Alcorn Claims "The Real Story behind "Who Dat"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Alcorn started WHO DAT??......

It was a 'STAPLE' at SU.........

Yes, the 'S' sets all the trends in 'chicken-fried nation'........

:D:D

Maybe it was a stable at hair grease and jeri-curl world in Jackson, MS or butt azz ugly world in the piney woods of North Louisiana. Pick one......

JROCK is just so tired of all of the rogues, thieves, and petty pilfers. :lol: :emlaugh:

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
TP,
I know people from new Orleans that were born and ran the street "BEFORE" 67.. I was born in 78... So parents would have told me don't you think?

New Orleans folk would never go down to LORMAN, MS to take something....

Only 2 things could have happened in Alcorn case...

~take this information and preach it TP.. because this makes more sense than anything you are THINKING~

Kids from New Orleans took in from a school from New Orleans "POSSIBLY" St. AUG... and brought it to ALCORN....

OR

Some country cousins from ALCORN came to New Orleans and took it back with them..

Now take your PICK....

Ain't nothing was popping off in Lorman for New Orleans to take something from there......are you crazy.. I don't care if I was born in 2005, I still wouldn't believe that... Just don't make sense...

LOL @ New Orleans folk heard about some shyt in Lorman....

Alcorn was NOT on TV.... plenty of folk from New Orleans paid no attention to ALCORN... Get real man....

That's like suggesting JSU got some saying from a high school in Franklin, LA...
:retard:

How about trying this? You tell me where it orginated from and I'll tell you if you're right or not. What da fugg this has to do with "Who DAT" i have no earthly clue

bluedog,

That's the point. Let's say that you do know the answer to who started the "Jaguar Nation". Now just like the "Who Dat" question... How do you conclusively prove it. There are probably ten different versions.

Also, before Doc Greggs, Su like most of us had majoretts, not Dancing Dolls. Who's to say Alcorn's Golden Girls didn't get it started in that game against FAMU.

Of course, I'm sure you're going to give us SU's version of the truth. You always do.

TP,
I know people from new Orleans that were born and ran the street "BEFORE" 67.. I was born in 78... So parents would have told me don't you think?

New Orleans folk would never go down to LORMAN, MS to take something....

Only 2 things could have happened in Alcorn case...

~take this information and preach it TP.. because this makes more sense than anything you are THINKING~

Kids from New Orleans took in from a school from New Orleans "POSSIBLY" St. AUG... and brought it to ALCORN....

OR

Some country cousins from ALCORN came to New Orleans and took it back with them..

Now take your PICK....

Ain't nothing was popping off in Lorman for New Orleans to take something from there......are you crazy.. I don't care if I was born in 2005, I still wouldn't believe that... Just don't make sense...

LOL @ New Orleans folk heard about some shyt in Lorman....

Alcorn was NOT on TV.... plenty of folk from New Orleans paid no attention to ALCORN... Get real man....

That's like suggesting JSU got some saying from a high school in Franklin, LA...
:retard:

Well maybe the folks of N.O. can come down to Lorman and learn how to act like civilize people and stop killing, raping, robbing, and stealing from each other. They seem to specialize in those things.

Well maybe the folks of N.O. can come down to Lorman and learn how to act like civilize people and stop killing, raping, robbing, and stealing from each other. They seem to specialize in those things.

They do all that out there in Lorman too.. So there is no need for us to go out there... yall do all that and it's boring as fuk out there.... we have more people here so it's more crime... but we have waay more fun down here...

So we'll pass on going down there...

Since you decided to change the subject...Because even you couldn't explain how in the hell something from Lorman got back to New Orleans (with no internet and clearly no TV exposure)
:tup:

bluedog,

That's the point. Let's say that you do know the answer to who started the "Jaguar Nation". Now just like the "Who Dat" question... How do you conclusively prove it. There are probably ten different versions.

No there isn't

Also, before Doc Greggs, Su like most of us had majoretts, not Dancing Dolls. Who's to say Alcorn's Golden Girls didn't get it started in that game against FAMU.

Of course, I'm sure you're going to give us SU's version of the truth. You always do.

I know nothing about all that man

After while these folks from Mississippi will have claimed to discovered Louisiana and sold it to the French. There can't be much worse than a Mississippi lie. It is the most heinous kind of lie that has its origins on Lynch Street in Jackson but permeates the entire pot hole infested state (just an observation)! :lol: :emlaugh:

WHOOPS! I FOUND ANOTHER ONE

The "Who Dat?" cheer
"Who Dat" became part of a chant for fans cheering on their favorite team. It has been debated exactly where it started, but some claim it began with Southern University fans either in the late 1960s or early 1970s and went "Who dat say dey gonna beat dem Jags" - Southern University being nicknamed the Jaguars.[2] Another claim is that around the same time it began at St. Augustine High School, a historically African-American all boys Catholic high school in New Orleans, and then spread to the New Orleans Public Schools. Another claim is that the cheer originated at Patterson High School in Patterson, Louisiana (home of Saints running back Dalton Hilliard).[1] In the late 70's fans at Louisiana State University picked up on the cheer. By 1983, the New Orleans Saints organization adopted it during the tenure of coach Bum Phillips, and Aaron Neville (along with local musicians Sal and Steve Monistere and Carlo Nuccio) recorded a version of "When the Saints Go Marching In" that incorporated the chant (performed by a group of Saints players) that became a major local hit, due in part to the support of sportscaster Ron Swoboda.[1]

