Official Marvel's "Black Panther" Thread

This movie proves if we are provided a quality movie going experience we (Black people) we will support it. It reminds me of the scene in 'X' where Elijah Muhammad told Malcolm if you give people contaminated water to drink they will drink it but if you give them a choice between contaminated water and clean water they (for the most part) will choose the clean water.

The Great Debaters was one such movie but it did not have the publicity that Black Panther had. The build up to Black Panther was tremendous and even I (who had not heard of the comic book character) was anticipating the release.

I can't believe we are having a serious conversation about a black superhero movie financed and produced by Mr. Charlie and directed by a brother. Social media has literally been destroying people minds and re-wiring them to think everything Donald Trump. I guess just sitting down at a movie theater, eating popcorn and enjoying a black superhero flick has been relaxing, released a lot of stress and reconnected many blacks with their blackness.
smiliepopcorn.gif

It would have been great if Oprah and/or Tyler had financed and/or produced the Black Panther movie. Oh well, you can't please everyone and Mr. Charlie has just gotten richer by tapping into a market that has been dormant and ignored for decades.
news-n-coffee.gif

I can't believe we are having a serious conversation about a black superhero movie financed and produced by Mr. Charlie and directed by a brother. Social media has literally been destroying people minds and re-wiring them to think everything Donald Trump. I guess just sitting down at a movie theater, eating popcorn and enjoying a black superhero flick has been relaxing, released a lot of stress and reconnected many blacks with their blackness.
smiliepopcorn.gif

It would have been great if Oprah and/or Tyler had financed and/or produced the Black Panther movie. Oh well, you can't please everyone and Mr. Charlie has just gotten richer by tapping into a market that has been dormant and ignored for decades.
news-n-coffee.gif
Well, the fact of the matter is they didn't. Yes, the movie was enjoyable...well directed...well scripted...well performed. I had never heard of Black Panther before the movie.

Next question for you...were they offered the opportunity to fund the movie and if so did they just not see the potential and chose not to invest? Everyone can't be apart of every project. If I am not mistaken Oprah has a project that is fantasy based that is soon to be released. Maybe that is why she (or other Black folk with deep pockets) did not participate in the making of Black Panther.

Now, let all the woke folk address the claim they were duped by the Jill Stein/don't vote narrative.

Last edited:
Well, the fact of the matter is they didn't. Yes, the movie was enjoyable...well directed...well scripted...well performed. I had never heard of Black Panther before the movie.

Next question for you...were they offered the opportunity to fund the movie and if so did they just not see the potential and chose not to invest? Everyone can't be apart of every project. If I am not mistaken Oprah has a project that is fantasy based that is soon to be released. Maybe that is why she (or other Black folk with deep pockets) did not participate in the making of Black Panther.

Now, let all the woke folk address the claim they were duped by the Jill Stein/don't vote narrative.
My wife and I just said this like a couple of minutes ago.

Nate Moore, the only black producer in Marvel’s film division, is an executive producer for the movie. He pushed for this movie for years.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/black-panther-executive-producer-nate-moore-on-the-superheros-legacy/

This movie was in developmental hell for years. Like since the early 1990s. Folks didn’t put money down on the project because they didn’t want to. It took Wesley Snipes losing the rights to do the movie, and the creation of the MCU to even remotely consider doing a Black Panther movie.

I was gonna wait till next week to see it after the crowds of opening weekend died down. My daughter bought tickets and took me to it this afternoon. I did enjoy it very much. Enjoyed where they didn't have to make it a typical movie with a lot of curse words or slang words to talk down to anyone. Loved the technology they have and how they explained it's use.

And for those that haven't seen it, make sure you stay in the theater throughout the credits to the very end all the credits). You know how they do it now, with a tease to another movie.

For me it was ok. The way people were hyping it up I didn't thunk it was all that great. Not the best marvel movie but it was cool.

This is in my Top 10 Films...saw it yesterday!!!!

It explained his entire life in one movie!!! nothing was left unturned!!!!

Now we will see how their innovations help the Avengers Infinity War.

Awesome movie overall! Glad to see it's annihilating all of the estimated projections. So many little nuggets that some people may gloss over. From the opening scenes, to the museum scenes and even a reference to the soul-stones (infinity stone) even though it was ambiguous.

I'm going to see it again for a 2nd time with my son!

smiliepopcorn.gif

news-n-coffee.gif
Tyler Perry or Oprah produce a superhero movie?? Man, that would be the worst shat ever.

Tyler Perry or Oprah produce a superhero movie?? Man, that would be the worst shat ever.
http:// “Black Panther,” whic...t film to shoot on one of the stages was?!”
They may not have produced it but it was filmed at Tyler Perry's studio in GA.

http://www.ajc.com/news/world/black-panther-was-the-first-movie-filmed-tyler-perry-studios-new-stages/O37OBGUaCloW20QIL9Hi5I/

“Black Panther,” which had a four-day weekend haul of $235 million, was filmed mostly in metro Atlanta, but did you know Tyler Perry had a hand in the production, too?

» RELATED: ‘Black Panther’: Five things to know about the movie’s ties to metro Atlanta

The filmmaker recently took to social media this week to reveal the little-known fact that parts of the blockbuster was shot at one of the new stages at his studio located in The Peach City. In fact, he said the Marvel flick was the first to be filmed there.

From his Instragram account, Perry wrote: “Welcome to Wakanda! You wanna talk about black history! These are the new stages at Tyler Perry Studios. And guess what the first film to shoot on one of the stages was?!”

They may not have produced it but it was filmed at Tyler Perry's studio in GA.

http://www.ajc.com/news/world/black-panther-was-the-first-movie-filmed-tyler-perry-studios-new-stages/O37OBGUaCloW20QIL9Hi5I/

“Black Panther,” which had a four-day weekend haul of $235 million, was filmed mostly in metro Atlanta, but did you know Tyler Perry had a hand in the production, too?

» RELATED: ‘Black Panther’: Five things to know about the movie’s ties to metro Atlanta

The filmmaker recently took to social media this week to reveal the little-known fact that parts of the blockbuster was shot at one of the new stages at his studio located in The Peach City. In fact, he said the Marvel flick was the first to be filmed there.

From his Instragram account, Perry wrote: “Welcome to Wakanda! You wanna talk about black history! These are the new stages at Tyler Perry Studios. And guess what the first film to shoot on one of the stages was?!”
Filming at his studio and him being involved in the creative aspect 2 different things. Could you imagine how they would butcher the storylines

Filming at his studio and him being involved in the creative aspect 2 different things. Could you imagine how they would butcher the storylines
Lee Daniels’ Black Panther = fa sho Okeye-Ayo lesbian relationship following the Roxanne Gay stories

Back