American Idol --Final 12

Re: 'American Idol' Favorite Withdraws Self From Competition

TBone2 said:
http://www.thejacksonchannel.com/entertainment/4281075/detail.html

'American Idol' Favorite Withdraws Self From Competition

POSTED: 5:46 am CST March 14, 2005

LOS ANGELES -- A fan favorite has booted himself from "American Idol."

Contestant Mario Vazquez has withdrawn from the hit Fox show, citing "personal reasons." The 27-year-old from New York was one of four competitors singled out by fans as early favorites to win the competition.

Fox says no other details are available.

To fill Vazquez's spot among the 12 finalists, Fox brought back Nikko Smith, one of two contestants voted off the show last week. Smith is the son of former Saint Louis Cardinals baseball great Ozzie Smith.

Smith got more votes than Travis Tucker when both were voted off on last Wednesday's show.

Vazquez isn't the first "Idol" contestant to leave the show. Last year, one was dropped after being charged with DUI. And three were asked to leave the show in 2003.

Nikko was a good choice. I hate to see Mario leave. I liked his lil curly head.

Great Choice. Nikko is bad as hell. Gonna sounds like Kenny Lattimore, but Better......IMO
Mario is a great performer though Good Luck to Mario.
Travis Tucker......... :xeye: :xeye: :xeye: :xeye: :xeye:

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
I actually disagree. I don't think that we have a Fantasia in the group and that is the problem but I think that across the board, there is more talent. If you look at the top 5 from last year, there are 5 current people who are better than most of them.

Naw, man there ain't much talent up there this year. It's more than obvious that they're pushing Bo and Constatine for a "ROCKERS FINALE" If you go back and listen to Nikko's performance, he missed quite a few notes. Especially towards the end. He sounded like a boy going through puberty. With some vocal coaching, he could be okay. All of the white girls are below average karaoke singers. And I really believe they told Anwar to "tone it down" I know this brother can blow. He's been sounding crappy lately. Jennifer Hudson said last year that they wanted her to "tone it down" I guess they don't want him to cast a light on all of the bad talent. My sleeper is the black postal worker chick. I'm not feeling Nadia at all.

Well, Nikko did sound like he was just beginning to grow hair on his nutts :shame: however the boi is very talented. once again song selction is killin this mofo.

Anwar is still, to me the most of the group this year. I hope he seriously steps up and rep.

Bo is doing his thang though hellava performer.

The Big white dude..........it's bout time for him to go.
:cry:

If this things really boils down to only votes, then AI knows who the winner is. I doubt the number of votes and ranking of top singers will change much. People know who want to vote for at this point, regardless of how good they do week to week.

Makayla was on the bottom this week, and I think she will be released next week.

NASTYNUPE said:
Naw, man there ain't much talent up there this year. It's more than obvious that they're pushing Bo and Constatine for a "ROCKERS FINALE" If you go back and listen to Nikko's performance, he missed quite a few notes. Especially towards the end. He sounded like a boy going through puberty. With some vocal coaching, he could be okay. All of the white girls are below average karaoke singers. And I really believe they told Anwar to "tone it down" I know this brother can blow. He's been sounding crappy lately. Jennifer Hudson said last year that they wanted her to "tone it down" I guess they don't want him to cast a light on all of the bad talent. My sleeper is the black postal worker chick. I'm not feeling Nadia at all.

Dude,

Nadia, Nikko, Anwar, Anthony, Carrie, Bo, Constantine, Vonzell and Scott would all sing rings around any of the top nine from last year except Fantasia and LaToya London. Diana, Jasmine, Jennifer, John Stevens, JPL, and George Huff were not as good as this group. I can't even think that you believe that they were. Jennifer and Diana on some nights may have been up there with this years group but the others would not even be in top 12 this year.

Tigerpride said:
Dude,

Nadia, Nikko, Anwar, Anthony, Carrie, Bo, Constantine, Vonzell and Scott would all sing rings around any of the top nine from last year except Fantasia and LaToya London. Diana, Jasmine, Jennifer, John Stevens, JPL, and George Huff were not as good as this group. I can't even think that you believe that they were. Jennifer and Diana on some nights may have been up there with this years group but the others would not even be in top 12 this year.

