Case Study SWAC football vs fbs (SU vs utsa)

+1.

Most thought PV on paper matched up w/ shsu. PV did not. shsu OL > PV OL. shsu DL > PV DL. shsu QB >>>>>>>>> PV QBs. shsu WRs > PV WRs. shsu LBs > PV LBs. However, PV coaching > shsu coaching.

Coach Simmons and staff did a bangup job w/ their gameplanning, considering they had a RB at QB, behind an overall physically WEAK OL holding on a TON of plays smh, w/ an alleged “star” WR who disappeared in big games, w/ no DL capable of exacting a rush by the front-4 singly, and were dealing w/ HIGHLY undisciplined student-athletes here and there hitting waaaaay after whistles and ridiculous remedial emotional taunting trying to makeup for a lack of physicality. Give coach Simmons and staff shsu talent and PV easily dominates.

Also, we need depth on our rosters. I still say, we have to build decent programs, and not year-to-year teams.

Also, nutrition, technology, and science can help us out -also. We have to step into the 21st century and move ahead. The real work start in the off season with the weight room, film sessions, and nutrition.

Also, we need depth on our rosters. I still say, we have to build decent programs, and not year-to-year teams.

Also, nutrition, technology, and science can help us out -also. We have to step into the 21st century and move ahead. The real work start in the off season with the weight room, film sessions, and nutrition.
You’re preaching to the choir bruh. I agree 1000%.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Who do you think made the biggest impact at Alabama? Saban, or the players'? I haven't seen him make one tackle, catch, throw, or run. We'll see, how great a of coach , he is with one-star athletes.

No coach can win if his team has no talent and plays against more talented teams. What are you trying to argue?

HBCU's can compete. But, we have to move into 21st century. We as black people have throw away our egos, and understand success come people working together.
Some people cannot work w/ people who have no semblance of intelligence to formulate robust solution(s) to directly fix a problem(s).

lmao! :D

No coach can win if his team has no talent and plays against more talented teams. What are you tryingcocoacocoaccocoacocoachcocoacocoaccocoacocoacheacoacocoaccocoacocoachcocoacocoaccocoacocoache
No coach can win if his team has no talent and plays against more talented teams. What are you trying to argue?

No. I was talking about the inferiority complex of some posters on here. They really believe that white coaches have a bag of magic in their pocket.

Yup... They are not afraid to sell our brand to anyone. That’s why the talent is coming. Word of mouth. Brotherhood. Family. There was a social media post from one of our kids in a NFL camp now that speaks to the nature of the relationships our coaches and players have.

No. I was talking about the inferiority complex of some posters on here. They really believe that white coaches have a bag of magic in their pocket.

Lot of times its not about being white... its about being connected and having HS coaches who believe in them enough to not steer players away from them. Saban is a bad example to use in this discussion because he has turned around every program he's coached at.

Lot of times its not about being white... its about being connected and having HS coaches who believe in them enough to not steer players away from them. Saban is a bad example to use in this discussion because he has turned around every program he's coached at.
But he didn't win a national title at every program until he got the talent to do so.

Yup... They are not afraid to sell our brand to anyone. That’s why the talent is coming. Word of mouth. Brotherhood. Family. There was a social media post from one of our kids in a NFL camp now that speaks to the nature of the relationships our coaches and players have.

I think, the Panther's defensive coordinator is a Grambling alum, too.

But, I shocked to know that Ronnie Coleman attended Grambling, also.

I agree with you on having relationship with coaches. But, you also have to reach the parents - too.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
I think, the Panther's defensive coordinator is a Grambling alum, too.

But, I shocked to know that Ronnie Coleman attended Grambling, also.

Yup, we let PV borrow so of our brothers.

There’s quite a few famous Gramblinites like any HBCU where it isn’t necessarily national known where they went to school.

But he didn't win a national title at every program until he got the talent to do so.

He won LSU's first national title since the 50s though. They were an even worse laughingstock before he got there.

Saban is one of the greatest coaches of all time. Not a good example to use here...

He won LSU's first national title since the 50s though. They were an even worse laughingstock before he got there.

Saban is one of the greatest coaches of all time. Not a good example to use here...

I wouldn’t say laughing stock. They were competitive with Denardo but not at the level they are now. That is due to Saban.

You can have all the coaching in the world. If you don't have the talent, it's only so far, you will go.
Except part of coaching IS recruitment and athlete growth. I swear many of y'all will reduce anything to finesse your argument away from the problem. I won't say OUR schools don't have other issues but so many of y'all are blinded thinking black skin has the magic. You can be dark and swoll all day and have zilch of a brain to apply it.

Except part of coaching IS recruitment and athlete growth. I swear many of y'all will reduce anything to finesse your argument away from the problem. I won't say OUR schools don't have other issues but so many of y'all are blinded thinking black skin has the magic. You can be dark and swoll all day and have zilch of a brain to apply it.

I agree w/ you lilC but I'm still waiting to meet the person who takes the challenge and buys a mule to run in the kentucky derby. Only a SPECIFIC type of bred and trained entity can run and perform there. Kinda' sorta' like what happens @ the collegiate level of football. If you say otherwise, I want to see Texas College and its recruits go head to head vs a bama univ or auburn w/ TC having "solid coaching."

I agree w/ you lilC but I'm still waiting to meet the person who takes the challenge and buys a mule to run in the kentucky derby. Only a SPECIFIC type of bred and trained entity can run and perform there. Kinda' sorta' like what happens @ the collegiate level of football. If you say otherwise, I want to see Texas College and its recruits go head to head vs a bama univ or auburn w/ TC having "solid coaching."

It would be a massacre. When you have depth and talent. It's like having a Ferrari and dime piece in the passenger seat.

Again, if coaching was so great. The same coach would go and recruit anybody to play.

Back