In 1981, the Cincinnati Bengals fans and players had started with their similar "Who Dey" cheer.[3] It was also adopted by wrestling fans of the Junkyard Dog, who wrestled locally in the Mid South Wrestling area in the early to mid 1980s.[citation needed]

After the Saints won the 2009-2010 NFC Championship against the Minnesota Vikings in the Superdome, fans from all across New Orleans, including fans who were exiting the game, started a Mardi Gras style "Who Dat" on Bourbon Street with modified lyrics, chanting,"Who Dat, Who Dat, Who Dat in the Super Bowl!" This of course being because the New Orleans Saints were advancing to the Super Bowl for the first time ever in their (at the time) 43 year history.[citation needed]

Who Dat Nation
In recent years the phrase "Who Dat Nation" has become a popular term for the community of Saints fans.[4][5] According to Bobby Hebert, formerly a Saints quarterback and currently a sports commentator in New Orleans, the term "Who Dat Nation" originated after a highly anticipated 2006 game between the Saints and the favored Dallas Cowboys, which the Saints won; after the game, listeners from a wide geographic range called in to Hebert's radio show on WWL (AM), and Hebert commented, "Man, there's a whole Who Dat Nation out there."[6]

This sound like some Huckle Berry Fine type shyt....

2 kids ran away from home in New Orleans made a boat traveled the Mississippi river till they got to Lorman Mississippi..Jumped out the boat and heard people chanting very loudly.. The two bad ass kids went over to see what the noise was all about... It was a Alcorn game and folks were chanting.."WHO DAT ...WHO DAT"...

The 2 bad ass kids traveled back to New Orleans and the street of New Orleans never been the same...

True Story....

I hope ESPN picks up on this...

They do all that out there in Lorman too.. So there is no need for us to go out there... yall do all that and it's boring as fuk out there.... we have more people here so it's more crime... but we have waay more fun down here...

So we'll pass on going down there...

Since you decided to change the subject...Because even you couldn't explain how in the hell something from Lorman got back to New Orleans (with no internet and clearly no TV exposure)

..What difference does it make..REALLY..the article made the point to reference where the phrase may have come from..ASU has been a school that was the first in a lot of things!!....What does country and ghetto have to do with anything??? Leave to some to argue about anything that is pointless..:shame::shame:

He was rather transparent wasn't he... stood out like a punk in a chain gang!

The fact that bluedog is clueless is the most transparent thing in here.

People have always given Alcorn credit for "Who Dat"...they can't take it now.

Some people came from New O to Alcorn, heard it and took it back. THE END! Hell, maybe people from New Orleans, went to Alcorn and made it up. Maybe you all will accept that. :lol:

Some people came from New O to Alcorn, heard it and took it back. THE END! Hell, maybe people from New Orleans, went to Alcorn and made it up. Maybe you all will accept that. :lol:

Somebody from New Orleans went to Alcorn and made it up?

Leave it to TP... leave it to TP...:retard:

..What difference does it make..REALLY..the article made the point to reference where the phrase may have come from..ASU has been a school that was the first in a lot of things!!....What does country and ghetto have to do with anything??? Leave to some to argue about anything that is pointless..:shame::shame:

Please name a couple of things Alcorn was first in doing? I would love to learn something new today.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
I know the thuth... because my mama told it to me. "who Dat" for the Saints was started by the Bayou Classic when SU had made "Who Dat" popular, merchants thought that it was a Southern and a Grambling thing, and made up flyers(little signs) in blue and gold and in black and gold that said "Who dat talkin bout beatin them Jags/Tigers respectively. After the game the flyers were left all over everything in and outside the Superdome, and lo and behold, the next day the Saints fans waved them and chanted "who dat" only, because they had removed the bottom parts that had Jags or Tigers on it. That was around '82 or '83. I still have a couple of those flyers at my Mom's house.
Now I don't know where Southern got it from, but that is where the Saints got it from. They even tried to get away from 'Who Dat" and come up with a more original chant years later, but "Cha Ching!" never caught on like "Who Dat".

