The Pressure is ON Timmy Chang This Week vs. Grambling

We aint about to hold NOBODY to 14 points.. LOL

I'm thinking 35-38 JSU. They have new QB but OMJ actually played better O and D than GSU last year. Our problem is that we lost 5 turnovers and lost by 5 points.

I like your honesty. Both teams have two of the worse defenses in FCS. Somebody posted this on FB. I still can't believe SU almost put up 700 yards on JSU. They must have been slinging bombs from the parking lot.

GSU - JSU
CAL 656yds -MTSU605yds
BCU 524yds -TSU 436yds
ASU 256yds -SU 675yds
PV 580yds -TXSO 521yds
TOTAL YDS
2,016yds -2,237yds
AVG. YDS PER GAME
504yds -559.25yds

I like your honesty. Both teams have two of the worse defenses in FCS. Somebody posted this on FB. I still can't believe SU almost put up 700 yards on JSU. They must have been slinging bombs from the parking lot.

GSU - JSU
CAL 656yds -MTSU605yds
BCU 524yds -TSU 436yds
ASU 256yds -SU 675yds
PV 580yds -TXSO 521yds
TOTAL YDS
2,016yds -2,237yds
AVG. YDS PER GAME
504yds -559.25yds

Some bombs but mostly the biggest display of the worst tackling I've ever seen from our defense. A lot were passes in the flat that the receivers took it to the house (a bunch of Yacs). And of course Tillery had his way with the defense especially in the second half.

GSU - JSU
CAL 656yds -MTSU605yds
BCU 524yds -TSU 436yds
ASU 256yds -SU 675yds
PV 580yds -TXSO 325yds
TOTAL YDS
2,016yds -2041yds
AVG. YDS PER GAME
504yds -510.25yds

Bane you had TXSU wrong. Finally held somebody to less than 350 per game..

GSU - JSU
CAL 656yds -MTSU605yds
BCU 524yds -TSU 436yds
ASU 256yds -SU 675yds
PV 580yds -TXSO 521yds
TOTAL YDS
2,016yds -2,237yds
AVG. YDS PER GAME
504yds -559.25yds

Now what about the offensive productivity of both teams? That's the key. Can JSU win in a shootout against GSU?

Also we have a 100% field goal and extra point percentage, correct me if I'm wrong.

GSU - JSU
CAL 656yds -MTSU605yds
BCU 524yds -TSU 436yds
ASU 256yds -SU 675yds
PV 580yds -TXSO 521yds
TOTAL YDS
2,016yds -2,237yds
AVG. YDS PER GAME
504yds -559.25yds

That really wasn't the case. It was mostly sustained drives. Don't get me wrong, we were getting yards in chunks, but we weren't throwing the ball all over the field. It was mostly short and intermediate throws, with some broken for longer gains, combined with a steady dose of running.

No what about the offensive productivity of both teams? That's the key. Can JSU win in a shootout against GSU?

I think yall get way more production out of your offense. Chang is way to inconsistent for me. We could be deadly but they are still trying to establish an identity with the running game. It's all about matchups though. I'm not sure how good or bad yall lines are.

That really wasn't the case. It was mostly sustained drives. Don't get me wrong, we were getting yards in chunks, but we weren't throwing the ball all over the field. It was mostly short and intermediate throws, with some broken for longer gains, combined with a steady dose of running.

The most disappointing thing about the JSU season has been our defense. We fired the guy who had a 3rd ranked defense and we don't look much better. However, our DC has put together MANY top ranked defenses. SU was ahead of JSU in many aspects. I can't stand SU ... lol.. but your systems is years ahead of our ours and your players know their roles. JSU players are still trying to feel their way. Even on offense, we have pretty good skill players but that line is not consistent. On defense, it's confusion all over the place and missed tackles. But, now is the time to get this thing going. The defense is working hard to become a better unit.

I said this when yall hired Jackson but let me remind people ....no smack intended

JSU will never win an SCG with Harold Jackson Chang and the rest of this staff ...waste of time and I think the smarter jsu fans realize this
You mean the one's in hiding. :snicker:

GSU will try to run the ball and won't be successful but they will feast on 3rd downs passing all night. Ivy who can't read defenses to save his life will throw 3 picks because the OC REFUSES to establish the running game and keep the ball out of Ivy's hands. Even though Grambling is not that good of a team they will look like world beaters this weekend. Sad but true

GSU will try to run the ball and won't be successful but they will feast on 3rd downs passing all night. Ivy who can't read defenses to save his life will throw 3 picks because the OC REFUSES to establish the running game and keep the ball out of Ivy's hands. Even though Grambling is not that good of a team they will look like world beaters this weekend. Sad but true

Grambling has been running the ball with success all season long, we had almost 200 rushing yards vs BCU ASU and PV, we run the ball well.

Ivy sure does not know how to read defenses. My father keep telling me that !!

GSU's scrambling qb runs the ball well. 150 sum yards is not 200. Don't lie to the ppl, emotional one. GSU is not a good team. Our defense has consistently given up big plays in 3 of 4 games. Our offense consistently drove the ball at will down GSU's throat. 53 points - no big plays - sustained drives lol.

shhhhhhhhhh lol .....they think we don't notice for some reason! I can only name 2-3 who didn't support the hire from the beginning ...

I didn't support the hire, still don't support the hire but he is still a better option than most of you have. At least he was the first choice. Your coach was turned down by about 5 different schools. Im sure he wish he had waited for the JSU job to come open but we would not have hired him either.

Back