Case Study SWAC football vs fbs (SU vs utsa)

this is why Alabama and Clemson have been so dominant. they get the best OL and DLs. Its simple..control the trenches, and you control the game.

A strong OL keeps your QB upright and creates running lanes, a strong DL puts pressure on the passing and running games.

“We” don’t let our athletes understand offensive line play until late in the game. The elite ones take to it early but the ones we get were allowed to play other positions all through developmental years when they should’ve been an offensive lineman early.

Coach Fobbs said the only difference between FBS and BCS are the lineman. We have to recruit in the trenches. If you don't have a pass rush. It want matter a bit of difference, if Deion Sanders is back there.

We've been saying this for years on here. That's why the MEAC can compete with/beat lower tier FBS teams because of their OL/DL play. Grambling has a similar type line as well as Alcorn on the OL (lost to FIU 17-10 last year).

We've been saying this for years on here. That's why the MEAC can compete with/beat lower tier FBS teams because of their OL/DL play. Grambling has a similar type line as well as Alcorn on the OL (lost to FIU 17-10 last year).
Gram O line wasn’t good last year. SU/Alcorn had the best O line. SU struggled vs UTSA because of QB play. Remember Austin was hurt, and we had freshmen out there. For a better comparison look SU vs UGA

We just have to stabilize our programs. Honestly, we have to also use technology and science to help us, keep an edge.

When we played FIU last year, they won that game in the trenches. Just to be honest. I don't think none of their skill players would have started at any of the top 4 schools in the SWAC.

Yeah...getting dominated up front is always a problem in these FBS games and a lot of games against upper tier FCS programs. But man...some of what I saw was just bad tackling or piss poor execution.

While I'll admit Southern Miss and UTSA whooped us all over, it didn't help that our 4-year starting QB was injured and we had to trot out inexperienced freshmen and throw them to the wolves.

I will have to disagree.

Comes down to teaching and coaching.

Football I.Q.

Football verbiage

X's and O's

Coaches in this league don't "study" the game. Those coaches at that level been around coaches that "study" the game or watch film of their teams and copy their approach to the game.

Take for example. If I was a coach playing a team, 1st thing I would do is see how many times X Wr is targeted on such and such play, what's the % of the QB throwing to his right vs throwing to his left and I'll game plan for that aspect with my Front 7 coaches. We wanna force the QB to throw to his Left on the run. etc.

We aint got coaches going that in-depth wit their game planning Lol.

Which way does their O-line shift when we show a high 7 look vs a 8 man look

What happens if we move our SS within 3-6 yards of the LOS, what's their counter plays.

We aint in these rooms doing that, or unpacking things like that Lol

It's levels to this game here.

You are only as good as your signing classes permit you to be. There will be an overlooked kid her and there who can end up being a star through good coaching, but the program who brings in the bigger, stronger, taller and top recruited high school prospects will win the game. The best coached team in the SWAC would go winless in the SEC for a reason.

You are only as good as your signing classes permit you to be. There will be an overlooked kid her and there who can end up being a star through good coaching, but the program who brings in the bigger, stronger, taller and top recruited high school prospects will win the game. The best coached team in the SWAC would go winless in the SEC for a reason.

Can admins please delete SWAC&MEAC Degree's post for the brutally honest reality he evokes?????

smh Some people, that's why they do remedial shit they do in life while the others of us excel(led) and lead. Nice post man. I've been breathing THAT ^^^^^^ for 3+ decades.

“We” don’t let our athletes understand offensive line play until late in the game. The elite ones take to it early but the ones we get were allowed to play other positions all through developmental years when they should’ve been an offensive lineman early.

EXACTLY!!!!!

My son is 5'9'' and weighs 225. During little league and junior high he played on the OL and DL. Now that he is in the 10th grade the high school coached switched him to fullback/running back. Depending on the size of the team he may have some play at middle linebacker or defensive end. He ran a 4.7 this summer and we are working on getting rid of fat and increase his speed. The frame and speed that my son wants is the Martez Carter size and speed. When Martez comes to Louisiana they workout together with the same trainer.

You mean Grambling has a similar type DL right? Cause their OL was not good, Kincade's legs just bailed them out a lot.

People don't realize that by the end of the season our entire OL were 2nd and 3rd string. Heck two of the starters this year received a medical redshirt for an additional year.

I agree Kincade's legs helped us a lot. The thing is imagine if our OL was healthy with the starters. This year we really get a chance to see.

This is precisely why we need to schedule more FCS non conference games (not just limited to the MEAC either)

This isn't a very good highlight reel but look @ how easily nicholl's DL tosses a PV lineman @ the ~1:30 mark. I think that is very, VERY telling and also contribute(s/d) to the lopsided score, a 44-13 loss. fcs vs fcs neighbor, but the disparity still exists.

In my opinion there is no difference in the athlete per se...the difference is in the training, coaching, non-practice preparation, and non-practice nutrition.

Guys jumped on my case in the barber shop when I said that we have my son on a nutrition system and we require him to eat in moderation. These negros said, "let him be a kid and eat what he wants."

