Is Dwayne Wade overrated or is he a shadow of Micheal Jordan

uapbpower

I came to this conclusion last last night and it has been puzzling me all day. Why do they build up Mr. Wade as the next Jordan or is Dwayne Wade really that good. Sometimes when I watch him he is just your average NBA player and when he get in foul trouble you can call it the day. The only time when the focus is on him is during a highlight film or a dunk. Wade is good but not that good to me and I really don't think he is a top ten player in the NBA. I might be wrong but Wade need to prove I am wrong. Can Miami beat Dallas? Can Wade dominate Dallas? Will Wade blow up under pressure? What do you think SWAC fans...is Mr. Wade one of the best guards in NBA history. Once again I don't think so until he wins a championship. Dwayne Wade is really overrated player in the NBA and he will never do what Micheal Jordan did with the Bulls.

are you crazy.... Keep in mind I aint a HEAT fan... but you HAVE to give Wade his props... The boy can flat out play.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
We have to realize there will be a VERY LONG time before a player of Michael Jordan's status grazes our eyes. MJ was flat out JESUS of Basketball.

Dr. Sweet NUPE said:
We have to realize there will be a VERY LONG time before a player of Michael Jordan's status grazes our eyes. MJ was flat out JESUS of Basketball.

I somewhat tend to disagree.... MJ was the NBA... but I think there are individuals in the league now with just as much talent as MJ.

uapbpower said:
Iis Mr. Wade one of the best guards in NBA history.
He's good, but it's way too early for that.

he will never do what Micheal Jordan did with the Bulls.
That's really not a knock on Wade cause we probably will never see anybody do what Mr. Jordan did with the Bulls.

Dr. Sweet NUPE said:
Those are BIG words you talking.

I think this point in their career that both Kobe and Labraun are better than what Michael Jordan was at the same piont... and this is without playing not even a year in college. They both will get there due respect in due time.. Cant remember the exact year Kobe came out.... but just think Labraun would have been a junior in college this past year.... isnt that when Jordan came out?

mighty hornet said:
Physical talent--maybe
The ability to take over, influence, change, dominate, and win a series, a championship-------------NOT A CHANCE!!!
but Jordan didnt ALWAYS do all these...not until he got a nucleus around him...Kobe did the same thing with a nucleus.... wait until LJ gets a nucleus.

DAHILL said:
I think this point in their career that both Kobe and Labraun are better than what Michael Jordan was at the same pion

Kobe has been in the league 10 years!!!! Yet to even be MVP. Yet to lead a team to a championship. Heck, take Shaq (the most dominant center of this time) out of the equation, and Kobe has yet to lead his team to a playoff series win.
By Jordan's 10th season, he had firmly established himself as the top player in the league. He had won every conceivable award. He had led the Bulls to 3 titles, 3 Finals MVP, led the league in scoring 7 times, defensive player of the year, league MVP, etc.

The comparison is nonexistent with Jordan and kobe.

Way too early with Lebron

DAHILL said:
I think this point in their career that both Kobe and Labraun are better than what Michael Jordan was at the same piont... and this is without playing not even a year in college. They both will get there due respect in due time.. Cant remember the exact year Kobe came out.... but just think Labraun would have been a junior in college this past year.... isnt that when Jordan came out?

Kobe came out with us, he is class of 96...

He should be 27 making 28 or already 28...:tup:

SUtrp96 said:
Kobe came out with us, he is class of 96...

He should be 27 making 28 or already 28...:tup:
you sure???? Kobe cant be that old... When I graudated it was the same year Kevin Garnett skipped college.... so Kobe has to be younger.

mighty hornet said:
Kobe has been in the league 10 years!!!! Yet to even be MVP. Yet to lead a team to a championship. Heck, take Shaq (the most dominant center of this time) out of the equation, and Kobe has yet to lead his team to a playoff series win.
By Jordan's 10th season, he had firmly established himself as the top player in the league. He had won every conceivable award. He had led the Bulls to 3 titles, 3 Finals MVP, led the league in scoring 7 times, defensive player of the year, etc.

