Official Marvel's "Black Panther" Thread

Whoa now player. Winter Soldier the best movie in the MCU so far.

I think it's up there though. What's surprises me is that they haven't mention Cap anywhere in Black Panther. Didn't this film take place after Civil War? Didn't T'Challa provide sanctuary for Steve in Wakanda?

It was a good movie. Enjoyed all of the visuals and themes throughout it. The storyline of the main characters (Bozeman and Jordan) were compelling.

I think it's up there though. What's surprises me is that they haven't mention Cap anywhere in Black Panther. Didn't this film take place after Civil War? Didn't T'Challa provide sanctuary for Steve in Wakanda?

Yes, it takes place after Civil War, can't remember about Captain America, but he did offer sanctuary for Bucky (Hence T'Challa's sister's comment about fixing up another broken white man).

It was a good movie. I'm not big into the MCU film universe, but it was a solid entry. Going to be interesting to see how T'Challa's decision will affect Wakanda in the future. Wonder when we will see Storm and Black Panther's paths cross?

Loved the symbolism of the movie opening up in Oakland with it being the birthplace of the Black Panthers. Nice touch to have a Too Short bumpin’ too in the background. I was amped from this point.

I loved the dichotomy of Black pride and advancement between Killmonger and the Wakundas in general, which was sort of like a pseudo W.E.B Du Bois / Booker T. Wash antagonism personified in present day.

As a STEM guy, I loved the kinetic energy connection with suit. Overall, the movie presented a nice story as a big takeaway is once you are empowered you can set your own destiny as compared to being influenced by the past.

I went and saw it this weekend. I enjoyed it of course. I stayed away from a lot of conversations that talked about the movie and having said that, we are all Killmonger.
As to the question of Captain America, why? He wasn't needed in person or discussion.
Also as for noticing things. How many observed the size of Africa on the globe in the beginning? Someone can say it was done to highlight Africa with Wakanda as one of its countries, but in truth no map depicts the true size of Africa based on its recorded size in square miles.

I only felt sorry for Killmonger's character because he was left alone, however, his dad heavily contributed to his warped views. He virtually separated him from his Wakandan roots and allowed him to grow up in a world of death and destruction with little hope for a positive future. His dad had to know that there was a better way to go about expressing and carrying out his views than what he chose to do. And even when cornered he made a decision that ended up negatively impacting both Killmonger and Wakanda. I loved the stark contrast between vision scenes of T'Challa and T'Chaku with Killmonger and his father.

I went and saw it this weekend. I enjoyed it of course. I stayed away from a lot of conversations that talked about the movie and having said that, we are all Killmonger.
As to the question of Captain America, why? He wasn't needed in person or discussion.
Also as for noticing things. How many observed the size of Africa on the globe in the beginning? Someone can say it was done to highlight Africa with Wakanda as one of its countries, but in truth no map depicts the true size of Africa based on its recorded size in square miles.
Maps don't show the relative size but globes do. Here is a good (old) discussion about it.

Loved the symbolism of the movie opening up in Oakland with it being the birthplace of the Black Panthers. Nice touch to have a Too Short bumpin’ too in the background. I was amped from this point.

I loved the dichotomy of Black pride and advancement between Killmonger and the Wakundas in general, which was sort of like a pseudo W.E.B Du Bois / Booker T. Wash antagonism personified in present day.

As a STEM guy, I loved the kinetic energy connection with suit. Overall, the movie presented a nice story as a big takeaway is once you are empowered you can set your own destiny as compared to being influenced by the past.

Coogler keeps shout outs to Oakland.

IMO, Winter Soldier the second greatest superhero flick ever made behind the Dark Knight. We got to see the Hydra takeover and fall of Shield, Nick Fury fake his death and Bucky in Winter soldier form. Also, for as plain as his character is, Evans looks the part as Cap. He has a good workout regimine.

