Is Dwayne Wade overrated or is he a shadow of Micheal Jordan

I think the problem is everyone wants to compare the player of the moment to MJ...Jordan has had A LOT of moments. Kobe won championships but there are other measures.

LEADERSHIP, PRESENCE, etc....now I am referring to MJ's PRIME...not that BS with the Wizards.

I remember the All Star game when the commentator...I can't remember who it was...when Kobe and Jordan dapped each other up after the game the commentator said there's the passing of the torch.

And you know what..it went to Kobe's head.

DAHILL said:
Jordan wasnt doing the things Lebran was doing in his 3rd year in the league... Do you agree?

I think that statistically they were about what and what but MJ was scoring like 36 pts a game his third year. I'm not sure but he did get to the Playoffs and he didn't have the supporting cast that LJ has. I actually think D. Wade will be better than Lebron.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Dr. Freeze said:
Like what? Scoring, highlight films, own shoes, going to the playoffs, losing to the Pistons, etc.
at what age was MJ when he won a NBA Finals? Where was Michael Jordan when he was 20?

PsychoJag said:
I think that statistically they were about what and what but MJ was scoring like 36 pts a game his third year. I'm not sure but he did get to the Playoffs and he didn't have the supporting cast that LJ has. I actually think D. Wade will be better than Lebron.
you sound like a fool... what supporting cast does LJ have? Also D Wade aint STRONG enough to be better than LJ.

DAHILL said:
at what age was MJ when he won a NBA Finals? Where was Michael Jordan when he was 20?

27 years old.

Naismith Award winner in all of College Basketball perhaps, and running through the ACC with Sam Perkins.

It quiet obvious that you don't know too much about Mike.
Mike was in the playoffs his second year in the league and they lost to the Boston Celtics in the first round. Don't forget the infamous 63 points he dropped on them in the Garden.

mighty hornet said:
Jordan averaged over 37 points his 3rd year
you are correct Jordan average 37 ppg 4 assist 5 rebounds...

LJ's third season... 31ppg, 6 assist... 7 rebounds...

also you fail to mention that in Jordans 3rd season they were swept in the first round of the playoffs by the Boston Celtics.

DAHILL said:
you sound like a fool... what supporting cast does LJ have? Also D Wade aint STRONG enough to be better than LJ.

You sound like a fool. Compare MJ's supporting cast his 3rd year compared to LJ's now. :rolleyes:

mighty hornet said:
. . . we probably will never see anybody do what Mr. Jordan did with the Bulls.

Bill Russell did "what Jordan did" before Jordan did it.

Did Jordan win 8 CHAMPIONSHIP IN A ROW? Russell did.

Did Jordan win 11 CHAMPIONSHIPS IN 13 YEARS? Russell did.

It never ceases to amaze me how folks who started watching basketball in 1984, think there was no NBA before or since Jordan. :smh:

Dr. Freeze said:
27 years old.

Naismith Award winner in all of College Basketball perhaps, and running through the ACC with Sam Perkins.

It quiet obvious that you don't know too much about Mike.
Mike was in the playoffs his second year in the league and they lost to the Boston Celtics in the first round. Don't forget the infamous 63 points he dropped on them in the Garden.

exactly... thats all I am saying... Jordan was in college at the age LJ is at now. Could you imagine if LJ played 3 years in college?
+-

PsychoJag said:
You sound like a fool. Compare MJ's supporting cast his 3rd year compared to LJ's now. :rolleyes:
He had two threats on his team... John Paxton and Charles Oakley... who else the Cavs have? Donnell Marshell (GABBAGE)... LarryHuges (rarely plays due to either being hurt and family problems)... the white center is OOOOK.

DAHILL said:
He had two threats on his team... John Paxton and Charles Oakley... who else the Cavs have? Donnell Marshell (GABBAGE)... LarryHuges (rarely plays due to either being hurt and family problems)... the white center is OOOOK.

D. Gooden, Ilgaskas (sp) and Damon Jones. The most Oakley averaged with Chicago was 14 pts

DAHILL said:
I agree Jordan was THE MAN... and I am one of Jordans biggest fans... but I also realize there isnt ONE MAN in the league that can lead his team to a championship... you have to have other talent around.... I honestly dont think Jordan "in his prime" would have led the Cleveland Cavs (this years team) to an NBA championship... but on the other hand if you could imagine LJ with Paxton, Rodman, Pippin, Horrace Grant, and Cartwright... do you think he would have won championships also? Jordan was THE MAN... but when LJ retires... he will have done EVERYTHING Jordan accomplished

Jordan was doing that stuff, he didn't have much of a team though... And all of the attention was on Larry Bird, Magic Johnson, and the Celtic vs Laker games... Seemed like the commentators didn't care about nothing else...
I think that's where the phrase "Don't Sleep" came from....lol

DAHILL said:
you are correct Jordan average 37 ppg 4 assist 5 rebounds...

LJ's third season... 31ppg, 6 assist... 7 rebounds...

also you fail to mention that in Jordans 3rd season they were swept in the first round of the playoffs by the Boston Celtics.

CJ, Jordan team was JUNK his early years... for real...Couldn't count on them niggs to bring your mail to the mail box while you were trying to change your baby diapers....:tup:

Deuce said:

Bill Russell did "what Jordan did" before Jordan did it.

