2012 SWAC football schedules

Status
Not open for further replies.
When this thread was first posted I read somewhere on the first few pages that Southern would have New Mexico and FAMU as their OOC opponents for 2012. A friend of mine told me there's been some conversation between Southern and UL-Lafayette to play on September 8, 2012, in Lafayette. Anyone know anything?

When this thread was first posted I read somewhere on the first few pages that Southern would have New Mexico and FAMU as their OOC opponents for 2012. A friend of mine told me there's been some conversation between Southern and UL-Lafayette to play on September 8, 2012, in Lafayette. Anyone know anything?

No!!!! I want to go to New Mexico. Now there is an opening in 2013. lol

Nope. Its FAMU and New Mexico. The date is unknown but I think we may travel to them in October. I am willing to bet right after the ATL game. *smh*

Yes it's true, but I don't see the NCAA allowing SU to play 12 games.

I'd like for Gram to play ULL this year and get a return game against them in Shreveport next year!

If I'm not mistaken, that is in most HBCU vs. PWC contracts. That is how FAMU has been able to land these contracts against FBS schools. The Atlanta Football Classic also chooses who will participate based upon the bands. This has been discussed on another board concerning the future of FAMU's marching band.

Quite false. Our OSU contract for $850,000 makes no mention of the band. The 100 Black Men select teams based on trying to sell tix.

The 100 Black Men select teams based on trying to sell tix.

Dude, I know someone who serves with the 100 BMA. The bands are a big part of who they choose to participate in their event. 59,000 people didn't show up to see a 2-9 Southern team.

If FAMU's band is suspended for a few years, you'll see what I'm referring to.

Dude, I know someone who serves with the 100 BMA. The bands are a big part of who they choose to participate in their event. 59,000 people didn't show up to see a 2-9 Southern team.

If FAMU's band is suspended for a few years, you'll see what I'm referring to.
SU vs FAMU is a rivalry game. Game, bands, and being in ATL were all factors of folks going to that game.

SU vs FAMU is a rivalry game. Game, bands, and being in ATL were all factors of folks going to that game.

If the Marching 100 is suspended for a few years, don't say that I didn't warn you when the 100 BMA replaces FAMU with another team(s) when the 2-year contract is up.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back