Is Dwayne Wade overrated or is he a shadow of Micheal Jordan

Blacknbengal said:
I dont agree with this part. I'll rather have Wade on defense than Kobe.

Did Wade make the All NBA Defensive team? Kobe being on that team means a lot of the NBA agree with me. Hell....Wade didn't get a vote.

Ice Man said:
Did Wade make the All NBA Defensive team? Kobe being on that team means a lot of the NBA agree with me. Hell....Wade didn't get a vote.
And I'll rather take Wade on defense than Kobe.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Ice Man said:
Here we go again.....you can't compare a few inconsistent year with a career. Wade and Lebron has a long way to go before you compare their careers to Jordan. One thing about Jordan that Wade and Lebron don't have on their resume....he was a champion at 21.

Wade's career will never come close to Jordan. Lebron's might, but I would like to see how he will react to a major injury. Wade and Lebron are liabilities on defense, which was never a problem with Jordan or Kobe.

Consistency is what seperate the players of yesterday from the guys today. Players today don't have a basketball IQ, which is why there is no consistency. They rely on pure talent versus using their head to beat teams. Jordan beat the Knicks with kindness. He made the players and fans in New York love him. Jeff Van Gundy tried to get his player to understand how Jordan used his friendship to the point that they would not challenge him.

I hope the playoff series against the Suns was an indication that Kobe has improved his basketball IQ. You can't force the flow of the game...Jordan was a master at picking his spots, which Kobe did in the Suns series.
See, you may have had a point until I read that last paragraph. Now I remember, you're a Kobe nu..... err... fan. LOL, You shole is right though. During game 7 of that series, Kobe didn't force anything. Not even a shot attempt. :shame: :emlaugh:

SUtrp96 said:
What was the first year they started allowing high schoolers into the league?

Bottom line is, if this was being done long ago, MOST of the NBA from back then would have been GREAT candidates out of high school...Some probably not, because of HEIGHT....

I honestly wish they go back to making these kids wait....The NBA would get back to what it was once this happens...

Moses Malone and Daryll Dawkins came straight out of high school... and that was WAYYY back in the day.

Mr. SWAC said:
EXACTLY! :tup:

And I would like to point out that out of the 3 rookies (LeBron James, Carmelo Anthony, and Dwayne Wade) D. Wade was the only one who led his team to the playoffs. And to make it even more evident that Wade is better than LeBron, Wade didn't have ANY HELP and carried his team to the 2nd round of the playoffs while the rest were sitting at home. The next year they got Shaq, and the rest is history.

That's not true, Carmelo's teams have made the playoffs all three years as well. And D-Wade had plenty of help his rookie season, he was only the third leading scorer on that team, as Eddie Jones and Lamar Odom both had career years.

I also say you cant determine how good a player is by championships.... some of the greatest (by the Top 50 list) have never won a championship. I would say yes it would be easier to win a championship in Miami or Chicago then in Cleveland....Kobe damn near demanded to be sent to L.A. You cant temm me that Allan Iverson isnt one of the best guards in the game today because he aint won no championship.

DAHILL said:
Moses Malone and Daryll Dawkins came straight out of high school... and that was WAYYY back in the day.

Well you got me there, I didn't know that. BUt it was as frequent as it is now.. Almost like saying there were gays way back in the day... They all out in the open now...:tup:

SUtrp96 said:
Well you got me there, I didn't know that. BUt it was as frequent as it is now.. Almost like saying there were gays way back in the day... They all out in the open now...:tup:

Jared, it wasn't that frequent and only those man-child cats like Moses and Darryl came out,meaning the big center types. Plus Moses went to Houston when they were in the ABA I think. I think Spencer Haywood came out early and started that. He may have went to school for 1 year. When Magic and Zeke(I. Thomas) came out in 79 and 81 respectively, you had to file hardship for entrace to the NBA draft if you came out before the Jr year. Both left after winning NCAA titles in their soph years. The NBA has been relaxing that policy ever since then. The flood gates opened after kids were too dumb to get their arses into college as the entrance requirements were enforced by the NCAA. Back in the day there was no real entrance requirements for athletes. They were special. LOL. So unless the school itself had high standards a lot of kids got in based on their abilities. It wasn't until the 80s when colleges came under fire for recruiting kids with no business being in school.

Also the NBA changed their pay structure and put that cap in by year of service in 99 during the strike shortened season. Remember Garnett and others got paid on potential and that upset many veterans who were star players. So they made that change. So that lead to kids leaving in earlier to get those 3 year rookie cap crap out the way and be able to make the bigger money via free agency quicker. That's why it is so hard for teams to move players now. The salaries have to match. Kobe and Iverson pretty much have the same contract since they came out at the same time and stayed with their teams. They can only get the maximum allowed for their years of service. That cut out those Juwann Howard type deals, or Larry Johnson and Mourning contracts they got coming out of school.