Did Jordan win 8 CHAMPIONSHIP IN A ROW? Russell did.

Did Jordan win 11 CHAMPIONSHIPS IN 13 YEARS? Russell did.

It never ceases to amaze me how folks who started watching basketball in 1984, think there was no NBA before or since Jordan. :smh:

I agree. Russell was a beast. He even coached and played at the same time and won a title. He will always be my #2 favorite.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
And when MJ lost against the Celtics the Celtics were a beast. They gave the Lakers a hard time in the Finals.

PsychoJag said:
And when MJ lost against the Celtics the Celtics were a beast. They gave the Lakers a hard time in the Finals.

I think you are missing my point... YES Jordan was a great player and will be one of the greatest of all time....

but At 21... Jordan wasnt no LJ (at the same age)

DAHILL said:
I think you are missing my point... YES Jordan was a great player and will be one of the greatest of all time....

but At 21... Jordan wasnt no LJ (at the same age)

I don't agree. Lebron can't play defense to save his life. Offensively maybe. Overall no. Like I said before I think D. Wade will have a better career than Lebron. Lebron shouldn't have been the Rookie of the year D. Wade was crushing him and Carmello that year.

mighty hornet said:
He's good, but it's way too early for that.
I agree with you. Dwyane Wade is still very much a kid. Is he better than MJ at this point in his career? With the exception of MJ being a better defender, yes - Wade is better. He also has the good fortune of having a better cast around him; something that MJ did not get until his 5th or 6th year and something that MJ could not win without either.

mighty hornet said:
That's really not a knock on Wade cause we probably will never see anybody do what Mr. Jordan did with the Bulls.
The key element in that sentence is the preposition WITH. As I alluded above, MJ could not do it by himself. No one can. Whoever does it will do it WITH someone(s) else. The difference between the Heat last year and this year is not Wade or O'Neal; it is Antoine Walker, a healthier Alonzo Mourning, a better Haslem, and a role playing Gary Payton and Posey. The Pistons have a better starting 5 than the Heat but they simply did not have enough horses in the stable.

Labron James might actually have more talent than Jordon, Kobe Bryant, Dwyane Wade, or (dare I say it...?) Oscar Robertson or Magic Johnson. What he does not have in Cleveland (yet) is an adequate supporting cast. Magic walked into one. The Big O found one in Milwaukee with a young Alcindor and Bob Dandridge. Jordon deferred money to get it Chicago. Kobe got it kicked out of town. None of them did it by themselves.

PsychoJag said:
I don't agree. Lebron can't play defense to save his life. Offensively maybe. Overall no. Like I said before I think D. Wade will have a better career than Lebron. Lebron shouldn't have been the Rookie of the year D. Wade was crushing him and Carmello that year.

We are talking about Jordan and LJ.... so you telling me that Jordan in his last year at Carolina was better than LJ this year? (both at the age of 21)

Dr. Sweet NUPE said:
...I remember the All Star game when the commentator...I can't remember who it was...when Kobe and Jordan dapped each other up after the game the commentator said there's the passing of the torch.

And you know what..it went to Kobe's head.

Both you and the commentator are correct.

dacontinent said:
I agree with you. Dwyane Wade is still very much a kid. Is he better than MJ at this point in his career? With the exception of MJ being a better defender, yes - Wade is better. He also has the good fortune of having a better cast around him; something that MJ did not get until his 5th or 6th year and something that MJ could not win without either.

The key element in that sentence is the preposition WITH. As I alluded above, MJ could not do it by himself. No one can. Whoever does it will do it WITH someone(s) else. The difference between the Heat last year and this year is not Wade or O'Neal; it is Antoine Walker, a healthier Alonzo Mourning, a better Haslem, and a role playing Gary Payton and Posey. The Pistons have a better starting 5 than the Heat but they simply did not have enough horses in the stable.

Labron James might actually have more talent than Jordon, Kobe Bryant, Dwyane Wade, or (dare I say it...?) Oscar Robertson or Magic Johnson. What he does not have in Cleveland (yet) is an adequate supporting cast. Magic walked into one. The Big O found one in Milwaukee with a young Alcindor and Bob Dandridge. Jordon deferred money to get it Chicago. Kobe got it kicked out of town. None of them did it by themselves.

Great post and LMAO@ Kobe got it kicked out of town

DAHILL said:
We are talking about Jordan and LJ.... so you telling me that Jordan in his last year at Carolina was better than LJ this year? (both at the age of 21)

Like I said before we'll never know how good MJ coulda been if he would have come out of high school. MJ played in Dean Smith's SYSTEM.

DAHILL said:

Yes and for one and only one reason: When the game was on the line, Micheal wanted the ball. Until about the last month of this season, Lebron ran away from the ball with the game on the line. He is starting to come around.

Like I said earlier, he may be the most talented of the phenoms. What he needs to do is go and take some lessons on defense from Kobe Bryant.

PsychoJag said:
Like I said before we'll never know how good MJ coulda been if he would have come out of high school. MJ played in Dean Smith's SYSTEM.
He more than likely wouldnt have got drafted.... damn sure wouldnt have been with the first pick like Lebran.... Jordan wasnt a super superstar coming out of high school.

Back