QB, play around the LOS and also cover X, Y, Z in packages, then where do you think my son is going??

See #3 from FSU, how they had him lining up on the field.

See the DB from Bama #22 how they had him lining up on the field.

We say recruit but we don't unpack that word and process, what is it that our coaches are telling these "players". How can you make that kid that plays SS the best in the SWAC? I bet Bama can make that kid the best SS in the SEC.

See the difference?? You start unpacking stuff and you start to see why we don't get certain players

You aint lying. Shidddd yall gave us our only lost in 2003 when we won the conference. Alcorn always gives us a hard game than anybody in the conference.

Compare Bama FS

Compare SU FS

Compare Bama's DB #29 sacks and tackles and rushes on the QB, tackles around the LOS, blitzes

Compare SU DB Danny Johnson sacks/tackles, rushes on the QB, tackles around the LOS, blitzes

You can't sit up here and say coaching doesn't have a MAJOR part in our game.

Sht is like night and day, that's why there games are more exciting, every play is a cat and mouse game at the bigger level. Our sht aint on any level.

Our coaches aint even thinking on that type of level, taking chances.

Look at UGA slot FR WR and how they get him the ball and see how SU gets the ball to our slot WRs.

Their O.C. draws up packages, plays, they know what the defense will do before they even do it, if such and such lines-up like this.

One play at the top level, can be a beauty to watch when you un-pack it.

Our shit aint even pretty Lol

You aint lying. Shidddd yall gave us our only lost in 2003 when we won the conference. Alcorn always gives us a hard game than anybody in the conference.

That's true what he said, but we would be in those games.

Hopson came and we would literally be getting our asses thrashed. Game over with in the 3rd to 4th quarter.

With the exception of H.C. (and we were down big in that game) we pretty much been outta the game.

That's true what he said, but we would be in those games.

Hopson came and we would literally be getting our asses thrashed. Game over with in the 3rd to 4th quarter.

With the exception of H.C. (and we were down big in that game) we pretty much been outta the game.
Aight Bighead, hopefully our coach does better this season with the help of spring practice. Bighead you also have to look at Coach O hasn't been a head coach that long so cut him some slack because I believe in those years he was learning how to become a head coach.

Compare Bama FS

Compare SU FS

Compare Bama's DB #29 sacks and tackles and rushes on the QB, tackles around the LOS, blitzes

Compare SU DB Danny Johnson sacks/tackles, rushes on the QB, tackles around the LOS, blitzes

You can't sit up here and say coaching doesn't have a MAJOR part in our game.

Sht is like night and day, that's why there games are more exciting, every play is a cat and mouse game at the bigger level. Our sht aint on any level.

Our coaches aint even thinking on that type of level, taking chances.

Look at UGA slot FR WR and how they get him the ball and see how SU gets the ball to our slot WRs.

Their O.C. draws up packages, plays, they know what the defense will do before they even do it, if such and such lines-up like this.

One play at the top level, can be a beauty to watch when you un-pack it.

Our shit aint even pretty Lol

Show me what ND State, James Madison and Sam Houston and other FCS teams do differently than SWAC schools? What are schools are on our level are doing?

Your problem with these comparisons is your looking at Power 5 schools and comparing them to FCS schools. Apples and oranges. We want oranges and oranges.

That's a good assesment.

Odums is not a thinking coach. Ole dude hit it on the head, we don't have "thinking" ass coaches in this league.

How do I know Odums isn't a thinking coach?

We couldn't run a RB screen to save our life. That sht looked so dayum ugly and sloppy and embarrassing. I'm like really. This doesn't fall on the kids, it falls on the coaching staff, are you teaching the proper timing, the proper angles?? Who pulls out 1st? Who leads? etc.

RB screen is ran perfectly at the middle school level, when we ran the sht, the shat was just ugly. That there alone tells me all I need to know about you as a coach.

We couldn't get off a punt in 3 games.

Odums IMO has to be more a "thinker" than a dayum motivator. That's good but what are you doing on the field with these kids to distance yourself from these sad ass coaches in this league.

As I stated, the defense is so green, our offense became predictable, I remember when we would run on 1st and 2nd down, the same plays and then pass. Lol. Like really breh?

That's what I mean when I talk about chess matches in games

This may come off as me bashing Odums, and I am not, I'm bashing his coaching skills, only wanting better. These kids deserve better

If I am a parent and I got the top FS coming outta HS, I want to know how will my son be around the ball? If all you're going to use him as, him being the deep person, and we gotta another school, telling me, he's going to blitz the QB, play around the LOS and also cover X, Y, Z in packages, then where do you think my son is going??

See #3 from FSU, how they had him lining up on the field.

See the DB from Bama #22 how they had him lining up on the field.

We say recruit but we don't unpack that word and process, what is it that our coaches are telling these "players". How can you make that kid that plays SS the best in the SWAC? I bet Bama can make that kid the best SS in the SEC.

See the difference?? You start unpacking stuff and you start to see why we don't get certain players

Okay. I understand you.

I must admit, we must work on the basics in HBCU football. Some of our coaches rely to much on our athletic ability than fundamentals and techniques.

But, we have to start working in the off season to win during the season

Back