IMO, Winter Soldier the second greatest superhero flick ever made behind the Dark Knight. We got to see the Hydra takeover and fall of Shield, Nick Fury fake his death and Bucky in Winter soldier form. Also, for as plain as his character is, Evans looks the part as Cap. He has a good workout regimine.
So in your opinion Dark Knight was the best superhero movie with Winter Soldier being second?
Ok just curious, what would've made BP #1 for you?
And this is not a spoiler for the movie, but why did Klaw have his powered hand on the left when in the comics it's on the right?

Bruh ... I told my wife after watching Black Panther that I put it in there with Winter Soldier and Dark Knight ...

Best three superhero movies IMO

1. The Dark Knight
2. Captain America: Winter Soldier
3. Black Panther

All three were great because of the acting and the themes that were playing out through the films. BP wasn't as dark as Dark Knight and Winter Soldier. That's not a knock on BP ... it was just the themes discussed in Winter Soldier were just hella heavy (with the themes taken from the political times of the day) and The Dark Knight was taking from Batman stories like "The Long Halloween" and "The Killing Joke".

Bruh ... I told my wife after watching Black Panther that I put it in there with Winter Soldier and Dark Knight ...

Best three superhero movies IMO

1. The Dark Knight
2. Captain America: Winter Soldier
3. Black Panther

All three were great because of the acting and the themes that were playing out through the films. BP wasn't as dark as Dark Knight and Winter Soldier. That's not a knock on BP ... it was just the themes discussed in Winter Soldier were just hella heavy (with the themes taken from the political times of the day) and The Dark Knight was taking from Batman stories like "The Long Halloween" and "The Killing Joke".

I gotta check out DK and WS to give a comparison.

Last edited:
So in your opinion Dark Knight was the best superhero movie with Winter Soldier being second?
Ok just curious, what would've made BP #1 for you?
And this is not a spoiler for the movie, but why did Klaw have his powered hand on the left when in the comics it's on the right?
To be fair man, I don't think the first BP movie could have surpassed and done a proper introduction of the character so I get it. In both those movies, the character is already developed and we get to see them a little further along in their journey. BP#2 may surpass them. They got a really good start.

The storyline/plot from BP was kind of plain to be honest, lost relative comes to claim the throne and change the mission of the organization (we literally saw this same story in Thor Ragnarok). Also, the Dark Knight benefited a lot from Heath Ledger's Joker and Bucky Barnes was basically an unstoppable force in Winter Soldier (Cap technically gave up at the end). In the Dark Knight, we dealt with a madman trying to prove that all of humanity were basically savages and that even the best people could fall to madness, hence the scene on the cruise ships and the transformation of Harvey Dent to Scarface. Cap America dealt with the geopolitics of the war on terror plus that movie changed the MCU significantly storyline wise.

To be fair man, I don't think the first BP movie could have surpassed and done a proper introduction of the character so I get it. In both those movies, the character is already developed and we get to see them a little further along in their journey. BP#2 may surpass them. They got a really good start.

The storyline/plot from BP was kind of plain to be honest, lost relative comes to claim the throne and change the mission of the organization (we literally saw this same story in Thor Ragnarok). Also, the Dark Knight benefited a lot from Heath Ledger's Joker and Bucky Barnes was basically an unstoppable force in Winter Soldier (Cap technically gave up at the end). In the Dark Knight, we dealt with a madman trying to prove that all of humanity were basically savages and that even the best people could fall to madness, hence the scene on the cruise ships and the transformation of Harvey Dent to Scarface. Cap America dealt with the geopolitics of the war on terror plus that movie changed the MCU significantly storyline wise.

Maybe BP2 will give us some Godfather 2 sequel-with-flashbacks type stuff. I doubt it because the MCU version steered away from the comics version of T’Challa. Plus, the relationship with Storm may be on the table if the Disney/Fox deal is fully completed before production. If that’s good then we may get a future Avengers vs X-Men movie based on that arc

Back