2012 SWAC football schedules

Status
Not open for further replies.
No my friend...he is speaking historically. JSU has only had 3 years of bad APR and we started getting penalties at year 2. TxSo went about 5 years with NO penalties and Grambling went FOUR years without penalties. You all submitted waivers and you all have LOW graduation rates for your student body that allowed those waivers to get approved. From our understanding, our compliance office never submitted waivers until it was too late which is why Braddy and the whole compliance office got fired. This was not Comegy's fault which is why he still has a job. All they had to do was apply for waivers like Grambling and TxSo who HAVE HISTORICALLY HAD THE WORST APRs IN THE CONFERENCE. FACT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shameful SOME posters choose to completely overlook the truth SWAC wide in their attempt to :lol: at JSU. We get hit one time and its the end of the world. These mofo have not been doing their job for 4 and 5 years and nobody say a word. :lol:

From what I'm hearing any SWAC school who's scheduling an SEC school could and may be canceled, because of the re-arrangement of Tx. A&M and Missouri. Meaning, Bama A&M's game with AU on their homecoming could be "up-in-the-air" at this time. Either it appears that AU would have to payout the Bulldogs or they will try to keep them on their schedule to have an easier Homecoming. That option is out there based on reliable info.--The same thing can be said about other SWAC schools as well. We will have to wait and see, but it is being talked about.---------

You hear this FADED ONE? ......... (that name kills me :lol:)
Get some feelers out just in case. Since the JSU vs Miss State game is the first game of the season, I doubt it will affect us. But it always good to be prepared with an alternative just in case.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
No my friend...he is speaking historically. JSU has only had 3 years of bad APR and we started getting penalties at year 2. TxSo went about 5 years with NO penalties and Grambling went FOUR years without penalties. You all submitted waivers and you all have LOW graduation rates for your student body that allowed those waivers to get approved. From our understanding, our compliance office never submitted waivers until it was too late which is why Braddy and the whole compliance office got fired. This was not Comegy's fault which is why he still has a job. All they had to do was apply for waivers like Grambling and TxSo who HAVE HISTORICALLY HAD THE WORST APRs IN THE CONFERENCE. FACT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 and 4 years? WOW BIG DIFFERENCE.:emlaugh:

3 and 4 years? WOW BIG DIFFERENCE.:emlaugh:

Its a huge difference when you all with 4 years with no penalties and we started to get penalties (reduced scholarships, practice time) after just two. But the moral of this story is GRAMBLING CAN'T SMACK JSU ABOUT APR.

Its a huge difference when you all with 4 years with no penalties and we started to get penalties (reduced scholarships, practice time) after just two. But the moral of this story is GRAMBLING CAN'T SMACK JSU ABOUT APR.

Yes Grambling can but i'm not one for smacking about something like APR, more like smacking JSU because they are our slump hoes.

Okay .... after all of that stupidity, we are at this:

Jackson State -- Tn. State and ?
Southern -- FAMU and New Mexico
Grambling -- TCU and Arkansas
Bama A&M -- Auburn and Tuskegee
Bama State -- Tuskegee and ?

Did I miss someone?

I've been told Bama State will play in the SWAC/MEAC Challenge

Exactly.

Well who's fault was that JSU didn't apply for a waiver and BTW Grambling's last APR score for football was 911.:read:

Well who's fault was that JSU didn't apply for a waiver and BTW Grambling's last APR score for football was 911.:read:

It was JSUs fault. We ain't sayin it wasn't but we also just lettin you and FLOUNDER know that GSU needs to hursh when it comes to speakin on APR.

It was JSUs fault. We ain't sayin it wasn't but we also just lettin you and FLOUNDER know that GSU needs to hursh when it comes to speakin on APR.

We don't need to hush, our APR is rising and our Athletic Dept did what they needed to do to avoid a ban for the football team, be mad at JSU's Athletic Dept. 3 vs 4 years and you talking noise, ***** please. Yall are the only people whining. Hell our basketball team is banned, the athletics must makes sure they make the grade and the coaches need to try to maintain the athletes so i don't feel bad because soemtimes negativity has to happen to get the program on track. All JSU's fault what happened to them and no one else. :read:

Last edited:

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
jsu traditionally hasn't scheduled well the one game that they are forced to. We'll see if the Mississippi State game pans out. jsu should try to play Ole Miss while they're down.

jsu traditionally hasn't scheduled well the one game that they are forced to. We'll see if the Mississippi State game pans out. jsu should try to play Ole Miss while they're down.

Dude, when the rest of of ya'll were scheduling Benedict and Morris Brown, JSU was the only SWAC school with a decent schedule. There is NOT ONE SWAC AD that can schedule better than Culberson! In fact, ya'll should call him since ya'll need an AD. Mason will approve it.

From what I'm hearing any SWAC school who's scheduling an SEC school could and may be canceled, because of the re-arrangement of Tx. A&M and Missouri. Meaning, Bama A&M's game with AU on their homecoming could be "up-in-the-air" at this time. Either it appears that AU would have to payout the Bulldogs or they will try to keep them on their schedule to have an easier Homecoming. That option is out there based on reliable info.--The same thing can be said about other SWAC schools as well. We will have to wait and see, but it is being talked about.---------

I doubt it, the SEC will continue to play eight conference games with the addition of Texas A&M and Mizzou.