I know the thuth... because my mama told it to me. "who Dat" for the Saints was started by the Bayou Classic when SU had made "Who Dat" popular, merchants thought that it was a Southern and a Grambling thing, and made up flyers(little signs) in blue and gold and in black and gold that said "Who dat talkin bout beatin them Jags/Tigers respectively. After the game the flyers were left all over everything in and outside the Superdome, and lo and behold, the next day the Saints fans waved them and chanted "who dat" only, because they had removed the bottom parts that had Jags or Tigers on it. That was around '82 or '83. I still have a couple of those flyers at my Mom's house.
Now I don't know where Southern got it from, but that is where the Saints got it from. They even tried to get away from 'Who Dat" and come up with a more original chant years later, but "Cha Ching!" never caught on like "Who Dat".

Damn my dad told me the samething they but he said it was SU chanting Who Dat talkin bout beatin dem Jags, and then he said next thing you know the Saints were saying it. But I heard it got started at Compton High and if you kknow Compton all them folk from the boot so I could see how it could have got to SU:noidea:

ENOUGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now I got y'all attention, I just wanted to say, I started that sh@t.

Damn my dad told me the samething they but he said it was SU chanting Who Dat talkin bout beatin dem Jags, and then he said next thing you know the Saints were saying it. But I heard it got started at Compton High and if you kknow Compton all them folk from the boot so I could see how it could have got to SU:noidea:

:lecture:Right, I didn't say Southern invented "who Dat", :noidea:We just made it popular...

I read that article in the advocate also. No way in hell I believe it started in Compton,California. Those folks dont even talk like that. A writer that works for the saints said that was the first place he heard it at in the mid to late 60's. It was also said SU had a pipeline to Compton high in the 60's, and several of their teachers/coaches graduated from SU.

WHOOPS! I FOUND ANOTHER ONE

The "Who Dat?" cheer
"Who Dat" became part of a chant for fans cheering on their favorite team. It has been debated exactly where it started, but some claim it began with Southern University fans either in the late 1960s or early 1970s and went "Who dat say dey gonna beat dem Jags" - Southern University being nicknamed the Jaguars.[2] Another claim is that around the same time it began at St. Augustine High School, a historically African-American all boys Catholic high school in New Orleans, and then spread to the New Orleans Public Schools. Another claim is that the cheer originated at Patterson High School in Patterson, Louisiana (home of Saints running back Dalton Hilliard).[1] In the late 70's fans at Louisiana State University picked up on the cheer. By 1983, the New Orleans Saints organization adopted it during the tenure of coach Bum Phillips, and Aaron Neville (along with local musicians Sal and Steve Monistere and Carlo Nuccio) recorded a version of "When the Saints Go Marching In" that incorporated the chant (performed by a group of Saints players) that became a major local hit, due in part to the support of sportscaster Ron Swoboda.[1]

In 1981, the Cincinnati Bengals fans and players had started with their similar "Who Dey" cheer.[3] It was also adopted by wrestling fans of the Junkyard Dog, who wrestled locally in the Mid South Wrestling area in the early to mid 1980s.[citation needed]

Now here's another big azz lie. :shame::shame::shame:

After the Saints won the 2009-2010 NFC Championship against the Minnesota Vikings in the Superdome, fans from all across New Orleans, including fans who were exiting the game, started a Mardi Gras style "Who Dat" on Bourbon Street with modified lyrics, chanting,"Who Dat, Who Dat, Who Dat in the Super Bowl!" This of course being because the New Orleans Saints were advancing to the Super Bowl for the first time ever in their (at the time) 43 year history.[citation needed]

Who Dat Nation
In recent years the phrase "Who Dat Nation" has become a popular term for the community of Saints fans.[4][5] According to Bobby Hebert, formerly a Saints quarterback and currently a sports commentator in New Orleans, the term "Who Dat Nation" originated after a highly anticipated 2006 game between the Saints and the favored Dallas Cowboys, which the Saints won; after the game, listeners from a wide geographic range called in to Hebert's radio show on WWL (AM), and Hebert commented, "Man, there's a whole Who Dat Nation out there."[6]
:shame:

Dang....do yourself a favor dude and just let it go before you force me to show you just how big of a fool you're making yourself out to be.

Last warning!!!!

last time for the insanely dense population.

The "Who Dat?" cheer

After the Saints won the 2009-2010 NFC Championship against the Minnesota Vikings in the Superdome, fans from all across New Orleans, including fans who were exiting the game, started a Mardi Gras style "Who Dat" on Bourbon Street with modified lyrics, chanting,"Who Dat, Who Dat, Who Dat in the Super Bowl!" This of course being because the New Orleans Saints were advancing to the Super Bowl for the first time ever in their (at the time) 43 year history.[4][5] SOURCE

Last edited:

JROCK is just so tired of all of the rogues, thieves, and petty pilfers. :lol: :emlaugh:

Again........

:lol: :emlaugh:

(some of you all should feel filthy, dirty and the need for a bath...starting with Tigerlide....)

:lol: :emlaugh:

Last edited:
Dang....do yourself a favor dude and just let it go before you force me to show you just how big of a fool you're making yourself out to be.

Last warning!!!!

Dayum, I got warned? :lol:

I'm waiting on you to make me into the fool. Please tell us what you know! PLEASE embarrass me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back