Obviously, you have NOT been watching American Idol, since it started. This season is WEAK...trust me. I have been tuned in, since the show started. I, personally, have not heard much talent, w/the exception of maybe 2 or 3 folks, this season.

nope, I saw really NONE of season one...only the final.

Season two, I saw about half (well like the final 8 contestants)

I saw pretty much all of season three.

and season four across the board has the best talent. Go back and look at the the contestants from seasons 2 and 3 and tell me that you think that they had 7-8 good singers. They had 3-4 max. The only difference then is that they had one or two stand outs.

Tigerpride said:
nope, I saw really NONE of season one...only the final.

Season two, I saw about half (well like the final 8 contestants)

I saw pretty much all of season three.

and season four across the board has the best talent. Go back and look at the the contestants from seasons 2 and 3 and tell me that you think that they had 7-8 good singers. They had 3-4 max. The only difference then is that they had one or two stand outs.

well maybe these contestants are just too damn boring, then...I don't know what it is about this season, but it's just not that interesting to me, and I haven't been too impressed w/anyone, other than Anwar, one of those black girls and the cute pop star white boy.

**shrugs shoulders**

SU's Finest '93 said:
well maybe these contestants are just too damn boring, then...I don't know what it is about this season, but it's just not that interesting to me, and I haven't been too impressed w/anyone, other than Anwar, one of those black girls and the cute pop star white boy.

**shrugs shoulders**
and I like that bubba sparks lookin' white boy, too...you know, the big one. He can sing. :D

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Didn't mention anything about last year's group. I just said that this year's group was lacking in talent. However, Jennifer, LaToya, and Fantasia alone could outblow these people.

Tigerpride said:
Dude,

NASTYNUPE said:
Didn't mention anything about last year's group. I just said that this year's group was lacking in talent. However, Jennifer, LaToya, and Fantasia alone could outblow these people.

Well I pretty much said that.....though Jennifer was not really good until they got ready to boot her off. She got better as the weeks went on. However, it seemed to me that you all were trying to say that this year's group is less talented the other years and that is certainly not true in my opinion. The 6 male finalist alone are better than most of the contestants from last year. And Nikko, bad night and all is better than EVERY GUY they had last year...and Nikko ain't even the best guy this year. The talent this year is 10 times better to me. ...but who am I?

Naw, the talent this year is way off...way off...they are just weak singers. Even if you don't compare them to year's past, this group is just weak.

Maybe I'm missing something, but the women are definitely sorry.

Jag-Tig said:
Naw, the talent this year is way off...way off...they are just weak singers. Even if you don't compare them to year's past, this group is just weak.

Maybe I'm missing something, but the women are definitely sorry.

The women are horrible but last year the men were MORE horrible. However at least this year, we have three women in my opinion who can sing (Nadia and Carrie and Vonzell) better than those guys. I think you all are gonna change your tune when only about 7 contestents are left.

Again, I don't know what you all are listening to or remember. Go to www.idolonfox.com and look at all of those terrible past contestents. And you have to compare them to year's past to call them weak.

This year is the WORST!!!!!!

More than half of these kids can not sing.

Only ones that are good are: Constantine, NIKKO & BO.

E'rebody else can kick rocks.

Well I think that they are personally not picking the right SONGS!!!!! I think that some of them have nice voices..... These song are just not doing them any justice..... I think they are being careless in what they are CHOOSING!!!

I LOVE NADIIIIIAAAAAA!!!!!!! That Lady right there can sing and has a style is KEWL!!!! I think and hope that she really takes her time CHOOSING HER SONGS!!!!!!!!! SHE CAN BE MY :bday: cake and SONG ANY DAY!!!!!!

VOTE FOR NADIA :tup: :tup:

Nadia, Anwar, and Bo are the toast of the competition this year to me, but none of them have put on a performance that holds a candle to LaToya, Fantasia and Jennifer's worst performances of last year.

JagsPride said:
Nadia, Anwar, and Bo are the toast of the competition this year to me, but none of them have put on a performance that holds a candle to LaToya, Fantasia and Jennifer's worst performances of last year.

I agree with that...but when considering the entire group from last year to the entire group from last year....... this group is better from top to bottom.

Back