SUtrp96 said:
What was the first year they started allowing high schoolers into the league?

Bottom line is, if this was being done long ago, MOST of the NBA from back then would have been GREAT candidates out of high school...Some probably not, because of HEIGHT....

I honestly wish they go back to making these kids wait....The NBA would get back to what it was once this happens...
SUtrpt96, the NBA has always allowed high school players straight into the league. They stopped that and make them wait now. A new ruling this year requires high schoolers to wait at least one year before declaring for the NBA draft. I don't like the ruling because it blocks players who actually ARE ready for the NBA to play, i.e. LeBron James, Kevin Garnett, etc. It's not fair for those players. I wish the NBA would show more restraint in itself in drafting on just potential alone. That's the real solution IMHO.

JR said:
Jared, it wasn't that frequent and only those man-child cats like Moses and Darryl came out,meaning the big center types.

You're right about the man-child....that's what it took to make it in the NBA because of how physical the league was. Moses and Darryl was able to take the beating you had to face in the league, but they were not instant Superstars because they had to learn the NBA game. Now that the NBA has been reduced to a college game it's easy to jump straight from high school. some of the old UCLA teams would run a lot of the NBA teams today off the court.

Ice Man said:
You're right about the man-child....that's what it took to make it in the NBA because of how physical the league was.
Do yall remember Bill Willoughby?
He made the jump too. (why and how, I'll never know)

He wasn't a big guy and basically a role player. I remember him mostly playing with the Spurs.
back in the days of the "real" Ice Man

:lol:

jag4life said:
How many instant Superstars have jumped straight from high school? LeBron and who?
Depends on what you mean by "superstars". Is it those who entered the NBA and produced right away, or those who eventually became superstars over time. The only 3 that I can think of that produced straight out of high school are LeBron James, Kevin Garnett (who wanted to go to college 1st), and Eddy Curry. Everyone else took some time to become NBA-ready.

Mr. SWAC said:
The only 3 that I can think of that produced straight out of high school are LeBron James, Kevin Garnett (who wanted to go to college 1st), and Eddy Curry. Everyone else took some time to become NBA-ready.
While he was no superstar by any stretch, Dwight Howard was productive his rookie season. He averaged a double-double.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
D-NICE said:
Amare Stoudamire.

NICE

#2. I forgot about Mare. Other than those 2 there have been none. (meaning INSTANT stars in their first seasons...not just decent 1st seasons).

mighty hornet said:
Do yall remember Bill Willoughby?
He made the jump too. (why and how, I'll never know)

He wasn't a big guy and basically a role player. I remember him mostly playing with the Spurs.
back in the days of the "real" Ice Man

:lol:

He was drafted by your Atlanta Hawks....didn't have that much of a career and he only played one year with the Spurs. Size was his problem, but he could jump out the gym. "Real Ice Man" :lmao:

Mr. SWAC said:
Depends on what you mean by "superstars". Is it those who entered the NBA and produced right away, or those who eventually became superstars over time. The only 3 that I can think of that produced straight out of high school are LeBron James, Kevin Garnett (who wanted to go to college 1st), and Eddy Curry. Everyone else took some time to become NBA-ready.

Um Curry only averaged 7 points his first season and Garnett only averaged 10 points.

jag4life said:
#2. I forgot about Mare. Other than those 2 there have been none. (meaning INSTANT stars in their first seasons...not just decent 1st seasons).
McGrady was WAAAY more productive than Amare his rookie year.

Mr. SWAC said:
McGrady was WAAAY more productive than Amare his rookie year.

Nah bruh...check the stats... McGrady didn't even average 8ppg as a rookie. Stoudamire was in the teens plus 8rpg.

Sting said:
Um Curry only averaged 7 points his first season and Garnett only averaged 10 points.
I'm really basing mine off of production. I can see Curry as a stretch, but Garnett came in and contributed right away. He may have averaged 10 ppg, but his FG% was virtually 50%, and he didn't take many shots, because he wasn't the main option on the team. LeBron was the main option on his team. His second season he took more shots, and sky rocketed.

Mr. SWAC said:
I'm really basing mine off of production. I can see Curry as a stretch, but Garnett came in and contributed right away. He may have averaged 10 ppg, but his FG% was virtually 50%, and he didn't take many shots, because he wasn't the main option on the team. LeBron was the main option on his team. His second season he took more shots, and sky rocketed.

Well then you have to rank Stoudamire ahead of Garnett based on how performed and produced from their rookie season to their second season.

D. Wade is underrated in my opinion. He's very athletic and a force on both sides of the court.

Back