The comparison is nonexistent with Jordan and kobe.

Way too early with Lebron
but you must agree that Jordan didnt do anything until he got a nucleus... Pippin, Paxton, Horace Grant, Bill Cartwright, Rodman...

DAHILL said:
you sure???? Kobe cant be that old... When I graudated it was the same year Kevin Garnett skipped college.... so Kobe has to be younger.

I am pretty sure, he came into the league right after high school... Almost sure it was 96...

but Jordan was BAR NONE, the man. (I KNOW you or anybody else would dispute that) The ball was in his hand. Everybody in the universe knew it was gonna be. And he delivered, time and time again.

Kobe, on the other hand, was playing with the most dominant big man in the league. The case can easily be made (and I agree) that Shaq was the man behind those championships. He has the hardware to prove it too.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
SUtrp96 said:
I am pretty sure, he came into the league right after high school... Almost sure it was 96...

Yeah that's correct, he should be 27 or 28.

Just found this...

Kobe Bryant
Basketball Player
Kobe Bryant joined the Los Angeles Lakers in 1996 and became part of a celebrated one-two punch with center Shaquille O'Neal. The pair led the Lakers to NBA championships in 2000, 2001 and 2002. Bryant was an NBA prodigy, jumping straight from high school to the pros. (He was drafted in 1996 by the Charlotte Hornets, then traded to the Lakers for center Vlade Divac.) Bryant's charisma and flashy talent led some to compare him with former NBA superstar Michael Jordan. In July 2003 Bryant was charged with sexual assault after an encounter with a 19-year-old resort employee in Colorado; Bryant insisted that his relationship with the woman was consensual. The case was eventually dismissed and Bryant settled a civil suit with the woman out of court. Bryant continued to play with the Lakers, and on 22 January 2006 scored 81 points in a game against the Toronto Raptors. It was the second highest-scoring individual performance in NBA history, trailing only the 100 points scored by Wilt Chamberlain on 2 March 1962.

:tup:

yeah just read that... Didnt realize Kobe was that old..... I thought Garnett was way older than Kobe.

DAHILL said:
yeah just read that... Didnt realize Kobe was that old..... I thought Garnett was way older than Kobe.

He was born August 23, 1978.. I remember because I remember my dad telling me I should have stock with basketball to be like (Kobe) instead going to march in the band the year I left for college....lol

mighty hornet said:
but Jordan was BAR NONE, the man. (I KNOW you or anybody else would dispute that) The ball was in his hand. Everybody in the universe knew it was gonna be. And he delivered, time and time again.

Kobe, on the other hand, was playing with the most dominant big man in the league. The case can easily be made (and I agree) that Shaq was the man behind those championships. He has the hardware to prove it too.
I agree Jordan was THE MAN... and I am one of Jordans biggest fans... but I also realize there isnt ONE MAN in the league that can lead his team to a championship... you have to have other talent around.... I honestly dont think Jordan "in his prime" would have led the Cleveland Cavs (this years team) to an NBA championship... but on the other hand if you could imagine LJ with Paxton, Rodman, Pippin, Horrace Grant, and Cartwright... do you think he would have won championships also? Jordan was THE MAN... but when LJ retires... he will have done EVERYTHING Jordan accomplished

Dr. Sweet NUPE said:
There is not a player today that can equal MJ in MJ's PRIME.
i probably agree with you... I was comparing the players as to the time they have been in the league now.... with where Michael Jordan was at the same time. Jordan wasnt doing the things Lebran was doing in his 3rd year in the league... Do you agree?

DAHILL said:
i probably agree with you... I was comparing the players as to the time they have been in the league now.... with where Michael Jordan was at the same time. Jordan wasnt doing the things Lebran was doing in his 3rd year in the league... Do you agree?

Like what? Scoring, highlight films, own shoes, going to the playoffs, losing to the Pistons, etc.

Back