That is one of the biggest problems with some of our programs. We don't invest and some cases can not invest in some of the things these other colleges have. Our players complained about Muscle Milk but it goes further. Outside of football season how many continue to go to the gym an workout? How many of our players make it a lifestyle rather than an option?

Our programs need to make it a Lifestyle for our players.

Case and point...outside of football season my son works out with his trainer daily. During the season, everyday after practice they stretch him, discuss practice, and monitors his weight. During the season and outside of the season my son has started to go to bed at 8:30 pm. Get up at 5 am and run a mile or two before school.

As a parent I want to see my son on Grambling's side line but hell if he ends up at JSU, SU, Alcorn, Prairie View, Langston, etc.... I'm not mad.

In my opinion there is no difference in the athlete per se...the difference is in the training, coaching, non-practice preparation, and non-practice nutrition.

Guys jumped on my case in the barber shop when I said that we have my son on a nutrition system and we require him to eat in moderation. These negros said, "let him be a kid and eat what he wants."

That is one of the biggest problems with some of our programs. We don't invest and some cases can not invest in some of the things these other colleges have. Our players complained about Muscle Milk but it goes further. Outside of football season how many continue to go to the gym an workout? How many of our players make it a lifestyle rather than an option?

Our programs need to make it a Lifestyle for our players.

Case and point...outside of football season my son works out with his trainer daily. During the season, everyday after practice they stretch him, discuss practice, and monitors his weight. During the season and outside of the season my son has started to go to bed at 8:30 pm. Get up at 5 am and run a mile or two before school.

As a parent I want to see my son on Grambling's side line but hell if he ends up at JSU, SU, Alcorn, Prairie View, Langston, etc.... I'm not mad.

I keep telling folks they'd be amazed at what FBS schools have to train athletes.

During the season and outside of the season my son has started to go to bed at 8:30 pm. Get up at 5 am and run a mile or two before school.

You're speaking Chinese lol :D . Seriously, that's good stuff. Self-motivators are easy to recruit, I think, instead of those who have to be prodded and pushed to do what they need to do for self's betterment and improvement.

I keep telling folks they'd be amazed at what FBS schools have to train athletes.

My thing is when there was NFL talent in the SWAC on a consistent basis were they training around the clock, eating right or was it a case of natural ability? They practiced way more then also.

Kids come in now like robots cause they’ve been training so early. Especially in basketball.

My thing is when there was NFL talent in the SWAC on a consistent basis were they training around the clock, eating right or was it a case of natural ability? They practiced way more then also.

Kids come in now like robots cause they’ve been training so early. Especially in basketball.

I think athletes were better trained, let's say until the late 90s, because the majority played multiple sports in high school ... basically naturally cross-trained. Specialization, IMO, has hurt athletes developing their bodies.

I think athletes were better trained, let's say until the late 90s, because the majority played multiple sports in high school ... basically naturally cross-trained. Specialization, IMO, has hurt athletes developing their bodies.

There was a study done recently regarding those who start early training in one sport and one sport alone as it continues to stress only those muscle groups/limbs that are constantly used over and over vs allowing participation in other sports/training where other muscle groups/limbs are used. It focused on those who started pee wee football upwards, baseballers (rotator cup/hip issues, et al), and basketballers (jumpers knee early, hip issues, shoulder/elbow issues), and tennis folks (elbows, shoulders). That constant stressing of the same joints over and over and over should cause some type of stressful-give as time goes on.

There was indeed a time where footballers also excelled at basketball and/or track/field as well. I would think it prudent for any athlete to explore all possible sports not relating to one they feel they excel in.

There was a study done recently regarding those who start early training in one sport and one sport alone as it continues to stress only those muscle groups/limbs that are constantly used over and over vs allowing participation in other sports/training where other muscle groups/limbs are used. It focused on those who started pee wee football upwards, baseballers (rotator cup/hip issues, et al), and basketballers (jumpers knee early, hip issues, shoulder/elbow issues), and tennis folks (elbows, shoulders). That constant stressing of the same joints over and over and over should cause some type of stressful-give as time goes on.

There was indeed a time where footballers also excelled at basketball and/or track/field as well. I would think it prudent for any athlete to explore all possible sports not relating to one they feel they excel in.

I remember Saban, when he was at LSU, saying he preferred kids that played multiple sports in high school. He felt they were more coordinated and better developed overall, along with skills learned from other sports translating into football (footwork from basketball, hand-eye coordination from baseball, understanding leverage from wrestling, etc.).

I remember Saban, when he was at LSU, saying he preferred kids that played multiple sports in high school. He felt they were more coordinated and better developed overall, along with skills learned from other sports translating into football (footwork from basketball, hand-eye coordination from baseball, understanding leverage from wrestling, etc.).

I recall a few HC's, one of which is in La, stating that he wanted the "best athlete possible and he could help mold them into a great football player." Hence why there were a few t&f all-staters on his football team. Look @ Briles' body of work @ baylor also. ::read::

Back