Last edited:
We don't need to hush, our APR is rising and our Athletic Dept did what they needed to do to avoid a ban for the football team, be mad at JSU's Athletic Dept. 3 vs 4 years and you talking noise, ***** please. Yall are the only people whining. Hell our basketball team is banned, the athletics must makes sure they make the grade and the coaches need to try to maintain the athletes so i don't feel bad because soemtimes negativity has to happen to get the program on track. All JSU's fault what happened to them and no one else. :read:

Sounds like you whining to me, especially when JSU's overall APR numbers are actually better than Gramblings over the last four years.
Even without trying very hard, JSU's APR numbers rose 36 points in one year and our basketball team isn't banned, so yes, you are whining.

Last edited:
This is not about being scared. GSU is SCARED to play McNeese other 1-AA PWCs. Playing 1-A PWCs is a cop-out. It's an automatic, built-in excuse for LOSING. What is so brave about that? I just don't get it. If we want to say we are playing for the money, cool just say that but don't try to act like we are trying to muscle up to these teams.

I can see the recruiting benefit of playing up. True, we run the risk of a blowout game but prospective recruits are sold on going "D1". The next best attraction is to play against D1's. When Doug, Sammie White, and Andre Robinson goes into homes recruiting (especially in the Monroe area) they have to sell kids who may be leaning toward La Tech and ULM on coming to Grambling and playing some major D1's, playing in the Bayou Classic, and winning a nice SCG championship ring. That's all we have to sell in addition to our history. No knock on the conference, but recruits aren't fired up about playing teams in the conference as the reason for coming to Grambling. The Louisiana kids can be sold on playing in the classic, but those Texas recruits and La. kids who want to "go D1" are attracted to playing the TCU's and Arkansas of the world.

I'm cool with playing these two schools... hopefully in a 12 year season we can get a chance to play a top non-conference FCS school in a neutral site.

Lawd............. :lol:

JSU since the SCG started in 1999:
1999............. Howard(fcs), Tenn State(fcs)
2000............. Howard(fcs), New Haven(d2), Tenn State(fcs)
2001............. Howard(fcs), Tennessee State(fcs)
2002............. USM(fbs), NCA@T(fcs), Tenn state(fcs)
2003............. Northwestern(fcs), Tenn State(fcs), NCA@T(fcs)
2004............. Hampton(fcs), Northwestern(fcs), Tenn State(fcs)
2005............. Hampton(fcs), Tenn State(fcs)
2006............. Paul Quinn(d3....JSU Alum Coolie in WC Gorden Classic), Tenn State(fcs)
2007............. Delta State(d2), Tenn State(fcs)
2008............. Hampton(fcs), Stillman(d2), Tenn State(fcs)
2009............. Miss State(fbs), Tenn State(fcs)
2010............. Delta State(d2), Tenn State(fcs)
2011............. Concordia(d2?...str8 garbage no excuse for this one), Tenn state
2012............. Miss State(fbs), Tenn State(fcs)

Last edited:
Sounds like you whining to me, especially when JSU's overall APR numbers are actually better than Gramblings over the last four years.
Even without trying very hard, JSU's APR numbers rose 36 points in one year and our basketball team isn't banned, so yes, you are whining.

Not whining we are the SWAC Champs lol. JSU are the ones with that If, Shoulda, Coulda, Woulda syndrome. You're correct JSU's basketball team isn't banned and ours is but it is what it is and their APR will rise guaranteed due to the players graduating on Friday but your football team was sure in the hell banned, which falls under this thread concerning "football'. Now be my guest in creating a basketball thread. Try to save face all you want to.:tup:

Last edited:
Lawd............. :lol:

JSU since the SCG started in 1999:
2006............. Paul Quinn(d3....JSU Alum Coolie in WC Gorden Classic), Tenn State(fcs)
2007............. Delta State(d2), Tenn State(fcs)
2008............. Hampton(fcs), Stillman(d2), Tenn State(fcs)
2009............. Miss State(fbs), Tenn State(fcs)
2010............. Delta State(d2), Tenn State(fcs)
2011............. Concordia(d2?...str8 garbage no excuse for this one), Tenn state
2012............. Miss State(fbs), Tenn State(fcs)

5 out of the last 6 years you all played a d-2 or lower understanding that tnst is a fixed deal.

5 out of the last 6 years you all played a d-2 or lower understanding that tnst is a fixed deal.

SU did the same and in some years, played multiple D2 or lower teams in the same year.
SU since the scg started in 1999:

1999......... Northwestern(fcs), hampton(fcs), Famu(fcs)
2000......... Northwestern(fcs), Morris Brown(d2 at time), Famu(fcs)
2001......... Northwestern(fcs), Famu(fcs), Tulane(fbs)
2002......... Northwestern(fcs), Tulane(fbs), Nichols(fcs), Miles(d3)
2003......... NCA@T(fcs), Allen(d3), Lincoln(d3)
2004......... McNeese(fcs), Texas College(d3)
2005......... McNeese(cancelled), Albany(d2), South Dakota(d2 at time)
2006......... BCC(fcs), Nccu(d2 at time)
2007......... Famu(fcs), Tenn State(fcs)
2008......... Houston(fbs), Tenn St(fcs), Famu(fcs)
2009......... Lou-Laf(fbs), Fort Vally(d2), Central St(naia), Tenn St(fcs)
2010......... Delaware St(fcs), Ark-Mont(d2)
2011......... Famu(fcs), Tenn St(fcs)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back